Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 16:58   #9361
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Someone clicked and shared it on Facebook. No idea when and where it happened. Looking forward for his explanation.

Old 1st October 2011, 19:42   #9362
BHPian

Re: KPN Bus accident near Vellore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I had posted in the other thread on intercity buses.

The Hindu : Front Page : 23 burnt to death as private bus bound for Pollachi overturns near Vellore

The bus which was involved in the accident near Kaveripakkam. It was an A/c sleeper bus to Pollachi from Chennai belonging to KPN Travels. The diesel tank exploded under impact leading to the entire bus getting gutted in no time. Apparently as per the Police IG two lorries were involved in an accident in front of the bus, the driver wanting to avoid these lorries steered left, lost control of the bus which hit a bridge and fell onto the ditch. Except for the driver and one passenger all others perished in the accident. May the souls rest in peace. Just goes to show how dangerous our highways are, you are never in control of your destiny, how ever careful you are.

Image courtesy : Dinamalar.

I stopped travelling in A/C sleepers after this specific accident. The only passenger who survived had witnessed his wife and his kid burnt to death on live. Its an unimaginable situation. There is no fire exit on these sleeper buses.
Old 1st October 2011, 22:32   #9363
BHPian

Saw this one on my friends FB page
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus.jpg  

Old 1st October 2011, 23:00   #9364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
This was very dangerous situation and felt happy that there was no passenger in the car, however it still is a panic situation as you are inside the car when the tree fell off. How was the car taken care did the insurance cover all the damage ? because this is not an man made accident did insurance agree to this situation and what are the repairs taken up because it's the left side 'a' pillar which is damaged and did you change the body.
Except for the car, no other damage from my side. Even the car damage was restricted to the body. The cabin roof, passenger side A and B pillars along with both the doors were replaced. There was some damage to the engine bonnet due to firefighters climbing on top of it to cut down the tree.

Everything was taken care of by the Insurance Company. Total cost of repairs came to about 75K of which i had to shell out @5K. I must mention that the car was not even an year old, so not much depreciation. IMO the insurance covers everything from accidental damage to natural calamities (It is mentioned in the Insurance cover note, if you can go through it)

Also the Tata service center here in Goa did a pathetic job of rebuilding the car. During painting of the car, they painted all the metal parts and sone rubber components in the cabin too. The whole of cabin now has traces of the red paint. And to make matters worse, a white Safari was being painted just next to my car. Now my car Interiors are a mix of red and white paint traces. This must be the worst Service center in the whole of India.

This is the pic of the C pillar plastic cladding which has come off.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0193.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2011, 09:53   #9365
BHPian

This accident happened in march 2009 in the jungles of Yellapura ( between Hubli and Karwar ) in Karnataka. The cause is unknown. Since it was a slope, we could find onions for almost next 50 meters. Two wheeler riders who were on their way to the nearest villages didnt waste the opportunity and collected as much onions as they could.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-12032009466_1.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2011, 17:23   #9366
Senior - BHPian

Got this from FB, no idea how it hapened!
Courtesy : Siddharth Sanapathi.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-308641_2377469151662_1098604409_32821508_868197000_n.jpg  

shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:08   #9367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn
Woah! Damage to the truck looks worse than the Audi! Though I'm sure repairing the Audi will cost more
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:31   #9368
BHPian

I had the chance to see the Redbull F1 car yesterday in action at Rajpath in New delhi, Today while passing by the same intersection ( Rajpath and Janpath ) saw this accident, Seems like the Yeti was the culptrit and the poor Maruti Van has taken hell of a beating. It also had visible blood stains and signs of being rolled over. It is unfortunate to see peoplle drive like this and cause these kind of incidents.

Going by the people and photographers present seems like i was there shortly after the accident. Will know of any fatalities only tomorrow. Sure to be in the paper just because of the location. This is bang in between the Rashtrapati Bhavan and India Gate.

Pics will tell the story.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00065201110021403.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00066201110021406.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00067201110021406.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2011, 21:27   #9369
BHPian

Nano Accident In Kerala

TV news reports that there was a Nano Car accident at Udayamperoor near Thripunithura (Kochi). The Nano car collided with a fully loaded truck at about 08.30 am today. Mr. Ajaikumar from Mangalath House, Muhamma near Alappuzha died in the accident. Another person (child ?) Vishnu is very serious in the hospital. One more person Sheeja is also injured and in the hospital. It seems that that Nano car was overtaking another vehicle and it lost control and collided with the truck. The picture of the nano car was shown in TV. It was totally damaged. It looks like a Nano CX. Color is Red. All the above info were written based on a glance on the TV news. More accurate info will be known soon.
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:57   #9370
BHPian

News report about the above accident.
Really sad news.

Three IAF personnel killed, four others injured in road mishap - The Times of India
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:28   #9371
BHPian

Re: Nano Accident In Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
TV news reports that there was a Nano Car accident at Udayamperoor near Thripunithura (Kochi). The Nano car collided with a fully loaded truck at about 08.30 am today. Mr. Ajaikumar from Mangalath House, Muhamma near Alappuzha died in the accident. Another person (child ?) Vishnu is very serious in the hospital. One more person Sheeja is also injured and in the hospital. It seems that that Nano car was overtaking another vehicle and it lost control and collided with the truck. The picture of the nano car was shown in TV. It was totally damaged. It looks like a Nano CX. Color is Red. All the above info were written based on a glance on the TV news. More accurate info will be known soon.
The TV news is available in the following link. The duration of the total news is 25 minutes and 17 seconds. This nano car accident news is towards the end (after 21 minutes out of the 25 minutes 17 seconds).

Manorama News

Last edited by KMohanan : 2nd October 2011 at 22:30.
Old 3rd October 2011, 05:54   #9372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsoneja View Post
I had the chance to see the Redbull F1 car yesterday in action at Rajpath in New delhi, Today while passing by the same intersection ( Rajpath and Janpath ) saw this accident, Seems like the Yeti was the culptrit and the poor Maruti Van has taken hell of a beating. It also had visible blood stains and signs of being rolled over. It is unfortunate to see peoplle drive like this and cause these kind of incidents.

Going by the people and photographers present seems like i was there shortly after the accident. Will know of any fatalities only tomorrow. Sure to be in the paper just because of the location. This is bang in between the Rashtrapati Bhavan and India Gate.

Pics will tell the story.
Its a tragic accident. 3 IAF personnel have lost their lives. Maruti Omni is one of the worst passenger vehicles on our roads as far as safety is concerned.

Its horrifying to see the damage/fatalities of this magnitude given the other vehicle involved in the accident is just a car.
Old 3rd October 2011, 08:33   #9373
Team-BHP Support

The Nano accident seems to prove my theory, the smaller the car, the more suicidal you are!

In both this and the Delhi accident, Am certain that seatbelts would have reduced the fatalities!
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:14   #9374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycelfjean View Post
Saw this one on my friends FB page
When God decides to gift, he really makes sure it reaches, no matter what!!
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:47   #9375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
This has already been posted before..

Most Viewed