Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 22:16   #9496
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
aw shucks man! sorry about your car!

i'm actually surprised that although the damage looks visually less, internal damage is more!

i was once rear ended by a RE500 at around 60kmph (the guy fell off the bike); didn't even make a scratch on the rear bumper, which was surprise considering the impact!
:-( Modern day fiber body works make it seem like nothing happened at all - Imagine the radiator/ac unit being sheared off and yet the front looks like i scraped against a bike.

and on the other hand - the guy who rammed into me - his bonnet cover is opened up like a upturned lip. so I am indeed missing something in this accident.
Old 12th October 2011, 00:15   #9497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I wasn't around when that happened but the good thing is the chap hung around instead of scooting away.
Ahh, yes. That is a big plus point.

Glad you have him tied down. It must have been tough for him, having his "victim" as interpreter with the cops --- and you must have been very fair-minded to be able to do it
Old 12th October 2011, 00:20   #9498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Ahh, yes. That is a big plus point.

Glad you have him tied down. It must have been tough for him, having his "victim" as interpreter with the cops --- and you must have been very fair-minded to be able to do it
It's all in the intent. Don't you agree? Though I was heartbroken that my beautifully maintained/well taken care of car was banged into. Deep within I was hating this guy for doing it but then again, I wasn't there to see what he did. And he wasn't trying to cover up his mistake despite the "black out" story. Moreover he hung around there. All this kind of helped me maintain my sanity and not use the "local" advantage to my benefit. Though I did not hesitate in making him agree to incur every bit of the cost that I may have to bear. Despite all this, at the police station he tried to scoot saying he didn't need the police document. He was caught by the "writer" and the SI threatened to file a hit and run case against him. And I had to pacify him - again with the local language.
Shubz is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 00:12   #9499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Though I was heartbroken that my beautifully maintained/well taken care of car was banged into. Deep within I was hating this guy for doing it but then again, I wasn't there to see what he did. And he wasn't trying to cover up his mistake despite the "black out" story. Moreover he hung around there. All this kind of helped me maintain my sanity and not use the "local" advantage to my benefit.
Great. You behaved like a true TBhpian. Keep that spirit soaring high always.
Old 13th October 2011, 07:30   #9500
Senior - BHPian

Saw this toppled TATA truck with a container on the Kochi Kottayam road. The road had a 90 degree turning and the truck coming to Kochi fell towards the LHS. Luckily there were no pedestrians there at that point of time. I have recently noticed many similar vehicles being driven at higher speeds and with gay abandon in this stretch.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-12102011731.jpg  

Old 13th October 2011, 17:31   #9501
BHPian

Externally Hosted Pictures:

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by bblost : 16th October 2011 at 12:23. Reason: check the post. Thanks.
Old 13th October 2011, 17:37   #9502
Senior - BHPian

Presenting the internal damage! :-(

Bill estimated to around 60+ thousand.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-opn1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-opn2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-opn3.jpg  

Old 13th October 2011, 17:49   #9503
Senior - BHPian

Ouch!! Shubz my condolences , really unnecessary but thats how most things happened. No chance of saving the radiator? - ofcourse cant make out how bad it is behind that pillar but just on the small chance that it is ok?
Old 13th October 2011, 18:16   #9504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Ouch!! Shubz my condolences , really unnecessary but thats how most things happened. No chance of saving the radiator? - ofcourse cant make out how bad it is behind that pillar but just on the small chance that it is ok?
I'd say "Replace" than Save? Quite possible that the mechanics could do some jugaad and save the radiator and use it on my car itself? And I wouldn't know if they did that cos it will all be covered by the front bumper unit.
Old 13th October 2011, 18:52   #9505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Saw a tweet - Someone took delivery of a Santro and drove it down the first floor.
http://i.imgur.com/cufDP.jpg
This has already been posted here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
This happened yesterday at Sanjay Hundai , Kharadi , pune.
It is a brand new car. There were 5 people in car when it fell on ground from first floor platform......
Just wondering how the five passengers were moved out of the car. The twitter pic shows a better angle of the car. Looks like the seats are dislocated too. @idea Should be able to provide the answer!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 13th October 2011 at 18:58.
Old 14th October 2011, 00:17   #9506
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh Shubz! Indeed that was quite a knock, not to mention quite a bill.
Old 14th October 2011, 10:38   #9507
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Maruti Dzire climb up the dividers in Pune (Paud Road) today on the way to office. Was not able to take a full snap but could capture the damage done.

I can think of two possible scenarios:

- There is a right turn on that road. And this guy tried to take the turn at high speeds and because of bad judgement climbed up the divider
- He was on the right most lane and while trying to avoid someone suddenly coming on to the road turned the steering and climbed up

Any which way the damage is substantial.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00110.jpg
Old 14th October 2011, 11:02   #9508
BHPian

One of my friend flew from Delhi to do Bangalore-Goa road trip. Their car met with an accident and he succumbed to injuries after 3 days in hospital. He was to get married in November.

Drive Safe !!!

PS: He was not driving.
Old 14th October 2011, 11:36   #9509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
One of my friend flew from Delhi to do Bangalore-Goa road trip. Their car met with an accident and he succumbed to injuries after 3 days in hospital. He was to get married in November.

Drive Safe !!!

PS: He was not driving.
ow! that is very sad indeed. how were they travelling (which car)? where did the accident happen?

may his soul rest in peace and may his family have the courage to deal with the loss.
Old 14th October 2011, 11:44   #9510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
ow! that is very sad indeed. how were they travelling (which car)? where did the accident happen?

may his soul rest in peace and may his family have the courage to deal with the loss.
I have no further info. He was my colleague at Adobe, Noida and I got this info from friends there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks