Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 16:41   #9556
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

I just managed to bang my Optra Magnum into some Innova guy, somehow its mettallic rear guard got bent. Me being a good boy gave my cell number to him and asked him to consult the workshop and give me the repair costs. I was thinking at the max it would cost me 1000 bucks.

This guy called me, and told me that the workshop guys cannot fix the guard as it would still create rattles and have advised him to change the rear guard which is costing him 8000 bucks.

Dunno what to do as it was a minor accident and there was no damage on my car. Seems a little too steep for me, or should I consult my insurance agent and get it covered under 3rd party damage.

HELP Guys.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:01   #9557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock
I just managed to bang my Optra Magnum into some Innova guy, somehow its mettallic rear guard got bent. Me being a good boy gave my cell number to him and asked him to consult the workshop and give me the repair costs. I was thinking at the max it would cost me 1000 bucks.

This guy called me, and told me that the workshop guys cannot fix the guard as it would still create rattles and have advised him to change the rear guard which is costing him 8000 bucks.

Dunno what to do as it was a minor accident and there was no damage on my car. Seems a little too steep for me, or should I consult my insurance agent and get it covered under 3rd party damage.

HELP Guys.
He probably fit it to cause more damage in case of a bump,and protect his bumper.
And that itself broke?
Pardon me while I snicker.
There have been so many discussions about a moral illegality of these bull bars.
Had it been me,i would not pay anything.

But this is from a slight place of anger,as my cars.bumper got ripped up by one of these bars,in an impact which would have caused a minor scratch against a regular bumper.

Its your call eod.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:02   #9558
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post

HELP Guys.
"It would create rattles" is hypothetical. Maybe it was already rattling before? Just REFUSE and get tough. He might agree to your paying only for re-fixing the guard as a ploy to bring you face to face before attempting extortion for the 8K. Send another person (a toughie) to make the cash payment.

--Ragul
Old 20th October 2011, 17:10   #9559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post

HELP Guys.
1) If it has to be replaced tell him that it has to be inspected before you could part with such money. If he agrees then he probably could be bargained into. Talk about how illegal the bars are and he is not liable to be paid and all that.

2) If he disagrees, then say you cannot pay and this has to be handled by insurance and ask him to file a police complaint post which the formalities would be complained at an authorized service center.

In any case he just knows your phone number, make him earn the compensation if you think he is trying to fleece you!
Old 20th October 2011, 19:05   #9560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
He probably fit it to cause more damage in case of a bump,and protect his bumper.
And that itself broke?
Pardon me while I snicker.
There have been so many discussions about a moral illegality of these bull bars.
Had it been me,i would not pay anything.

But this is from a slight place of anger,as my cars.bumper got ripped up by one of these bars,in an impact which would have caused a minor scratch against a regular bumper.

Its your call eod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
"It would create rattles" is hypothetical. Maybe it was already rattling before? Just REFUSE and get tough. He might agree to your paying only for re-fixing the guard as a ploy to bring you face to face before attempting extortion for the 8K. Send another person (a toughie) to make the cash payment.

--Ragul
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
1) If it has to be replaced tell him that it has to be inspected before you could part with such money. If he agrees then he probably could be bargained into. Talk about how illegal the bars are and he is not liable to be paid and all that.

2) If he disagrees, then say you cannot pay and this has to be handled by insurance and ask him to file a police complaint post which the formalities would be complained at an authorized service center.

In any case he just knows your phone number, make him earn the compensation if you think he is trying to fleece you!
Will be meeting him tomorrow to inspect his car, have decided not to pay more than 1k, that too out of goodwill. If he asks anything more will go through the insurance route.
Old 20th October 2011, 19:28   #9561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
All in all one horrendous night.

Got an estimate from the dealer around 30,000 - 35,000 Rs. I will be shelling out 7,500 to 10,000 Rs and the remaining amount by the insurance company.

Few points.

1. The Indica driver has tried to execute an emergency lane change maneuver and failed miserably. Am I capable to execute such a maneuver at considerable speed, seriously I have no idea. I don't know how many of us have the necessary skill to execute such a maneuver.

2. ESP(Electronic Stability Program) will save us in these situation.
Sorry friend to read about the gory mishap. Luckily you have escaped without much of a loss. I felt Indica taxis in Maharashtra are rashly driven.They create chaos on city roads and elsewhere. Find the same thing happening in Tamil Nadu.
And the bus journey after that!!!
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 03:02   #9562
Distinguished - BHPian

Another Day Another Dent...

Puling over to allow an oncoming vehicle to pass on a narrow back street, I came up against a tricycle cart. These things have wicked steel protrusions on each side.

Couldn't blame anyone else but me: sorry-sorry-sorried the cart man, who didn't care anyway (nothing bent) and reflected that it is better to giver up ideas of a new car because (big admission on T-BHP) simply ...I'm no longer a good enough driver <Blush>
Old 21st October 2011, 08:10   #9563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Another Day Another Dent...

Puling over to allow an oncoming vehicle to pass on a narrow back street, I came up against a tricycle cart. These things have wicked steel protrusions on each side.

Couldn't blame anyone else but me: sorry-sorry-sorried the cart man, who didn't care anyway (nothing bent) and reflected that it is better to giver up ideas of a new car because (big admission on T-BHP) simply ...I'm no longer a good enough driver <Blush>
Now beat this- Going on a rather bad road and a Honda City which is trying to not to hurt its nose while diving into one of the pot holes managed to make a huge stone airborne and that very stone hit my alloys which lost the paint and left a dent on my door, now whom can I blame? Not even myself
Old 21st October 2011, 09:19   #9564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil

Now beat this- Going on a rather bad road and a Honda City which is trying to not to hurt its nose while diving into one of the pot holes managed to make a huge stone airborne and that very stone hit my alloys which lost the paint and left a dent on my door, now whom can I blame? Not even myself
Don't beat yourself up; you can't do anything about it. I got a similar dent on the driver side door when a passing car on the opposite lane flicked a stone
Old 21st October 2011, 12:00   #9565
BHPian

Saw this on FB, not sure how it happened. It always amazes me how some people think that a cylindrical chrome bar (bull bar) decorating their car front can save them from impact. After all its attached to the car and not to a stone wall
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-313320_2514186820310_1422365334_2923096_1673578547_n.jpg  

gurudutt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 12:05   #9566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Saw this on FB, not sure how it happened. It always amazes me how some people think that a cylindrical chrome bar (bull bar) decorating their car front can save them from impact. After all its attached to the car and not to a stone wall
This is an EECO, yes?
On the E-way, this is becoming one of the most rashly driven vehicles.

So many times, i have seen them weaving in and out, and growing larger in the RVM at a surprising pace(what specs does the EECO have??), and I could see the passengers in the back sitting petrified!!
It rolls like a basketball on the everest!!

I just let them pass.
Hell, drive the way you want, i just dont want a toppling car scratching mine!
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 12:20   #9567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..........growing larger in the RVM at a surprising pace(what specs does the EECO have??), and I could see the passengers in the back sitting petrified!!
It rolls like a basketball on the everest!!...........................
Man that was hilarious!!! These are my exact thoughts on this vehicle, I wonder how can it do such speeds, one such about to topple EECO overtook me in a jiffy when I was at 120!!! I really did not know hot to react!!
Old 21st October 2011, 12:23   #9568
BHPian

Quote:
This is an EECO, yes?
On the E-way, this is becoming one of the most rashly driven vehicles.

So many times, i have seen them weaving in and out, and growing larger in the RVM at a surprising pace(what specs does the EECO have??), and I could see the passengers in the back sitting petrified!!
It rolls like a basketball on the everest!!

I just let them pass.
I guess the EECO has the old wagon-r engine under the hood, the vehicle gives a superior road view, so is the case with sumos, taveros, boleros which are driven in a rash manner.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:38   #9569
BHPian

19 Oct 2011: There was terrible accident in HSR Sec 2 at 6:00PM. As describe by a bike mechanic, I only saw the swift being towed by Suraksha service station vehicle.

A rash (red) Swift driver sped straight into the 4 - junction. Hitting a Scooty first, then a pregnent lady and then a auto. Halts after hitting a tree.

Apparently, the driver was yelling at others as he believed it was their mistake!
Old 21st October 2011, 12:43   #9570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I guess the EECO has the old wagon-r engine under the hood, the vehicle gives a superior road view, so is the case with sumos, taveros, boleros which are driven in a rash manner.

The official website reads, 1196 cc MPFI all aluminium engine which churns out 73 bhp @ 6000 rpm and 101 Nm @ 3000 rpm of torque, which is not bad after all considering the weight of the vehicle 928 Kilograms max for a 5 seater AC variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks