Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 16:47   #9646
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
when fiesta met bolero , fiesta belongs to a friend's friend
So Fiesta's front windscreen is intact while bolero's windscreen is gone. Do I also see Bolero's roof bent or is it the reflection?
Old 28th October 2011, 18:06   #9647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar_gogoi View Post
The accident is all over the news. Looks like the merc was been driven by Ronit Roy. Blame is being put on the merc. But whats nagging me is how the merc was was able to T-Bone the merc. Seeing the pics of the impact it looks like the merc tried to turn to the left to avoid the wagon-R.

What I was wondering is did the Wagon-R jump to the main road all of a sudden and then stop seeing the merc approaching? Seeing the wagon R, it looked like it may have been stationary.

But then again I am no expert. So can anyone throw more light to what exactly happened?
I've similar doubts regarding the accident. Was just checking a video clip about this news which showed both the Merc and Wagon-R. The Mercedes' driver side seems to have hit the Wagon-R driver's side, almost in the middle. Now to this to happen they must be coming in opposite direction. So now the question is that was the Wagon-R or the Mercedes coming on the wrong side of the road? When they were face to face both took left turn but Merc's driver side ended up hitting WagonR's driver side in the middle. Or it also may be the case that Wagon-R was taking a U-turn.
Another thing to note that one of the Wagon-R passenger was telling the media that her mom being thrown out of the car due to the impact. So this almost clearly indicates that she was not wearing a seat-belt. I think the injuries would've been much less if the injured person were wearing seat-belt.
And I really appreciate the fact that the actor didn't run away from the scene and helped the victims. Not many do it and mostly would run-away.
Old 28th October 2011, 18:27   #9648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@crazybiker46:
Any info on the injuries for the occupants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
So Fiesta's front windscreen is intact while bolero's windscreen is gone. Do I also see Bolero's roof bent or is it the reflection?
Happened at NH byepass near Technopark,Bolero was in wrong side trying to overtake

Fiesta driver was wearing seat belts and he is fine, no info about occupants in bolero

Ford dealer qouted 2 lakhs for repair

I have seen 2 more pics of bolero and in all there seems to be a dent on roof not clear though due to reflection
Old 28th October 2011, 20:39   #9649
BHPian

Two lakhs for repairs??? Wonder what they are going to replace!
Old 28th October 2011, 21:33   #9650
Senior - BHPian

Saw this swift which over shot from the road, today at around 7pm. This was in a narrow road at a 90 degree bend the car went straight. Luckily there was no injury to anyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26102011-004.jpg  

Old 28th October 2011, 21:35   #9651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
when fiesta met bolero , fiesta belongs to a friend's friend
Is the chassis of the bolero broken near the windsheild or is it the bent body and flat tyre causing that effect? I would say that the fiesta has handled the impact much better than the bolero. Wasn't expected from bolero, it looks quiet sturdy.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:26   #9652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
Is the chassis of the bolero broken near the windsheild or is it the bent body and flat tyre causing that effect?
You you you! I thought of the exact same thing but then decided against putting it up as I thought how can a bolero chassis be broken, I mean isn't it the largest selling MUV in India being driven on all kinds of roads throughout the country.

But then since you've asked this even I would want to know if its actually the broken chassis or punctured tyre + bent fender making it look like a broken chassis?
Old 29th October 2011, 02:38   #9653
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta is one tough cookie, have seen a few that have been in duels on the highway and almost all of them showed absolutely no damage to the passenger cabin. Infact some years ago Ford use to run an advertisement campaign based on the same. Now the Bolero I believe has a ladder frame chassis which really does not have a front cross member to offset frontal impact. The force will always find its way up in to the A pillars and the same seems to be the case here what with the roof showing signs of bellowing up though the photo is not very clear due to the lighting/overexposure. Disruption of A pillars brings along with it displacement of the dashboard and damage to the doors etc clearly seen in the snap. Being the largest selling does not equate to being safe leave aside being the safe'st'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
Is the chassis of the bolero broken near the windsheild or is it the bent body and flat tyre causing that effect? I would say that the fiesta has handled the impact much better than the bolero. Wasn't expected from bolero, it looks quiet sturdy.
Quote:
You you you! I thought of the exact same thing but then decided against putting it up as I thought how can a bolero chassis be broken, I mean isn't it the largest selling MUV in India being driven on all kinds of roads throughout the country.

But then since you've asked this even I would want to know if its actually the broken chassis or punctured tyre + bent fender making it look like a broken chassis?
Old 29th October 2011, 19:42   #9654
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across another high speed crash in NICE road, Bangalore. I think it was a Fortuner which toppled up side down on the road side, it looked heavily damaged. Sorry, couldn't take any pics since cops didn't allow anyone to stop in the accident spot.
Old 29th October 2011, 20:24   #9655
Senior - BHPian

We made a quick visit to Mundamveli, yesterday, leaving our home (Tirurangadi, ~35 kms from Calicut) at 9:30 and reaching Mundamveli at 12:30 PM to be precise. After paying a visit to our hometown, ~10 km to the interior of Aluva, we reached back home at 6 AM.

On the way, we spotted a Maruti Swift which must have been driven at speeds, north of 120km/hr :

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00008.jpg

This how the car looked like after 27 mins. The accident took few kms before Chalakudy :

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00013.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00014.jpg
  1. If I go by the 'marks' on the road, the car seems to have hit the divider and spun. The car was hit by a truck and got dragged by a few metres.
  2. The accident seems to have happened ~3 mins before we reached the scene.
  3. The highway police and the regional police had reached the spot at the very moment, and all the passengers were taken out. I remember seeing an ambulance. Further, no major casualities, I guess
  4. We couldn't stop the car to offer any help, as we're on a strict schedule as mentioned in the opening of the post.
Old 29th October 2011, 21:04   #9656
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this i20 on last Sunday. Also note condition of the road.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0613.jpg
Old 29th October 2011, 21:14   #9657
BHPian

that swift was doing 120 despite seeing the bikers driving on the wrong side?

its a recipe for disasters.
Old 29th October 2011, 22:28   #9658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb
that swift was doing 120 despite seeing the bikers driving on the wrong side?

its a recipe for disasters.
He was NOT driving at 120 in that stretch. Well, he drive at speeds excess of 120 inky after hitting the four lane highway separated by the medians/dividers.

I'm really sorry for causing confusion.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 00:19   #9659
BHPian

Quote:

Definitely the chassis is broken. Look at the steering popped out of place. This is because the steering column goes to the steering box attached on the front portion of the chassis. The bolero doesn't have a collapsible dteering column!!
Old 30th October 2011, 09:23   #9660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
On the way, we spotted a Maruti Swift which must have been driven at speeds, north of 120km/hr :
I guess must have taken the first snap with the intention of posting it on the Bad Drivers thread. Unfortunately you had to post it on the Accidents thread.

Most Viewed