Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 18:50   #9841
BANNED

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

My Mom and Dad escaped a accident by hairline .
They were going from C to B and had a green light for them .Dad saw a white car just before entering the traffic signal coming from A and just stood on brakes .Mom asks why did you stop i am getting late . A loud crash dad replies that is why . Both escaped by hairline. The guy driving the polo was so drunk he didnot even brake , was not able to even stand.There was a two wheeler , rickshaw walla and auto who were able to stop in time . The police was called but didnot arrive . The Polo guy was bleeding badly .the auto guy refused to take him . So Dad took him to doctor saying you are son of someone that is why i am taking you .Photos have been clicked from B direction going to C .

Such people should be hanged since he could have easily taken away 7-8 people to death .Touchwood.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-03122011596.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-03122011597.jpg  

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 4th December 2011 at 18:53.
Old 5th December 2011, 19:08   #9842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
You definitely did the right thing by stopping at a red light ,but one should always check the RVM first .Most idiots dont stop at red lights in the mornings or late nights ,so if you happen to see a vehicle close to you ,you can either warn the driver by pumping your brake pedal .
I always check the RVM in such situations and I do slow down ,but have myself not stopped on a couple of ocassions when I sensed the driver behind me is too fast to stop .

If I stop with other vehicles at a distance ,I sometimes switch on the hazard lights to let these idiots know that I have stopped .I might win the case if someone bangs into me ,but why take chances .
Well, in my case, the bolero guy had alsmost 200 mts to stop. I noticed the signal turning red and stopped. Even if i wanted to jump, there were people crossing the signal to buy milk, so that made me stop forcibly.
Old 5th December 2011, 23:00   #9843
BHPian

My P220 after a drunken bulleteer hit it at around 70 kmph my brother was riding it.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p220-acc1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p220-acc2.jpg  

Old 5th December 2011, 23:29   #9844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
This truck rammed a pile of rubble which came out of the road work. It happened a few days ago near Dange chowk, Pune.
He must have banged something real hard with his front left before being tossed to the rubble on the right, notice the front left wheel how badly damaged it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
My Mom and Dad escaped a accident by hairline .
They were going from C to B and had a green light for them .Dad saw a white car just before entering the traffic signal coming from A and just stood on brakes .Mom asks why did you stop i am getting late . A loud crash dad replies that is why . Both escaped by hairline. The guy driving the polo was so drunk he didnot even brake , was not able to even stand.There was a two wheeler , rickshaw walla and auto who were able to stop in time . The police was called but didnot arrive . The Polo guy was bleeding badly .the auto guy refused to take him . So Dad took him to doctor saying you are son of someone that is why i am taking you .Photos have been clicked from B direction going to C .

Such people should be hanged since he could have easily taken away 7-8 people to death .Touchwood.
Guess he was going straight to make a new road D. And this is in the morning ?? Drunk as a skunk in the morning ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 5th December 2011 at 23:30.
Old 6th December 2011, 01:10   #9845
BHPian

Found this touching video.

(Sharing, although these are not "accidents in India", and most are dramatized, the video adds substantially to the original message of the thread - "Drive Responsibly").

Last edited by SilkDrive : 6th December 2011 at 01:12.
SilkDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 20:35   #9846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
My P220 after a drunken bulleteer hit it at around 70 kmph my brother was riding it.
Jasmeet, sorry to hear about the same. hope your brother is safe.

What happened after the accident. Did you manage to catch the bulleteer or file an FIR.
Old 6th December 2011, 20:42   #9847
BHPian

Seven Ayyappa devotees were killed and two others were injured in an accident on the Salem-Bangalore National Highway on Sunday night.

According to police, the accident occurred when a van in which the devotees from a village near Guntur in Andhra Pradesh were travelling collided with an omni-bus on Thoppur-Mecheri Pirivu Road. They were proceeding to Sabarimala from Sathanur near Guntur. The omni-bus was proceeding to Chennai from Coimbatore via Dharmapuri.

The dead were indentified as B. Ethera Srinivasa Rao (46), C. Mora Raghu (43), S. Kollipura Srinivasa Rao (43), R. Bandarapalli Rathnakar (55), P. Parni Rajesh (58), B. Patti Venkala Raghunatha Babu (56) and B. Maralla Rama Kotteeswara Rao (48).

Police sources said that the accident occurred when the van driver took a turn without noticing the speeding bus.
Attached Images

Old 6th December 2011, 21:30   #9848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Seven Ayyappa devotees were killed and two others were injured in an accident on the Salem-Bangalore National Highway on Sunday night.
Real Sad. Looks like the vehicle has been T-boned by the omni bus.
Old 6th December 2011, 21:30   #9849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Police sources said that the accident occurred when the van driver took a turn without noticing the speeding bus.
From the damage, it appears that IF seatebelts had been worn, at least lives would been saved. At least the person would have survived with major injuries. The Driver seat area seems to have only about 50-60% damage from the pictures.

Anyway it is really a foolish move to overtake on a blind curve.
Old 6th December 2011, 21:56   #9850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The van driver probably took a left turn without looking to see if there was traffic coming from the right. I see this a lot - drivers simply do not care to look right when turning left, and react only when a vehicle from the right is almost on top of them!
Old 6th December 2011, 22:49   #9851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Jasmeet, sorry to hear about the same. hope your brother is safe.

What happened after the accident. Did you manage to catch the bulleteer or file an FIR.
Actually the bullet was not being driven by the owner my brother had just some scratches so he recovered and caught him but suddenly on one phone call the owner of bullet came with more than 50 people then my uncle(politician) my other brother, me and my friends reached that place to see more than 200 people 10 policeman trying to shoo them off and to find that the drunkard was from regional political party, my uncle said take them to the police station half of them were on their knees for a sorry. But someone took the keys of my pulsar with him so had to leave the bike at a friend's house nearby. The set back is around Rs12000. WTH.

Last edited by bblost : 6th December 2011 at 22:53. Reason: Foul Language Removed from the post. Please refer forum rules. Thanks.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:01   #9852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
Actually the bullet was not being driven by the owner my brother had just some scratches so he recovered and caught him but suddenly on one phone call the owner of bullet came with more than 50 people then my uncle(politician) my other brother, me and my friends reached that place to see more than 200 people 10 policeman trying to shoo them off and to find that the drunkard was from regional political party, my uncle said take them to the police station half of them were on their knees for a sorry. But someone took the keys of my pulsar with him so had to leave the bike at a friend's house nearby. The set back is around Rs12000. WTH.
Thats good on your part and happy that you have an uncle who is politically connected. It really helps. For no fault of your brother, the drunkard calls 50+ men. What an act of rowdyism.

I just feel like mercelessly shooting down these goons with an AK 47. Even when the fault is on them, they do not want to accept it.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 02:43   #9853
BHPian

Our accident on Jaipur Delhi Highway a couple of years ago when a boulder fell from an overloaded truck in front.

Last edited by gaurav_diavolo : 7th December 2011 at 02:44.
Old 7th December 2011, 13:45   #9854
Senior - BHPian

Tipper struck in well !
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg  

foby.sebastian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 13:54   #9855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Tipper struck in well !
That truck should be coming from the US, we call that swaranga margam!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed