Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2012, 18:41   #10261
Senior - BHPian

Re: From Nece road - Blore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Can't help but say this, looks like the driver took this immediately after the adventure. Any particular reason for posting this upside down? Or was it, like most other posts in this thread, an accident? Funny, whatsoever!
That was a accident from my side
Post edited!
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 19:30   #10262
Senior - BHPian

Re: From Nece road - Blore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Its almost like some body have lifted and parked it upside down.
Even windscreen has not broken in this 25T!
So Strange..
Saw a similar scene recently. Same double axle Leyland with a high load lying turtle in a deeper pit on the side of the road with no damage to the body at all. Figured that the high load cushioned the impact and saved the cabin from damage and most probably would have toppled when the truck was parked after the earth gave away on the edge of the pit.
I cant figure how it toppled in this picture though since the edge of the road is quite flat

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th January 2012 at 01:09. Reason: Quotes fixed
Old 25th January 2012, 19:32   #10263
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

The horrific incident pictures here:
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pune-bus1.jpg
A Ford Figo and a Maruti Ritz
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-punebus4.jpg
A Hyundai i 10
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-punebus2.jpg
A new Bajaj autorickshaw
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-punebus3.jpg
A frail Maruti 800 - seems to have suffered lesser damage!
Quote:
A rogue bus driver went berserk on the crowded streets of the city on Wednesday morning, smashing all vehicles coming in its way and leaving nine persons dead and 27 others injured.
It was a nightmare in the Swargate area in the heart of the city, as the bus driven by a Maharashtra State Corporation bus driver came from wrong side of the busy Pune-Solapur Road and went past smashing all types of vehicles in the way and injuring pedestrians, who ran for their lives.
The driver 30-year-old Santosh Mane was arrested after an hour-long chase near Neelayam theatre in the city. Though initial reports said the bus driver was mentally disturbed, police said it was too early to comment.
Satpal Singh, ADG (Law and Order), said, "Nine persons are dead and 27 have been injured in the accident". "He was hitting everything that was coming in his way," he said.
The Swargate bus terminus officials said they were investigating the incident involving the bus, which was scheduled to leave for Satara.
Pune Mayor Mohansingh Rajpal, who visited the spot, asked angry citizens to maintain peace.
Pune Police Commissioner Meeran Borwankar said Mane was a licensed bus driver on duty and took charge of the Satara-bound transport bus as scheduled "After he embarked on the bus, he just went berserk. He went on ramming vehicles, hit pedestrians. He was in such a dangerous mood," she said.
Meeran said the driver started operating the vehicle belonging to the Satara depot at 8.15 am, around the time when there is a peak movement of school buses in the morning. He was not under suspension and finished his regular duties at 7.30 pm on Tuesday.
Eyewitnesses said several people escaped being hit by the bus driven by Mane. Borwankar ruled out a terror angle in the incident and said the driver was being interrogated to understand his mental state that led to the bizarre act.
After visiting the spot, Pune mayor Mohansingh Rajpal also went to various hospitals. He said the concerned driver appeared to be "a mentally-disturbed" person.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar has appealed to the people to maintain calm in the face of the event that sent shock waves in the city. He also said that the incident was being investigated.
Eyewitnesses said that after the driver was caught by the police, which fired ten rounds to stop the speeding bus, he appeared to be "out of his mind".

Source - Rediffnews
It is ironical that such an incident should happen at all.Its much like the gunman who went berserk in a Scandinavian country in 2010 killing about 30 people before he was overpowered.
In such cases anyone who comes on the way is a victim. The innocent victims are just the ones who happen to be there. Anyone can be a victim for no fault of his or hers!
I as many of my fellow members express my shock and sadness. My heartfelt sympathies with all the members of the bereaved families and friends and with all those injured.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th January 2012 at 01:11. Reason: fixed quotes
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 22:19   #10264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Having driven that road umpteen times, i was always wary of the Trichur-Palakkad buses, who fling a coin at the ayyappa temple, before taking off like a MIG than a Tata or leyland bus. They are the most reckless creatures I have ever seen on the road. My mom used to travel to work from Palakkad to trichur daily in one of these buses long back, and for that 70 kms stretch, they have clocked even 1.10 hrs. If you have been on the road then, ie, 15 years back, you would know, what that would have meant.
Yes, i can vouch for it as i've been a passenger many times. The 1.10 is absolutely right with all the stops.

-- Torqy
Old 25th January 2012, 22:33   #10265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Having driven that road umpteen times, i was always wary of the Trichur-Palakkad buses, who fling a coin at the ayyappa temple, before taking off like a MIG than a Tata or leyland bus.
The moment they appear in the (O)RVM, i always pull to the left to let them pass. Otherwise they honk like crazy till you accelerate to their levels or you let them go.

Same is the way when they come head-on while doing a dangerous overtake. Its more like, "come, lets see who dies first"
Old 25th January 2012, 23:37   #10266
BHPian

Vaguely reminds me of similar incident in Trichy some period in 80s. A private bus driven by an ex-army guy protested Bishop Heber students pasting posters on his bus, and he went on to maul several of them. Pretty sad. My prayers for the departed souls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
This is the craziest thing I have heard in India, why on earth would anyone go on a killing spree in public for whatever god forsaken reason. Just look at the massacre he has created. The Pune commisioner has said he will be charged with murder, hope he does not lawyer up & get released on an insanity plea !!! This is utter crap...

Pune bus driver hits 40 vehicles, 9 dead

This is the young lad who pulled him out of the bus, thankfully he has not been harmed in anyway. The driver wanted to kill himself is what the guy says, when he pulled him out.

The student who stopped Pune's berserk bus driver

RIP to all the victims and god speed to all those who were injured.

Last edited by sgmitr13 : 25th January 2012 at 23:38.
Old 26th January 2012, 09:41   #10267
BHPian

Moodbidri: Accident at Beluvai - Three Killed on Spot, Lucky Escape for Children

Three persons including a woman were killed on the spot in an accident that occured at Kantavara cross, Beluvai here on Wednesday Janury 25 at around 8.30 pm.

Old 26th January 2012, 11:03   #10268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A Hyundai i 10
It's a Ford Figo. The same one from a different angle i suppose.
Old 26th January 2012, 17:15   #10269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
It's a Ford Figo. The same one from a different angle i suppose.
True DRIV3R the red one should be a Figo not an i10. The other one (silver coloured) in the first picture is also not a Maruti Ritz but a Estilo.
Old 29th January 2012, 22:06   #10270
BHPian

This Maruti van was parked on the main road close to Calcutta Metro Railway's Rabindra Sadan station, after being dumped there by a tow-away police vehicle, which is partially visible in the rear.
I think it must have hit a lamp post.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0059.jpg  

rahul4640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 00:55   #10271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
I think it must have hit a lamp post.

The van's front is looking as if someone kicked in the family jewels. With those headlights and all the expression is indeed priceless. Do post this on the official jokes thread too.
khoj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 03:17   #10272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

The van's front is looking as if someone kicked in the family jewels. With those headlights and all the expression is indeed priceless. Do post this on the official jokes thread too.
It's very unfortunate that we make fun of Accident Pictures without knowing the background. Maybe a couple lost their lives, maybe a father and daughter, someone could be at the hospital battling for life.....or it could be one of your friends.....and we make fun of the accident.
What do we know from the picture? What if it happened in the night when he was blinded by a MORON on high-beams with HID headlamps......for which he took advice from this very forum?

Accidents are jokes until you meet them.

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 08:32   #10273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
It's very unfortunate that we make fun of Accident Pictures without knowing the background. Maybe a couple lost their lives, maybe a father and daughter, someone could be at the hospital battling for life.....or it could be one of your friends.....and we make fun of the accident.
What do we know from the picture? What if it happened in the night when he was blinded by a MORON on high-beams with HID headlamps......for which he took advice from this very forum?

Accidents are jokes until you meet them.

-- Torqy
We do not make fun of any incident. Members here analyse as to how best it could have been avoided and all of us learn from mistakes. Members are here to support not laugh or make fun.
Old 30th January 2012, 10:41   #10274
Senior - BHPian

Today morning at around 8.00am, a black VW Vento TDI caught fire in front of Hotel Rupali on FC road. In 10 minutes, the entire car was gutted and only the shell remained with the rear tail lamps and number plate intact.

It looked recently registered, number was MH 14 CK xxxx. A Ford fusion parked in front of it was partially damaged. Rear bumper, right corner had melted away and the rear right tyre of the Fusion was deflated.

No pics, because there was a horde of policemen and firebrigade personnel around the car. The driver made out just in time, it seems. He was giving the statement to the police personnel.
Old 30th January 2012, 11:02   #10275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
We do not make fun of any incident. Members here analyse as to how best it could have been avoided and all of us learn from mistakes. Members are here to support not laugh or make fun.
I was referring to the the post i've quoted. I don't see any analysis in that.

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks