Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:24   #10741
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Now I am feeling guilty. Was I to blame for this accident somewhere?
Don't even bother! The other guy should have been sensible NOT to get into an accident. Just think he paid for his ego. But in future, please avoid such morons! They have no respect for their life & others' on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
...but his fiancee was thrown around in the car. No serious injuries.
Happy that no major injuries. His fiancee will make sure to wear seat belt next time onwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
You didnt ask anyone to try to stop him?
You gave him a chance to kill someone else again some other time.
If this guy had a company, then it would have made some sense. I don't think any victim will be in a state to screw the other one especially when their bones are broken!
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 00:43   #10742
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I wanted to share something that happend a few days ago. It it two separate but linked incidents. It indirectly involves me as well.
I know this is not a confessions thread and I dont want it to be that way. But just wanted to get my fellow road users take on my stupidity.
Hi, I would advice you to request the mods to delete this post. do you realize that if some crazy friend or relative of the dead guy reads this post and even though the car that crashed may not have been the one you raced with may blame you for the accident and come after you.
Old 24th March 2012, 02:30   #10743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I wanted to share something that happend a few days ago. It it two separate but linked incidents. It indirectly involves me as well.
Don't stress. As long as you did not collide into him or did not cut him cause of which he crashed it is not your fault. Please try and keep your cool while driving and avoid people cutting you. Just let them go. Cause in the clash of egos it could have even been you who could have had an accident which would endanger your and others' life as well.

Drive safe!! Keep your cool while driving!!
Old 24th March 2012, 14:41   #10744
BHPian

Here are some photos I clicked today when I had gone to take delivery of my Figo. I dont have any idea how these accidents occured.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img235.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img234.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img247.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img248.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img249.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img250.jpg  

Old 24th March 2012, 16:04   #10745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hi, I would advice you to request the mods to delete this post. do you realize that if some crazy friend or relative of the dead guy reads this post and even though the car that crashed may not have been the one you raced with may blame you for the accident and come after you.
The accident didnt happen that day. It happened atleast 3 days after he 'Raced' me.

Thanks for all the responses. I have decided to keep my cool henceforth and let such morons pass.
Old 24th March 2012, 23:18   #10746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post

I know that most people would disagree with me but I don't show any pity to those killed in overspeeding even if it was a passenger instead of the driver. Think about it. If you had let him be go away with his ego, he would have killed someone else with his overspeeding and ego. Let the overspeeding guy or someone related to him die rather than an innocent homeless person who was sleeping on footpath. Serves him/his passenger right! Even the passenger is to be blamed if the driver overspeeds in his/her presence.
Even though extreme thinking I totally agree and subscribe to this view. I would like to add the adjectives rash/careless/foolish drivers to the above. Some guys drive slow, but their moves often put others in danger. Then there are fools who jump signals or do not care to slow at intersections. The sooner these guys are gone the better. Coz this one guy is constantly putting many others in danger.
Old 26th March 2012, 21:35   #10747
BHPian

Saw this accident on Domlur Flyover in Bangalore towards Kormanagla. It was a 3 car pile-up with Renault Fluence in front, followed by Indica Taxi and then a leaking i20. No pics as I was on bike. There were lot of people standing and traffic has slowed from Koramangala to IndiraNagar as everyone wanted to have a look at the pile up.
Old 27th March 2012, 09:47   #10748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Saw this accident on Domlur Flyover in Bangalore towards Kormanagla. It was a 3 car pile-up with Renault Fluence in front, followed by Indica Taxi and then a leaking i20. No pics as I was on bike. There were lot of people standing and traffic has slowed from Koramangala to IndiraNagar as everyone wanted to have a look at the pile up.
The intermediate ring road stretch from EGL till Domlur fly-over is real tricky one to negotiate especially during late evening hours. I see minor accidents almost every time I cross that stretch during these hours on weekdays. It's mostly due to some courteous driver giving way for pedestrians or some pedestrian waiting to cross the road getting impatient and jumping across, resulting in halting the vehicle at the front. Those who follow pretty close and at decent speeds due to the relatively wide and traffic free stretch almost inevitably rear-end the vehicle in front.
Old 27th March 2012, 14:06   #10749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
It's mostly due to some courteous driver giving way for pedestrians or some pedestrian waiting to cross the road getting impatient and jumping across, resulting in halting the vehicle at the front. Those who follow pretty close and at decent speeds due to the relatively wide and traffic free stretch almost inevitably rear-end the vehicle in front.

Let me, as they say, rewrite that for you...

It's mostly due those who follow pretty close at too high a speed

I really do believe that, unless we recognise the real causes of accidents, and learn from it, that this thread is nothing but a gallery of gore.

Please excuse if that's what you meant anyway and I'm just being pedantic about the wording.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 27th March 2012 at 14:08.
Old 27th March 2012, 14:26   #10750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Let me, as they say, rewrite that for you...

It's mostly due those who follow pretty close at too high a speed

I really do believe that, unless we recognise the real causes of accidents, and learn from it, that this thread is nothing but a gallery of gore.

Please excuse if that's what you meant anyway and I'm just being pedantic about the wording.

Thanks for the re-write . Just to clarify my stand, I was no way supporting those who trail others too close. Again it's a real pain crossing the road and there are a lot of people who have do it as there are quite a few companies which operate on one side of the road. You have to extremely careful and agile and to some extent traffic savvy to be able to get across. Now they have security guards from companies who assist people to cross the road. I pity them because it can easily qualify for one of the dangerous jobs ! It gets real scary when you are the first one to stop because the vehicles coming behind may not see them or the stop signs they hold. It takes a minimum of 3 to 4 mins to get a clear albeit small window to cross and so sometimes people lose patience and try to get through like those in Bond movies.
sbkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 18:56   #10751
Senior - BHPian

Charu Khandal, National Award winning animator, battles for life

Hello Friends,

Remember RA.ONE movie? Though the movie did not do well at Box Office, the Graphic it presented were first of its kind in India.

The Graphic Designer (Animator) of the movie Charu Khandal, 28, is currently battling for her life at Mumbai Hospital. She & her sister were returning back home for a Dinner party on Sunday & a Honda city crashed into their Auto Rickshaw. The City driver was Drunk & has been booked for Rash & Drunk Driving.

She is currently critical & her father is quoted saying "Not sure whether she will survive"

She was supposed to get engaged within next 10 / 15 days & this unfortunate event occured.

The details article is available below:
National Award winning animator, Charu Khandal, battles for life
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entert...e1-831316.aspx

Let us all pray for her well being & wish her a speedy recovery.

Also let us once again spread message of safe driving.

P.S. the Honda City driver is now out on bail on surety of Rs. 10,000

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 27th March 2012 at 19:02. Reason: Information added
Old 27th March 2012, 20:32   #10752
Senior - BHPian

Re: Charu Khandal, National Award winning animator, battles for life

Though don't want to be sound Pessimist or Skeptical, I want to understand the purpose of this thread.
We have Accidents in India thread specifically for that.
I agree that a more than Aam Aadmi has been involved in this case but the real problem lies with the LAW and ORDER situation in our country.
Recently a Lady in Bangalore mowed down few Labourers under her SUV (IIRC it was Fortuner) and still on run. I think that was also discussed under Accidents in India thread.
Why I am writing these harsh words is due to the fact that, we Armchair critics do nothing else than discussing these serious matters and forget them as soon as we log out.
Secondly, few T-BHPians suggested that this is just an open forum and should not indulge in signature campaigns, etc. so as to convey a strong message to the Govt. (eg. Surface Transport Ministry, PMO). So nothing will change before and after starting this thread.
Most Importantly, we should understand the fact that even if Police want to take stern action, they can't cross the law and the law allows the person to walk free, so we can't do anything other than watch the Honda driver walk free within a matter of few hours.
I come across on daily basis the News of road accidents in Goa where one of the party affected either dies or gets injured very seriously but the News always ends with the following line, "The driver was arrested and immediately released on bail". Believe me it feels like a tight slap to all of us from lawmakers.
I am again saying that there is No Fear of law in the Aam Aadmi as far as Transport related laws are concerned, and the worst part is that these same people start behaving as most cultured if they go abroad.
I apologise if I unintentionally offended someone.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 10:28   #10753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to understand the purpose of this thread.
To some of us the thread atleast reminds us to keep our composure in check and not make any foolish mistakes as some of the incidents depict.

Some have changed to stick to city speed inside City and many including me have avoided driving in nights.

The thread may depict accidents as it happens but gives everyone a chance to reflect what kind of driver they are and gives them one option to change the style and avoid any loss.

To me the thread is a great spot to learn and avoid some stupidity we do everytime we drive or ride.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 10:46   #10754
Senior - BHPian

Re: Charu Khandal, National Award winning animator, battles for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
we Armchair critics do nothing else than discussing these serious matters and forget them as soon as we log out.
Kindly lead the way and we shall follow and no we do not forget. This thread is here to remind us on a daily basis of things that can go wrong on the road and how best to try and stay out of such situations.
vikram_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 10:56   #10755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
To some of us the thread atleast reminds us to keep our composure in check and not make any foolish mistakes as some of the incidents depict.

Some have changed to stick to city speed inside City and many including me have avoided driving in nights.

The thread may depict accidents as it happens but gives everyone a chance to reflect what kind of driver they are and gives them one option to change the style and avoid any loss.

To me the thread is a great spot to learn and avoid some stupidity we do everytime we drive or ride.
I don't think you read the very next line after the one you quoted. Let me write it again for you.
"We have Accidents in India thread specifically for that."
So what does it mean that the previous post was posted as Opening Post for a New Thread and I replied that we don't need a new thread for the same.
I request you (and others) to kindly read the full post before commenting.
I am not here to lead others. We have a very good team of Mods to do that. If they lead I am more than willing to follow.

Most Viewed