Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 08:59   #10951
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
A Sand Lorry smashes into a House in Bangalore. No details yet.
The accident happened near Nagarbhavi, West Bangalore. Unfortunately, a labourer sitting in the cabin of the truck was killed on the spot. No one in the house was injured. According to Deccan herald, as the lorry approached a slope, it gained speed. While negotiating the bend, the driver lost control over the vehicle. Soon the lorry glided and rammed into the wall of the house.
Here is the report in Times of India:
Truck ploughs into house, kills man - The Times of India
and in Deccan herald here:
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...se-worker.html

Last edited by sandsun7 : 28th April 2012 at 09:02.
Old 28th April 2012, 10:05   #10952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I feel that most cars are designed such that they can just pass frontal and side impact tests and earn stars in EuroNCAP. But they fail in real life tests. This accident thread helps me in keeping track of safe and unsafe cars. So far from this thread and from news, I've observed the following (I might be wrong)-

Supremely safe cars (not in any order)-
1. Ford Fiesta Classic
2. Every Skoda car
3. Suzuki Swift & Dzire (old model, new models not in any accident news yet)

Unsafe cars-
1. Honda City (except the oldest model)

I have excluded obvious cars like Tata Nano and Volvo's from the above two lists. The purpose is to bring notice to certain cars which might not be as safe as their crash test stickers tell and to list under-rated cars.

raj_5004, thanks to you, now I know that I should add Innova to list of unsafe cars. It would be of great help if you could help us further by giving a list of safe and unsafe cars based on your observations
Unsafe cars-
1.Un buckled souls in a Supremely safe cars .

Each accident is unique, and we can't simply gauge the crash worthiness of a car by just seeing the aftermath pictures and comparing it with other accidents.

I am not saying what you concluded is wrong, as I don't have any evidence to prove you otherwise.

Last edited by ecenandu : 28th April 2012 at 10:06.
Old 28th April 2012, 10:47   #10953
BHPian

Just jumped into these pics on an FB page:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-merccrash1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-merccrash2.jpg

I was like

Best,
R-Six
Old 28th April 2012, 11:52   #10954
BHPian

The more the safety features a car has the more stupid the driver becomes. These safety features tend to push drivers to take more risks while driving, which eventually ends up in another innocent victim paying the price.

Of course you are better off in a safer car if a stupid guy crashes into you.

-- Torqy
Old 28th April 2012, 20:21   #10955
BHPian

The most number of car accidents that I have seen other than Innovas are the Swifts, Ritzs and the Indicas. It might have to do with the powerful engines, unsuitable brakes and unsafe driving.
Old 28th April 2012, 23:08   #10956
Team-BHP Support

Anyone heard about an Audi Q7 belonging to reknown historian Ramachandran Guha which crashed on the way between Ooty and mettupalayam. Apparently the brakes failed and they tried slowing the car against the barriers but car went off road and landed on some trees!
Old 29th April 2012, 10:01   #10957
BANNED

This happenend yesterday night. Karve road Pune. Nex t to hotel Mirch Masala

Honda city rammed into wrongly parked? company bus on road side late night.

No clue what happened to driver but Air bag was deployed and driver being fortunate when i tried opening driver door in morning , it opened as if nothing has happened. Driver must be very lucky otherwise stuck driver door at night whould have turned the table.

Worst part : i didnt see any brake marks on road meaing honda city just rammed into bus as driver could not see it till last moment.

Atleast 30% of bus was beyond yellow parking line on road. This portion is actually a no parking zone however during recent road work "No Parking" vanished.

It seems drover paid cost for the same as many company buses started parking on this road at night for their morning pickup.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5147.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5136.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5137.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5138.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5139.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5140.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5141.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5143.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5145.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5144.jpg  

Last edited by idea : 29th April 2012 at 10:04.
idea is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 10:20   #10958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
This happenend yesterday night. Karve road Pune. Nex t to hotel Mirch Masala
OMG!! Thats a bad shunt , idea. But we cant really blame the narrow carriagewidth of that road, since I find it sufficiently wide for city traffic.
Maybe the driver was speeding after down the curve too. Usually that area is pretty well lit and the bus is white in colour too. The front passenger may not be so lucky, even with airbags.

EDIT : The colour scheme makes it look pretty similar to what TML or BAL buses use.

Last edited by sajo : 29th April 2012 at 10:41.
Old 29th April 2012, 10:33   #10959
Senior - BHPian

I see a big red warning triangle on the bus just above where the car struck - so I guess the car driver could've avoided the accident if he was a bit more alert. It's possible that the car driver dozed off or was trying to overtake someone on the left or was involved in a race when this happened.
Old 29th April 2012, 11:19   #10960
BHPian

OMG! Thats really a bad accident. Yes it seems the driver of the Honda City was not so alert. Hope there is no casualty and pray there was no front passenger in City. (Its the face lifted new Honda City :-( may be just 1-2 months old on road).

Over speeding inside city limits is not always safe.
Old 29th April 2012, 11:47   #10961
BHPian

Looking at the impact, it looks like the honda city driver was in pretty good speed! Lucky driver if he got out without much damage. Even if it was parked in a no parking zone, the reflectors and the light color of the bus would have served its purpose of letting others know about its presence. And its a bus and not a bike or someone sleeping on the floor that the driver could miss. A very good example of motion induced blindness I suppose!

Drive Safe everyone!

R-Six
Old 29th April 2012, 11:54   #10962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I see a big red warning triangle on the bus just above where the car struck - so I guess the car driver could've avoided the accident if he was a bit more alert. It's possible that the car driver dozed off or was trying to overtake someone on the left or was involved in a race when this happened.
+1

the driver is very lucky to be alive and thank God there was no passenger in the front! look at the roof, like it's been ripped open with a can opener!!
Old 29th April 2012, 12:00   #10963
Senior - BHPian

Really horrible.. Could see a lot of bloodstains on the seat, airbags and the roof. How is the driver now? If the doors would have got stuck, it would have been really catastrophic!!
Old 29th April 2012, 12:11   #10964
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
OMG!! since I find it sufficiently wide for city traffic.
Maybe the driver was speeding after down the curve too. Usually that area is pretty well lit and the bus is white in colour too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I see a big red warning triangle on the bus just above where the car struck -.
Just because there is red triangle or being white in colour, doesnt justify bus being parked there. I drive on this road everyday (i stay within 10 meters.). Most of heavy vehicles/cars are parked on this road in such a way that it is most of time dificult for me to see on comming traffic (and vice versa) while comming out of my house and entering into main stream. These parking create blind spots. worst part is most of these reckless parking goes beyond yellow mark in 90% cases.

During my everyday casual walk on this road, i always used to think that this reckless parking will certainly make somebody pay sonner or later. And i saw it this morning. It seems that honda driver was not expecting a big vehicle parked there.

After accidents happen, irrespective of whose fault it is, both parties loses something. Sometime these losses are irreversible and takes a permanent toll on your life.

Posibilities could be endless. Only driver knows what was situation and if he really could have avoided it. It could be a case of over speeding on curve or "induced blindless". May be both drivers are at fault.

Lets hope both parties learn from this experience and avoid such wrong doing in future.

Last edited by idea : 29th April 2012 at 12:18.
Old 29th April 2012, 13:32   #10965
BHPian

Just read about a Black Q7 crashing into two autos in Mumbai late night. Have not seen any pictures as yet but you can see the video by Times Now on the TOI website. Apparently, the businessman (owner of Q7) was drunk. 4 people are injured.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks