Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 10:15   #10981
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Yesterday, witnessed an accident almost live, on the Sarjapur-Attibele road. It was raining cats and dogs at that part of Bangalore and the driver of a TN registered white Scorpio was testing the abilities where visibility was not the best. He overtook my car and zoomed past a BMTC bus and a few seconds later, as I reached the top of an incline, I see cars from both sides stopped and people rushing off the road. I see the Scorpio, which zoomed past me, a few seconds ago, off the road, with it's roof bent in the form of a parallelogram, towards the left side. Seems like the guy couldn't judge a turn, tried to brake hard, hit the tree on the side and went off the road.
Echoes my signature; it's not worth speeding in inclement weather, where the unknowns increase.
Old 30th April 2012, 11:08   #10982
Senior - BHPian

@damanshaheed for helping the injured and the police to track down the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanshaheed View Post
. my instant reaction was to turn around and follow him, luckily i was on my cbr 250 (with my bull i would have rather helped the poor guy) caught up and noted down his reg plate and the make (silver i20).
Good thing that you didn't try to corner him. You never no, what these morons are up to. Have witnessed the following incident.

Quote:
Today morning on my way to office, I spotted a blue Dzire in my rear view mirror. When I was trying to slow down near junction, I could see him approaching me pretty fast in my RVM, seeing him coming I moved my car to the left lane. After overtaking me, he was doing all kind of stunts to get past the car in front of him.

Seeing all this, I had a gut feeling that something bad is going to happen. While doing the above stunt he nearly crashed in to a biker.The biker started banging the boot of the Dzire with his hand and was shouting at him. What the Dzire guy did next was extremely shocking, he suddenly moved his car towards the biker in order to take him down. He did this thrice, and on the third time the car hit the bike on the crash guard, the biker came crashing down to the ground, the bike also took down an innocent cyclist who was on the extreme left lane.

I thought the Dzire guy will just fled the scene, but he stopped. The biker guy came running towards the car and they started throwing blows at each other. I don't know what happened next, but after some time the same car overtook me with the hazard lights turned on.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures since I was driving.

Last edited by ecenandu : 30th April 2012 at 11:09.
Old 30th April 2012, 11:30   #10983
BHPian

Good thing that you didn't try to corner him. You never no, what these morons are up to. Have witnessed the following incident.[/quote]

My intention was never to corner the guy...but I just hope the police have done their bit in tracking him down
Old 30th April 2012, 11:49   #10984
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I know of safe drivers who have simply lost out to the broken down trucks parked on the right most lane without any visible road markers. Add the blinding lights from the opposite lane, its not as easy you guys are trying to make it look!
Driving on Indian roads is never easy. Even with your eyes peeled, something or the other may catch you off-guard. Even the safest of drivers find themselves in situations that they should have avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
...a safe driver needs to be careful and keep an eye for everything but there are lot of things that are beyond his control that will not make it end nicely when a vehicle is parked without proper warning signs in his path. Its as bad as something that fell from the sky into his path
What I am trying to say, is driving safely and defensively would reduce the chances of meeting with an accident. Even if one drives safely, there are other idiots who don't.

Note From team-BHP Support-Team: Now, let's end this discussion on safe driving and reserve it for another thread. Please stick to the topic at hand. This thread is meant for pictures of accidents.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st May 2012 at 14:44.
Old 1st May 2012, 01:07   #10985
BHPian

On my way back from office tonight, I almost ended up saying good bye to the forum!.

I was on Nagar road, just crossed the inorbit junction, doing a fair clip (45-55) when I overtook an Ace/Maxximo. I wanted to move in between this vehicle and a truck which was ahead of it. Just then I realised I couldn't and slowed down allowing it to pass.

Later I moved parallel to the truck to confirm what I saw first. The Truck had oversized pipes/channels sticking out the back. One end (the part that extended out the back) was placed on the top of the Maximo's roof! In total it must be around 15-20 channels and this is how they were carrying it. Ingenious but Dangerous! Sorry couldnt click as phone was running low. But it was a true WTH moment.
Old 1st May 2012, 11:17   #10986
BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sumo-toppled.jpg

Gosh! Nobody was hurt! The guy in Green Tshirt was the sole driver/ traveler on this Sumo which got toppled over when the cars' Drive shaft gave way at high speed!!! Lucky this guy! ( the car was brand new with hardly worn out tyre) !!! Shot 14-1-2011, Madurai- Dindigul Four-way. I spoke with driver and he said he was just returning the sumo after accident repair from the showroom and toppling trying to hard break when a two wheeler crossed on the four way...
An accident after a recovery... so sad...
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 11:29   #10987
BHPian

I saw a 4-car pile-up on Old Mumbai Pune Highway opposite College of Military Engineering gate, Dapodi, Pune at 11.30AM yesterday.

(From the beginning) A Ritz <- A Wagon R <- A Tavera <- An Indica were involved. Looked non lethal and there was a big traffic hold-up due to this, not wanting to add to the chaos, I didn't bother clicking pictures and left.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 15:56   #10988
Distinguished - BHPian

Believe It Or Not

this Omni was smashed in a head on collision.

Believe it or not,the driver and co-driver are out of danger.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-van.jpg  

vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:26   #10989
BHPian

Yesterday, I was driving to Hassan when I saw a maroon i20 smashed into the back of a truck near Nelamangala, which was coming towards Bangalore. The left-front side of the i20 was completely smashed, saw the airbags deployed, but with blood on it. Couldn't take any pictures, because it happened just a few minutes before and I thought it's inappropriate. Hope that the occupants are safe. Anybody has any more info on this?
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:42   #10990
Distinguished - BHPian

This milk van collided with a Tavera (Not in pic.) yesterday. Dont know whether the impact caused the milk van to be in such a state, if so very badly maintained milk van.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img01352201205021210.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2012, 14:38   #10991
Senior - BHPian

Head on collision between two Sumos early this morning. Location was opposite the Oasis Mall near the Koramangala Sony World junction. One cab was apparently coming down the wrong way to save maybe half a km in driving distance. Didn't look like anyone was badly injured, though a lot of other cabbies had stopped for assistance.
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:42   #10992
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Remember (RA.ONE movie animator) Charu Khandal's Accicent couple of weeks back in Mumbai? The post (& link) about the same is availalbe on page no. 720 (post #10787) of this thread.

Well the good news that she is now recovering, whistling & smiling from her hospital ICU Bed. Her entire body is still paralysed.

Her latest photo pfrom hospital bed & the details here: Doc can I have some greenery around here - Mumbai Mirror

Thanks,

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd May 2012 at 11:40. Reason: please repost the link to the mumbai mirror article, error-404 not found.
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:50   #10993
BHPian

Today's headlines in TOI! Notice the state of the Innova after hitting a median and then a pole. Also note "SEAT BELT COULD HAVE SAVED A LIFE" written in bold in the detailed article in Page 3! When will people learn? How many innocent lives are to be lost!

Check the Article Window
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:26   #10994
BHPian

^^^

Accident reported is tragic, yes. But times of India is full of wrong conclusions. Like one concludes seat belt could have saved. Kid is just six year old to restrained by seat belt. Child car seat would have helped. Seat belts would have only complicated for a kid. there are 10 people already in Innova, question of seat belts won't arise. Only sensible driving would have saved here.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:40   #10995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Today's headlines in TOI! Notice the state of the Innova after hitting a median and then a pole. Also note "SEAT BELT COULD HAVE SAVED A LIFE" written in bold in the detailed article in Page 3! When will people learn? How many innocent lives are to be lost!

Check the Article Window
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
^^^

Accident reported is tragic, yes. But times of India is full of wrong conclusions. Like one concludes seat belt could have saved. Kid is just six year old to restrained by seat belt. Child car seat would have helped. Seat belts would have only complicated for a kid. there are 10 people already in Innova, question of seat belts won't arise. Only sensible driving would have saved here.
Seatbelts could have saved . We never know . I somehow have other points to add to this

I have seen people drive around with kids on their laps ! Now this is a NO for sure . In the event of sudden stoppage due to an accident or hard braking , it is the kid in the front who will take the impact first . People dont realise this .

I know its a traffic offence in some countries to have kids in the front row .

Even if we ignore thess points , what do you say about passengers being ignorant to the the speeding driver ! I am sure , no one would have said anything when this driver was speeding . I can safely assume he was overspeeding .Otherwise how else would someone lose control of an Innova !
Maybe he even slept off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks