Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 18:46   #11086
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
@samyakmodi : Please o please, do not make such statements.

By saying what you have, you are actually encouraging and endorsing such behaviour.

Extremely unfortunate incident; may the departed souls RIP. But 150+ on that stretch at noon seems slightly impossible.
I am extremely sorry brother for blurting out something as senseless.

everyone please do accept my sincere apologies.
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 18:50   #11087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Oh there was a fire also? I saw it at around 6 AM and it was truly horrible. The car was a hatchback, thats all that i could make out. There were still people gathered around it.
Yes there was, I could see a small flame still on and moreover the vehicles looked a little burnt out, may be it was quickly extinguished.

anyone has any pics ?
Old 11th May 2012, 11:42   #11088
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
AS far as i know,( correct me if i am wrong) A vehicle moving onto a main road from a side road Must give way to traffic moving on the main road. Those vehicles have right of way.
True. However this rule is always coupled with a speed limit for the vehicles plying on the main road. If the vehicles plying on main road are driven at unrestricted speeds, the right of was system at intersections (without traffic signals) can never work as the vehicle trying to cross the road might have checked and found the roads to be clear and while crossing the road finds a fast moving car headed directly towards it.

Im not stating this in reference to the incident being discussed but in reference to the right of way comment. Most other traffic rules also rely on vehicles sticking to prescribed speeds in the zone where the rule applies.

May the departed souls rest in peace.
Old 12th May 2012, 08:40   #11089
BHPian

These are daily shows near my shop on the NH6 in Raipur, people drive rashly and without any safety or concern.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00343.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00339.jpg  

Old 13th May 2012, 08:52   #11090
BHPian

saw a Honda City upside down on RTR Marg opposite Malai Mandir late last night. There was broken windscreen everywhere and police was present too. Also an ambulance had just reached the scene. No details on the occupants though.
Old 13th May 2012, 09:39   #11091
BHPian

Got up in the morning and the first page of Newspaper had this sad news:

Speeding car mows down five women in Mysore - The Times of India

If an alto could do this, imagine the speed or how uncontrolled the car would have been at the time of impact. Seems the driver fled the scene after the incident. May the souls RIP.

Not posting the Hindu link, since that is little graphic.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 13th May 2012 at 09:41. Reason: edit
Old 14th May 2012, 00:30   #11092
BHPian

Really sad incident. RIP the victims of the crash including the unborn. Don't get me wrong, I ain't supporting the BMW driver but its virtually impossible for a car to do 100+ in that stretch. And does anybody think that "Motion Induced Blindness" was a bigger cause of the accident rather than over speeding?
Old 14th May 2012, 03:07   #11093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And does anybody think that "Motion Induced Blindness" was a bigger cause of the accident rather than over speeding?
When driving, look everywhere , then there will be no "motion-induced" blindness (yes, I saw the thread). Please, let it not become another excuse.

Old 14th May 2012, 08:50   #11094
Senior - BHPian

My take, all said and done if the indica had cartwheeled few times the BMW was definitely not travelling within the stipulated speed limit. I am absolutely sure at less than 60KMPH the damage would have been far less severe. I still blame the BMW.

Even the By Pass roads post a speed limit of 80KMPM and city roads have nothing more than 50KMPH.

Stick to the speed limits. loss is minimal.
Old 14th May 2012, 23:43   #11095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
My take, all said and done if the indica had cartwheeled few times the BMW was definitely not travelling within the stipulated speed limit. I am absolutely sure at less than 60KMPH the damage would have been far less severe. I still blame the BMW.

Even the By Pass roads post a speed limit of 80KMPM and city roads have nothing more than 50KMPH.

Stick to the speed limits. loss is minimal.
Bud its easy to say but a sad truth that we need to accept is that almost none of us follow the speed limit. I don't :( And I myself have driven a few times through that accident spot and in no circumstances it is possible to do above 80 kmph. I'd say the Indigo driver should have been a little more vigilant because he had a pregnant woman on board. If the BMW driver is 80% responsible for the accident, I'd say 20% blame should go to the Indigo driver. But since he is no more, I wouldn't like to say a word more against him. May he RIP. I took his name because if he was a 'lil' more attentive, an unborn life wouldn't have been lost. My deepest condolences to the family of the departed.
Old 15th May 2012, 11:52   #11096
Distinguished - BHPian

Head-on collision between a jugaad on the wrong side of the road, and a bus on NH58 near Muradnagar. The jugaad driver survived, but received head injuries that left him with a red shirt. UP Police do not intend to make helmets mandatory for jugaad drivers in the near future.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-jugaad-crash.jpg
Old 15th May 2012, 14:37   #11097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Head-on collision between a jugaad on the wrong side of the road, and a bus on NH58 near Muradnagar. The jugaad driver survived, but received head injuries that left him with a red shirt. UP Police do not intend to make helmets mandatory for jugaad drivers in the near future.

That makes me wonder, are Jugaads legal?
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 17:32   #11098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
That makes me wonder, are Jugaads legal?
To know more about the jugaad, read here.
Old 15th May 2012, 20:06   #11099
BHPian

"Gurgaon hit-and-run: Son of BMW owner surrenders, gets bail within hours" - Times of India.

Link : Gurgaon hit-and-run: Son of BMW owner surrenders, gets bail within hours - The Times of India

This once again proves if you have money, you can get away even with murder. I know this isn't murder but he killed innocent people by being negligent. This is what pisses me off, when will this end?

-Z
Zombie69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 22:42   #11100
Team-BHP Support

I drove to a quaint little village on the border of Maharashtra and Karnataka last month. I was about 10 kms away from my destination when I encountered a huge queue of trucks and some smoke about a km ahead. On inquiring with truckers, I was told that a car carrier had crashed into a truck and both vehicles had caught fire. I was further informed that the highway will remain closed for the next few hours. A helpful truck driver helped me drive out through the parking lot of an adjoining dhaba and I drove past these trucks on fire.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1896.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1897.jpg

The pictures on the other side have been clicked on the next day during my return journey.
Yes, you see it right: A truck full of burnt i10's:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1937.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1938.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1939.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1940.jpg

Most Viewed