Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2012, 13:18   #11296
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupratikDebnath View Post
Picked this up from Facebook. Location is near Wipro, Saltlake Sector 5, Kolkata. These vehicles are in abundance working as shuttles. The way these are manoeuvred in traffic!
Oh dear god! :-(
This is an quite an old photograph and has been posted here already.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 13:44   #11297
BANNED

Horrible accident which happened today morning, heard that Biker has lost his leg :(
Picture from a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-07062012509.jpg  

Old 7th June 2012, 13:53   #11298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
Horrible accident which happened today morning, heard that Biker has lost his leg :(
Picture from a friend.
This is very sad, I have seen these company buses are driven by mad men. Only Infosys buses I have seen which are driven with "some" respect for the lesser mortals on the road.
Old 7th June 2012, 14:34   #11299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
This is very sad, I have seen these company buses are driven by mad men. Only Infosys buses I have seen which are driven with "some" respect for the lesser mortals on the road.
you gotta be kidding me!!

the Infosys buses are the second most notorious company buses driven in Bangalore! they hog both lanes on BETL and race each other. many times i've seen them bully other vehicles on the road. an accident is just waiting to happen!

the worst, however, are the INFANT's buses and cabs (whichever company they run for). looks like they've hired all the goons in Bangalore as drivers!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 14:42   #11300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
you gotta be kidding me!!

the Infosys buses are the second most notorious company buses driven in Bangalore! they hog both lanes on BETL and race each other. many times i've seen them bully other vehicles on the road. an accident is just waiting to happen!

the worst, however, are the INFANT's buses and cabs (whichever company they run for). looks like they've hired all the goons in Bangalore as drivers!
I am comparing the Infy buses to Wipro buses on BETL, they are atleast better than them :-)

The worst part about the Wipro buses: after they literally murder you with their reckless driving, there is a "smiley" on their rear winsd shield, asking you "how am I driving" talk about irony dying a thousand deaths!

INFANT buses and cabs run in abundance for SAP Labs
Old 7th June 2012, 15:14   #11301
BHPian

Its no different here in Hinjewadi IT park, Pune. There are hundreds of such buses used by almost all IT biggies.

These buses vary in size from 24 seater to 72 seater may be ...but all of them have many common traits like:
- Drive as rash as possible
- Drive in a convoy on road , hog as many lanes as possible in parallel.
- Bully other vehicles esp new cars/ lady drivers. They always stop a few mm behind your car...accident might happen any time.
- Many times they push your car towards the divider unless you allow them to swerve left / right whenever they want.
- I have seen these buses even going against the traffic in opposite lane certain jam situations ( EG Mezza9 route in Hinj)

There are few names like MP Group travels ( I am found them most notorious)....all guys in hinj will know these monsters. Even the PMT buses drive much better than these notorious mp bus drivers.

Not sure if any complaints to local police / authorities will help. We are really pis*ed off and frustrated with these morons on road.
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 16:56   #11302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Its no different here in Hinjewadi IT park, Pune. There are hundreds of such buses used by almost all IT biggies.

These buses vary in size from 24 seater to 72 seater may be ...but all of them have many common traits like:
- Drive as rash as possible
- Drive in a convoy on road , hog as many lanes as possible in parallel.
- Bully other vehicles esp new cars/ lady drivers. They always stop a few mm behind your car...accident might happen any time.
- Many times they push your car towards the divider unless you allow them to swerve left / right whenever they want.
- I have seen these buses even going against the traffic in opposite lane certain jam situations ( EG Mezza9 route in Hinj)

There are few names like MP Group travels ( I am found them most notorious)....all guys in hinj will know these monsters. Even the PMT buses drive much better than these notorious mp bus drivers.

Not sure if any complaints to local police / authorities will help. We are really pis*ed off and frustrated with these morons on road.
Complaints to local police wont attract any attention from them.
I read this story somewhere on this forum. Some guy's bike was knocked off by a white indica cab, he brought that guy to the police wala standing there, after a brief discussion with the police fellow, the cab driver hands him over his cell phone, and the police wala speaks to somebody and lets off the cab driver and his cab. The biker later realized that the cab was owned by some shady corporator. So the moral of the story is, most of these cabs and buses are owned by the shady good for nothing local netas..... and the police wont bother about them, its me and you the registration numbers and the sunfilms that the police is more interested in...

Last edited by evilshantanu : 7th June 2012 at 17:07.
evilshantanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 19:06   #11303
BHPian

A ghastly road accident which took place at Kaup Marigudi, National Highway 66 this morning, resulted in the death of a truck cleaner. The sudden impact of the accident resulted in the pipes that the truck was hauling to pierce into the truck's cabin, thereby crushing the truck cleaner.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc3.jpg

News links below:

Accidents Continue to Rock Udupi - Truck Cleaner Crushed by PVC Pipes

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th June 2012 at 22:09. Reason: Removed pictures that were too graphic. Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 19:17   #11304
BHPian

Oh no! :-( Feeling so bad. Our lives are really worth nothing anymore.

I have started to hate this thread. Even learning from other's mistake is outright painful!
SupratikDebnath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 21:37   #11305
BHPian

In addition to Alston's post, here are a few more accidents that have taken places in and around Mangalore!
Mangalore: Car with Family of Six Plunges into River, One Dead

Udupi: 19 Students Injured in Collision of Buses, One Dead, Six Critical

james is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 22:28   #11306
BHPian

A van carrying several bundles of soiled currency notes worth Rs. 129 crores was involved in a road accident on the outskirts of Kadapa late on Wednesday night.

The Hindu : States / Andhra Pradesh : Andhra van carrying currency notes meets with accident
Old 7th June 2012, 23:55   #11307
Senior - BHPian

Today morning saw an Indica that had rammed into a parked college bus of Federal Institute of Technology at Puthiyakavu near Tripunithura. Details are not known and could not click pics too. It was raining throughout yesterday night and visibility problems could have caused the mishap. This particular college bus used to be parked there during nights.
Old 8th June 2012, 00:11   #11308
BHPian

Took the Khopoli exit from E-way while going to Mumbai yesterday at about 11am. It was drizzling and the road was wet. I was negotiating curves carefully when I saw a swift had crached by the roadside. The accident took place about a couple of minutes before I reached.
The driver misjudged the curve and the speed was too high for the that curve. On realising that he was fast, he slammed the brakes. He couldn't turn at all and went straight. The car overshot the turn, uprooted one of the road markers (Cylindrical cement block) and took a plunge of about 15 feet into a ditch. They were lucky that the car didn't travel any further which would had been another 100 feet of free fall. There were 4 occupants all of whom had minor injuries on head and faces. They didn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation since they were busy discussing insurance rather than treatment and thanking their stars. The front of car was heavily damaged.

High speeds + Wet roads - Judgement - ABS = Crash

Please take extra care while driving in rains.
Tejas Ingle is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 08:20   #11309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
In addition to Alston's post, here are a few more accidents that have taken places in and around Mangalore!
I always wonder what's with the Mangalore/Kasargod/Udupi stretch. So many accidents and so much loss of lives. Is it just because of reckless driving or has it something to do with the roads or the topography?

Last edited by jeeva : 8th June 2012 at 08:23.
Old 8th June 2012, 09:19   #11310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
I always wonder what's with the Mangalore/Kasargod/Udupi stretch. So many accidents and so much loss of lives. Is it just because of reckless driving or has it something to do with the roads or the topography?

OT: I believe its a combination of both bad roads and reckless/overconfident drivers with poorly maintained vehicles!

Most Viewed