Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 07:44   #11386
Distinguished - BHPian

spotted this 2 minutes ago on NICE road between kanakapura road and bhannerughatta road.
looks like a case of speed mixed with sleep
Attached Images

Old 20th June 2012, 10:58   #11387
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Not sure what this guy was trying to demonstrate, he pulled down couple of electricity poles too. Location: Bannerghatta Road - NICE Road Junction.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0170optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0171optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0172optimized.jpg  

Old 20th June 2012, 11:12   #11388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The guy holding the driver and then beating him up is almost twice his size. The unfortunate part is that justice is so delayed (if at all delivered) in our country that people resort to vigilante on the spot justice. Even this does not get the morons to improve their driving.
That huge gent is an ex weightlifter and owns a welding shop in that area! Quite a respected and feared person. Atleast now busses slow down on that stretch of the highway!
james is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 10:54   #11389
Senior - BHPian

This Nano has been there in KHT Motors' yard for a few months now. The occupants would not have suffered serious injuries to their heads because there couldn't be anything inside their skulls. If they did, they'd have buckled up.

No, I don't feel sorry for such people. They deserve Darwin award.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15062012665001.jpg  

Last edited by rohanjf : 21st June 2012 at 10:59.
rohanjf is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 20:58   #11390
Senior - BHPian

Seems a vehicle caught fire on the flyover above shankar chowk on the delhi - gurgaon expressway. I was on the way to pick my wife from Cybercity when from below the flyover I could see thick smoke in the sky. As I tried to peep from below the flyover to see the cause of smoke, there was none on the other side of the road, no smoke at all, which meant the fire was above the flyover. My assumptions were confirmed when on the way back I saw some fire engines on top and water pouring down from the flyover drain. Moreover the Toll gate which normally is filled with vehicles from the flyover, was very empty.

Did anybody see what was the issue? The smoke was quite thick. Yet another case of a car catching fire? Hope nobody was injured.

Last edited by vibbs : 21st June 2012 at 21:00.
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:40   #11391
Senior - BHPian

Why do we need to ridicule/make assumptions etc on an ill fated vehicle and its occupants?

Can understand if the person has directly seen the accident or know from reliable source, on the accident. But just by seeing a banged up vehicle, i somehow feel, its improper to comment on an already illfated set of people.

The reason for saying this is, just couple of days back, saw an accident right in front of me. I was standing to cross the road, when on the opposite lane, saw a biker suddenly swerving to his left to park (in front of a super market). The car behind him slowed down and took to right. The biker guy suddenly decided not to stop, and cut into the car from behind, who on reflex cut to the right and right into the opposite lane and bang.

Poor fellow was surrounded and each and every person was blaming him for the accident. By the time, I reached that spot, n number of people was blaming the driver for his 'rash' driving, when I had seen all these right in front of my eyes, and know that is not the case. They were all assuming that since he is on the opposite track, he was rash. Luckily the securities of the mall also happened to see this and brought out that poor fellow from the melee.
If this is the case, just minutes after an accident, we can very well understand how difficult is it to ascertain the original reasons behind an accident. So, lets be a little more sensitive.
sarathlal is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:13   #11392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Why do we need to ridicule/make assumptions etc on an ill fated vehicle and its occupants?
rohanjf, made that comment because the people inside the Nano didn't belt up. If you look at the windshield, you could see cracks(bulging outwards), as if some thing hit from inside the cabin that is nothing but occupants head. So if they have worn the seat belt, the injuries would be even lesser.

Yes, I do agree we cannot conclude who was wrong just by seeing the photos. But we could definitely blame them, if proper precautions like, wearing helmet,fastening seat belts are not done.
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:29   #11393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
rohanjf, made that comment because
Actually, I was not talking wrto any particular person or post.

That particular incident I saw, reiterated the fact that there are much more than we actually see/read in photos. And if this is the case, such comments will be injustice to the people who have been injured for no fault of theirs.
Just wanted to share this point of view with friends here.

Last edited by sarathlal : 22nd June 2012 at 17:30.
sarathlal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 22:07   #11394
Senior - BHPian

This load-carrier auto crashed into the parapet of a culvert where the road is narrow., perhaps to escape from getting hit
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-auto-hit.jpg  

Old 24th June 2012, 11:56   #11395
BHPian

Found this truck parked on the footpath in the service lane opposite Avalahalli Police Station on OMR, Bangalore

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-truck.jpg

Apparently involved in a head-on collision with a Punto. The Punto was parked last night outside the PS, but was taken away by the owner today morning when I went back to get a picture. The passenger side of the Punto was completely destroyed, so much so, that the roof of the passenger side was lower that the dashboard level.

I really wonder if it is a good idea to create such powerful automobiles and then sell them to such irresponsible people. From the impact and subsequent destruction, it is very clear that this collision was at very highspeed.

Rajan
Old 24th June 2012, 19:01   #11396
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this yesterday on Mahatma Gandhi setu(NH 19).This is result of overloading.These morons should be put behind bars for such irresponsible acts.They can cause serious accidents.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120623_1812151.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120623_1812261.jpg
Old 24th June 2012, 19:50   #11397
Senior - BHPian

Didn't see this one mentioned here (at Mulbagal on NH4):

6 of City family killed in accident
Old 24th June 2012, 22:19   #11398
Senior - BHPian

I saw 2 accidents in the last 2 days:
1. Saturday night, I was returning home to Sarjapur. At around 9.30 PM, I saw a completely smashed Dzire at Soolikunte, at the turn towards DPS. There were cops, and the car was ready to be towed. Somehow, there were no skidmarks (I checked both sides of the road today morning), and glass pieces on both sides of the road. A few metal pieces and a lot of glass pieces on the median.

A few months ago, some police official built a big bungalow and then put two HUGE speedbreakers on this 4 lane road. Seems like the Dzire driver did not see it at all, and went over it at high speed.

2. Today evening, there was a collision between a Marina and a Ritz in front of Greenwood High. Looks like Marina was trying to overtake something and ignored the Ritz coming on the opposite side, and crashed into it. Marina's right side was completely smashed, and it was at right angles to the road on the right side, with its rear wheels off the road. The Ritz had fared quite well, despite taking impact on the right fender. Seems like the Ritz driver tried to evade at the last moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I really wonder if it is a good idea to create such powerful automobiles and then sell them to such irresponsible people. From the impact and subsequent destruction, it is very clear that this collision was at very highspeed.
On a funny note, are you the first one to call Punto a powerful automobile? :-D.
Old 24th June 2012, 23:12   #11399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Didn't see this one mentioned here (at Mulbagal on NH4):

6 of City family killed in accident
Really feel sad for the family. I took a look at the car and there is nothing left of it. NH4 has been improved till a bit after molar and after that the road is not so good. Also, this road is very tempting for drivers and having travelled in that stretch frequently, I have witnessed many accidents. Being aware of the situation, we drive slowly in that stretch. However, even small cars like altos and wagonrs do triple-digit speeds and overtake us, which only makes us feel sorry for them. May their souls rest in peace.
Old 24th June 2012, 23:19   #11400
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this in ORR-Bangalore-Pune road junction at Gorguntepalya on 23rd June around 7:30 AM
it had happened just few minutes ago I assumed since the driver was still there making some calls.
It was a Goa registered vehicle. Not a good entry into Bangalore for this guy. Wonder how it happened...

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dscn1194.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks