Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2012, 09:39   #11476
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Three from B’lore killed in Haveri accident

Saw few pics in local TV, the vehicle looked like a high end vehicle. Does anyone know more about the above accident ?
Old 1st July 2012, 10:55   #11477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In my books the very act of tailgating itself is serious and idiotic.
I was referring 'nothing serious' to the accident and the damage. Tailgating definitely is a traffic crime. I saw the Zen moving with wafer thin gap with the Verito for a couple of kms.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:33   #11478
BHPian

Jusy heard the news of the tragic passing away of Jatinder Shukla, fellow rallyist and dear friend. Jatinder's handle on TBHP was passiontodrive. Jatinder met with an accident on the final stage of the recently concluded Mughal Rally....RIP brother.
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:13   #11479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanshaheed View Post
Jusy heard the news of the tragic passing away of Jatinder Shukla, fellow rallyist and dear friend. Jatinder's handle on TBHP was passiontodrive. Jatinder met with an accident on the final stage of the recently concluded Mughal Rally....RIP brother.
May his soul rest in peace, Here's the link with more info :

3rd J&K Mughal Rally meets a sad end; one driver dead | Indian Sports News
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:19   #11480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
May his soul rest in peace, Here's the link with more info :

3rd J&K Mughal Rally meets a sad end; one driver dead | Indian Sports News
More details here..

Kashmir car rally driver killed in crash

Srinagar: The prize distribution function for the Mughal Road Car Rally was cancelled here Monday following the death of a participating driver and critical injuries to his navigator, an official said.

"One of the participating drivers in the car rally, Jitender Singh of Punjab, died in vehicle crash at Simthan Pass while returning back to Srinagar in the rally," Aamir Ali, in-charge of disaster management cell at the provincial administration, said.

Jitender's navigator Ashish, also from Punjab, was severely injured in the crash and has been admitted to the Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura (SKIMS) in Srinagar, he said.
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:37   #11481
BHPian

It came in yesterday's newspaper that a luxary bus from Kerala (Kottayam) going towards BLR met with an accident on the L&T byepass. It's head on collision with truck as the bus was trying to overtake another vehicle. Driver of the bus died. Not sure to which travels the bus belongs.
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:39   #11482
BHPian

RIP Jatinder, may god give enough strength to your dear ones to bare your loss.
The thread he started before participating in the Rally,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-srinagar.html

Below is some chat between us when he was updating his Raid De Himalaya 2010 thread. couldn't really believe he is no more now.
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire
passiontodrive, congrats buddy!. Nice set of pics. Trust you recovered from your broken thigh now. Take atmost care in your future rides and adventures. Hope your team finished the ride successfully
Quote:
Thanks BULZ. Yes, recovery is going on and definitely I will or we can say I have to take care in future adventures. Yes, we finished the ride successfully, but still lot of suspense is there. Will update on that.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-2010-a-6.html
"

Last edited by BulZire : 2nd July 2012 at 17:05.
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:50   #11483
Senior - BHPian

An accident occurred today morning at Arayankavu in Ernakulam district when a private LS bus rammed into a Scorpio killing its driver on the spot and seriously injuring another. One person named Mr Paul narrowly escaped. I got a call when the seriously injured person was brought to a Govt Hospital nearby and the only point to trace this guy was the name of the company he was working for. I could contact the office of Mr Paul in Trivandrum and the injured person's name was Mr Francis. A gentleman became the Good Samaritan when he brought both Paul and Varghese to the hospital in his Swift. But Mr Paul vanished from the hospital in an Autorikshaw. The Hospital staff sent the injured to the Medical College Hospital at Kottayam in an ambulance as he had head injuries and the good Swift owner also accompanied.
The driver of the Scorpio had to be removed from the mangled SUV.
Mr Paul remains untraceable up till this moment,
It became known later that Mr Francis is from Asokapuram near Alwaye and had joined this job only couple of days back.

Last edited by rajeev k : 3rd July 2012 at 11:52.
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:05   #11484
BHPian

Update on the Jatinder Shukla aka passiontodrive accident, the navigator, Ashish Mahajan has also succumbed to his injuries. It is learnt that Jatinder was tired due to the greulling schedule of the rally and could not negotiate a turn and rolled straight down. To make matters worse they were also attacked by mountain bees...RIP brothers you will always be remembered.
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:21   #11485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanshaheed View Post
Update on the Jatinder Shukla aka passiontodrive accident, the navigator, Ashish Mahajan has also succumbed to his injuries. It is learnt that Jatinder was tired due to the greulling schedule of the rally and could not negotiate a turn and rolled straight down. To make matters worse they were also attacked by mountain bees...RIP brothers you will always be remembered.
this is really sad news. may the Lord give their families strength to deal with the loss.

rest in peace brothers - you'll be missed.
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:37   #11486
Senior - BHPian

Tragic news indeed. May your souls rest in peace.

Can't believe even with all the safety precautions, such incidents happen.
It's a wake up call to enforce stricter safety options not only on Rally Cars also on Production cars.
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:43   #11487
PGA
BHPian

Very unfortunate, may God give courage to families to bear the loss.
Old 4th July 2012, 12:12   #11488
BHPian

Quite a longer thread

Came across this thread and thought I'll post my experience:

This happened around 31st May 12 around 9.30 pm while heading to pick up my friend in NGV from HSR Layout. When I was about to near Sony World junction, the signal turned green and me on my bike managed to efficiently dodge the traffic and crossed the signal. A mad biker on my right side thought I was racing with him and tried overtaking me. My bike (Avy 220) had a very good pickup over his bike (don't know which one though) and I hit 50-60kmph in no time with him trailing behind me at a quite a good distance!

When I was about to near the Pizza Hut junction, I noticed a guy coming from the wrong side trying to take a right turn. Seeing me, he stopped right in the middle of the road! Me going at a decent speed and having a very good control on panic braking methodology, managed to stop the bike effectively before a huge impact but still hit him. He fell down with my bike's front wheel on top of the rear wheel. Meanwhile, the mad racer who was racing on my left hand side, switched to right went hit the front wheel of his bike, crashed against the divider and skidded for about 5-10 ft.

Crowd gathered, people rounded me and discovered that I didn't know Kannada. The mad racer stood up and ran away. My bike being heavily damaged and me with slight muscular cramps here and there (which just fled away in few hours though), I found it too difficult to move around. And everybody started accusing me for coming overspeed and not the Karizma guy who was coming in the wrong way (apparently I learnt from the bit of conversation in Kannada that this guy withdrew cash from IndusInd ATM next to Pizza Hut and was trying to take a right on that junction)! :( The figures given by them were 80-90 kmph as if they measured my speed so accurately. I called up my friends (both of them are from Bareilly) and informed them of the incident.

While I was arguing with them, trying to contact Cops at the same time in a desperate measure to flee them away (as it was not my fault by any chance), Karizma wala's boss came (learnt that this guy works for some Tata Indicom's cable laying contractor and the bike is Contractor owned). He demanded me to leave my bike at his office till I pay the difference amount from the insurance to get his bike repaired. I no longer trusted them and refused to leave my bike. In the meanwhile, they got the Koramangala cops involved and couple of guys in patrol bike landed! They were treating me like criminals and threatening to jail me. I was still arguing that I want to go to Traffic Police Station as this is issue is not within their Jurisdiction. Now, the owner wanted to leave my bike in Koramangala Police station till their bike is fixed. By this time, me understood the game plan and I refused to oblige.

Around this time, both my friends arrived. A tata truck arrived to pick up the damaged karizma. My friends were in a desperate attempt to get me out of the situation estimated the cost of repairs excluding insurance would be roughly around 1k, trying to settle down on this and get the hell out of there. By now since cops arrived, their rates increased (probably they also would need some share). While this argument is going on, we witnessed another accident in the same junction, this time with a bike and a car and 75% of the crowd diverted their attention to the other corner. Arguing with this gang, we agreed to go to the Koramangala Police Station (just to divert the cops) and we drove to Adugodi Traffic Police station forcing them to follow us around 12.30 AM.

By the time, these guys passed on the information to their boss who arrived Adugodi with another new face. We went in to lodge a complaint with a constable but he acknowledged the new face and we now know what is going on!

Some how, the constable managed to get the SI in shift to arrive at the scene. SI seem to be a truthful guy but these guys managed to dupe him by calling the Koramangala cops over the phone and made him speak to him. They changed the complete story against us.

Now they demanded 10k from us for the cost of repairs. SI argued with them and bought it down to 4k. We left the scene after paying 4k to those goons.

I think SI was in our favor for he knows that the witnesses were against us and not trying to register a case. I frankly didn't know what to do, legally against these buggars!

Ended up paying another 17.5k for my 4 month old Avy for accident repairs! (Insurance claims going on on a seperate track - Courtesy: UI's reimbursement only policy; no cashless options which was offered by another worthless dealer - Amba Bajaj - Hosur Road). I don't know how long it would take for this to arrive.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:01   #11489
BHPian

Spotted this accident on 3rd July 2012, near Agara junction, Bangalore. Obviously the accident was caused due to high ego and the drivers affected with the "I want to go first" syndrome. Unfortunately, the only cure at this time for the above said disease is through some hard crashes. The truck cabin seems to have suffered major damage. Abuses, arguments and counter arguments were flying from all sides.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-edit1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-edit2.jpg  

Old 4th July 2012, 13:11   #11490
Senior - BHPian

That concrete truck will be a complete write off if the concrete sets inside the mixer, which it most likely will in this case as the truck does not seem to be in a condition to be driven.

Or was it empty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks