Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 12:18   #11611
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Why not Driving schools are instructed to show video footages of accidents to the learners. Those video clips on Chandigarh traffic police facebook page will tell what signal jumping and stopping your vehicle after stop-line will lead you to.

Also some footages carry the information about the accident victims after that ill-fated incidents.

I think most of the violators doesn't even know what these violations leads to.

A person's driving nature will get sedate when he got aged. True in my case i was totally a different driver when i was on my 20, now a very sedate one. Its because i heard/saw/experienced what insane speed on wheels leads to.
These video footages will make the learners aware what speed and violations will gives them back.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 16:03   #11612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
INFANT'S is a travel agency like S.R.S Travels who rent out their vehicles for various companies to ferry their employees. S.R.S was the worst driven cabs until INFANT'S came along. These guys I think employ rowdies as their drivers as I've not seen a single one being courteous on the road or when spoken to! They're even worse when speaking to women!
Absolutely spot on.
Yesterday near ORR- sarjapur jn, i was on the service road, and an Infants sumo behind me. He was honking so bad, as if he had to immediately attend natures call. There was no way to let him go, due to lack of space. He tried everything, and at one point I saw his wheel on the shoulder of the drain, an inch to the right he would have been inside the drain. He squeezes past me, abuses me from inside the vehicle and cuts across the ORR, with out even looking left or right. May be he is a rowdie , I dont know. But, but

What really surprised me, is that, the vehicle was fully occupied. Atleast 6 of them, employees of some company. No one attempted to stop this madness. Are they not worried of their lifes ! or do they get a rush in doing a roller coaster ride everyday ?

Im amazed.
Old 19th July 2012, 23:16   #11613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai

Absolutely spot on.

What really surprised me, is that, the vehicle was fully occupied. Atleast 6 of them, employees of some company. No one attempted to stop this madness. Are they not worried of their lifes ! or do they get a rush in doing a roller coaster ride everyday ?

Im amazed.
Your post reminds me of similar situation i mentioned earlier. And even though IronH4wk mentioned that the Infant cabbies speak rudely to women ive seen 9 out of 10 times the front pax seat occupied by a lady only.

And these cabbies chat on the phone even while driving without any worry about the police. Hardly does it matter to them. So many times ive seen this happening. The problem is they feel overpowered being in an SUV and tryd to challenge everyone. I just wish one day they meet their match on the road. But im surprised why would they challenge an XUV?

These cabbies are like the rowdies in the movies. Their eyes are always congested which shows they are mostly drunk. So even if they cause accident they will be released due to a DUI charge. I hate how Bangalore roads have become. Cabbies in my native place are far better as Im seeing these days. Yes they occasionally tend to bully but one stare can put them right where they belong.

But Bangalore cabbies are the worst and I dont understand why noone has beaten them up till now. People have guts to beat up innocent persons but no guts to beat up this continuously bad driving cabbies. They need on the spot beating up just like what happens in Delhi.

Im just wishing for the day to come soon when Bangaloreans take steps to remove these scums from the streets and make life peaceful again. These cabbies have been terrorising Bangalore far too long. It wont be long before someone does something against them which should put them back in their cradles where they rightly belong and not on the streets.

Till that happens lets say a prayer everyday to end this menace.
Old 20th July 2012, 03:51   #11614
BANNED

Does anyone know where/which city this accident occurred?
Old 20th July 2012, 11:34   #11615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

The problem is they feel overpowered being in an SUV and tryd to challenge everyone. I just wish one day they meet their match on the road. But im surprised why would they challenge an XUV?

They would challenge a tank on the road probably, what chance does a midget XUV stand

Is there any check on these guys, that they have a valid licence to drive? Do the companies check these things ? Or is it that the contract is given to an infants/srs whoever, and all is over ? Dont the employees sitting inside the cab complain on rude behavior of these guys ?

I have never seen a cab being stopped and checked by a cop, the same way a private vehicle is checked.
Old 20th July 2012, 12:46   #11616
Senior - BHPian

Here is the thing. They drive such a big vehicle (Sumo), and they think that they are the kings of the road. Unfortunately, such a big vehicle produces such puny power that they are overtaken by smaller vehicles easily, which is a slap on their ego. In order to prove their point, they drive rashly.

There are many regional language film which glorify this kind of behaviour (although by the negative elements of these films). I can bet that the cabbies do not watch any films other than regional ones. This only adds fuel to their behaviour. I don't remember any Kannada film where anyone drives with seatbelts on (I don't understand other regional languages).

About licence. At least SRS checks the licences. The drivers have to submit their licences to the office, and only then they can drive the company's vehicles. But then, how difficult is it to get a licence?

About employees objecting to driver's behaviour: it happens rarely. First of all, even if an employee feels the need to object, she/he is worried about what her/his colleagues would think. Quite likely that most of the people prefer to reach home 10 minutes early, than ask the driver to drive safely!
Old 20th July 2012, 12:50   #11617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Does anyone know where/which city this accident occurred?
I believe this happened in Bangladesh & is already in this thread. How the location got changed to India is mystery.

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2412888

Last edited by msdivy : 20th July 2012 at 12:52. Reason: Added link
Old 20th July 2012, 14:15   #11618
BHPian

At the exit from Godrej onto the Eastern Expressway last evening
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-copy-20120719_191122.jpg  

Old 20th July 2012, 17:32   #11619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai

Is there any check on these guys, that they have a valid licence to drive? Do the companies check these things ? Or is it that the contract is given to an infants/srs whoever, and all is over ? Dont the employees sitting inside the cab complain on rude behavior of these guys ?

I have never seen a cab being stopped and checked by a cop, the same way a private vehicle is checked.
Nope no check on them. They come from nearby districts and since they have no previous experience of driving in a metro they unleash such behaviour that they are Gods of the streets Bangalore.

And cops checking cabs?? Haha if that happens sun will rise in the west. They are busy giving trouble and harassing common folk driving private vehicles when will they have time to check cabbies?

The easiest way to end the menace of sumo.cabbies is to outmaneuver them in such a way that their so called "SUV" turns turtle. And the people travelling in these cabs are also no less. Dont think that they are afraid of telling. They actually enjoy the scene.

This has happened with me and my mother and those guys and girls inside the cab had only laughed. The girl seemed to enjoy the cabbie being superman and the cabbie enjoyed the company of the girl in the front. Hate to say this but this is what happened with me. Id have forgotten if it was only me in the car. However my mother was also present and the abuses given were pretty bad.

Letting bygones be bygones.
Old 20th July 2012, 18:10   #11620
Senior - BHPian

we are upto 775 pages of reporting accidents here so putting this up. Any idea how many lives have been impacted and snuffed out in the accidents reported here itself?

Let us all please consider that, before we try that risky overtaking manouevre or ride without a helmet or speed over limits or take that blind turn or, the list goes on.

Just be careful and alert all the time, bros and sis'. and please ensure everyone in/ on your vehicles are safe too. Like charity begins at home, safety begins with us.
Lets do our best to first, avoid being featured on this thread and second, as far as possible, help others around us too.

Drive safe, its not a ego trip but only a bike or car trip.

Last edited by selfdrive : 20th July 2012 at 18:13.
selfdrive is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:55   #11621
BHPian

Spotted on NH44 -
1) A ritz that was sandwiched before Bagepalli between 2 trucks y'day being towed towards Hyderabad.
2) A *new* Swift LDi being towed after possibly rear ending another vehicle.
I then hit upon a conversation with my dad about the bad brakes of the New Dzire/Swift V/L models, and soon witnessed 4)
3)An Eon that had crashed into the divider somewhere near Chritravati dam.
4) Saw a *new* Swift VDi that had passed us when we turned into a lay-by not long ago kissing the rear of an Indica that had braked before the speedbreaker at the Bagepalli Toll.
5) A white Audi A4 that apparently few off the road and onto a narrow drain - broken LHS tail lamp and underbody in kissing the concrete edges of the drain, apart from a small crowd is all that we could see. After the Bagepalli toll gate, towards Bangalore.
6) An Indica/b with it's front axle broken somewhere around Yelahanka.

Spotted quite a few accidents in one trip after a long time on the Rapthadu - Yelahanka stretch. The rain seems to have taken it's toll. I'm happy no one was hurt in any of these accidents.
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:54   #11622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The rain seems to have taken it's toll
Rain does not cause accidents.

Ignorance of the fact that wet surfaces require different driving and extended stopping distances is what causes the accidents. Don't blame the rain: blame the drivers.

You can say the same for brake pads.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 05:03   #11623
Senior - BHPian

Thought of sharing it here
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image3204009117.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2012, 09:45   #11624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Spotted on NH44 -
3)An Eon that had crashed into the divider somewhere near Chritravati dam.
the Eon had not crashed into the divider, but had rear ended a truck in front of it. It took the damage on the left hand side of Eon with Wheel, bonnet, radiator and left fender taking a major hit. The inmates were father, wife and son while Son was at wheels. I was right behind them. Just a corrected information
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:21   #11625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Why not Driving schools are instructed to show video footages of accidents to the learners. Those video clips on Chandigarh traffic police facebook page will tell what signal jumping and stopping your vehicle after stop-line will lead you to.
I learnt driving at Maruti Driving school 7 months ago, together with my wife, where they also have theory sessions.
In one of the session they explained a real life scenario of drunk driver which rendered a young lady handicapped for rest of her life including disfiguring of entire face,

The look on the face of driver who caused this after accident was of shame and agony.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed