Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 13:12   #11806
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Looking at the condition of the car, it's impossible anyone could have survived this accident, maybe even if the car had ABS, airbags and other safety equipment.
The only thing that can save anyone is if the car is being driven at a speed at which it can be controlled. From the looks of it, the Swift has smashed/ tboned the trailer. No way that ABS could have helped here.
RIP to the deceased and hope that some other learn from this accident and drive better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
How can you say that? If the car had ABS , maybe the driver could have avoided the collision altogether.
The trailer was occupying the entire carriage width of the road. The accident seems to have happened as the driver didnt see the trailer. I am surprised as that area is usually lit decently, if not well lit. If you notice the smashed car, it is head on. If the driver had tried to brake late, the impact would have been a little sideways. Though at such speeds, it is doubtful if that would have saved anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
It is so easy to blame others for your loss :-)
Yes, and that is one of the key reasons for road rage. It is usually a paradox because deep down one of them knows its their mistake but is not willing to admit it. On the contrary this comes out as rage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Egos and lack of patience does this on an already mutilated Bangalore road.
ha ha, its like that wild west shootout. lets see who will blink first. In this case, nobody did. Or maybe its like the story of those two goats crossing the river.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:11   #11807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
EDIT: Looking at the condition of the car, it's impossible anyone could have survived this accident, maybe even if the car had ABS, airbags and other safety equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
How can you say that? If the car had ABS , maybe the driver could have avoided the collision altogether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I feel the person would have dozed off at the wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The only thing that can save anyone is if the car is being driven at a speed at which it can be controlled.
From what I read, it seems the driver didn't see the trailer in time, and the car went underneath it. Since the time was 2AM at night when the accident happened, it's possible that the driver dozed off at the wheel and by the time he saw the trailer (maybe without lights) it was too late.

So Sleep (maybe fatigue) + late night (2AM) + high speed (maybe) = very deadly combination.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 10:36   #11808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I was thinking that maybe all of us who are working near Ecospace could get together in a form of some silent protest ? We could hold banners near the median and try to make atleast a few drivers learn of how their shortcut could hurt someone else.
You may try what we did in our locality. I cant name the exact place due to legal issues. Our main road is a divided road, divided by median stones. Instead of taking a U turn at the next signal, transport tempo wallas remove a few median stones and perform illegal U turns, blocking the entrance of our colony. Inspite of repeated replacement of stones, stationing a security guard, police action, this menace continued. What we did is every day early morning, we showered the illegal median opening with rusted nails and broken glass. When a couple of idiots got their tyres shredded and were stranded, this problem stopped. Simple and effective solution to handle Idiots
Old 8th August 2012, 11:03   #11809
BHPian

Did you see this ?

A 39-year-old man was killed on Monday, when a BMW which was allegedly being driven by an MBBS student, rammed into his Maruti Eco van, head-on.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw_mbbsstudentaccident295x200_bmw2.jpg

Name:  BMWvaneccocharred295x200_bmw.jpg
Views: 6024
Size:  11.4 KB

Suprising from the report is this line : Ayush was arrested from the spot, but also immediately given bail.

After collision with speeding BMW, this car blew up | NDTV.com

====================

They keep petty thieves in custody for days, and a man can walk off after such a gruesome accident ( not blaming anyone, as the details are not clear) , in minutes ??

Is it that easy to kill and get bailed out ?
Old 8th August 2012, 11:13   #11810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai
Did you see this ?

A 39-year-old man was killed on Monday, when a BMW which was allegedly being driven by an MBBS student, rammed into his Maruti Eco van, head-on.

Suprising from the report is this line : Ayush was arrested from the spot, but also immediately given bail.

====================

They keep petty thieves in custody for days, and a man can walk off after such a gruesome accident ( not blaming anyone, as the details are not clear) , in minutes ??

The issue is irresponsible drivers would make a brand of vehicle itself on the wrong side of law, after such incidents I have seen myself being checked numerous times just because I am driving a BMW, imagine such powerful vehicles being driven on road by a friend who is out to test the vehicle and that too a BMW not owned by him, and after the accident it is not the irresponsible driving of the driver but the brand which is being tarnished, sad!
Old 8th August 2012, 11:29   #11811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
after the accident it is not the irresponsible driving of the driver but the brand which is being tarnished, sad!
This is the tags under the page in NDTV about the accident. Gives an impression, BMW is a serial killer

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw-.jpg
Old 9th August 2012, 11:57   #11812
Senior - BHPian

Another kid - this time a combination of Bad driver - school van - poor visibility(front end mirrors) - mistake from parents to have not informed the Doc's. But at the end of the another KG kid has lost his life.

The Hindu : Cities / Chennai : School van kills yet another child
Old 9th August 2012, 17:33   #11813
BHPian

Udupi: Tempo-Bus Collision at Thenka Ermal two injured

Udupi: Two persons were seriously injured in an accident that took place between private bus and Mini Truck at Ermal Thenka Garodi here on Thursday August 9.
The injured persons has been identified as Tempo driver Dayananda(32) s/o of Jaggu resident of Thenka Ermal and Vimala, staff of the Milk Producers' Association who was also in the truck.

The private bus Ganesh playing from Ballary to Mangalore rammed into the mini temp which was carrying Milk from Thenka Ermal co-operative milk producers' society.
Dayananda who is critically injured is admitted in KMC in Manipal, and the Vimala is admitted in Padubidri private hospital. As per Locals, The negligence of the Bus Driver is said to be the reason for the accident.
A case has been registered in Kaup Police Station.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4.jpg  

Old 9th August 2012, 19:58   #11814
Senior - BHPian

Why did JVLR give headache once again today? Spotted this in the afternoon. The tempo seemed to be coming in reverse direction and caused the whole situation with the Swift getting damaged in process. The whole road was a mess in the afternoon with no proper traffic management, the police arriving to the scene later and Swift being towed away much after, lot of tussle seemed to be happening between the Swift and tempo guys.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1120060.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1120061.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1120062.jpg
Old 9th August 2012, 19:58   #11815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Did you see this ?

Attachment 966759

Attachment 966760

====================

"coming back from get together"
One thing caught my attention, how can a car catch fire after an impact, I think this is one of the basic things that should be tested in case of impacts.

In a case of crash, forget how good the crush zones are if the vehicle catches fire, that is the end of story.

My guess maybe unapproved CNG kit, in Delhi a lot of these cars have unapproved CNG kits
Old 10th August 2012, 14:12   #11816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
"coming back from get together"
One thing caught my attention, how can a car catch fire after an impact, I think this is one of the basic things that should be tested in case of impacts.

In a case of crash, forget how good the crush zones are if the vehicle catches fire, that is the end of story.

My guess maybe unapproved CNG kit, in Delhi a lot of these cars have unapproved CNG kits
The Eeco/ Versa have fuel tanks under the driver's seat, & inlet between the front door & rear slider, where apparently the BMW hit.

It could be a case of either fuel (Petrol/ CNG) catching fire due to sparks caused by the violent crashing of the metals. But, Eecos are more sold with the factory fitted CNG kits in Delhi NCR (and CNG does not catch fire unless there is a spark, akin to petrol, unlike diesel), & hence, are as safe as the petrol ones.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 15:01   #11817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Guys, I was involved in this traffic pile up. It was pretty horrific.
No the dog wasnt the reason for the accident.

..snip..

The bike fellow banged the beat and a BUS (some private company bus) banged the bike fellow. He was crushed between the bust and the Beat. I am still shaking as I report this. Possibly the bike guy lost his life all because of the moronic activity of that Maroon Cedia. I got that guy, I asked him what did he do, his answer was "I gave the indicator". I was in a state of shock, didn't argue with him. Went to the cop, asked him if he needs me to be there at the police station, he asked me to leave since I wasnt directly involved with the bike guy.

Here is the pic of what is left out of the boot of my car

have an update on this from a good friend of mine (thanks Santosh). there were no fatalities (thank God for that)!

an account from one of the bikers involved in the crash.
IronH4WK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 15:20   #11818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
have an update on this from a good friend of mine (thanks Santosh). there were no fatalities (thank God for that)!

Thank god for that. A bit of good news in an otherwise sad thread. Thanks for sharing.

A welcome relief to all who were involved in this mishap.

Last edited by speedmiester : 10th August 2012 at 15:21.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 16:00   #11819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Oh Thank god!
This is a good news!!!
Thanks for sharing...
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 17:12   #11820
BHPian

Kundapur: Father-Son Duo Injured After Bus Hits Bike

Silvester D'Souza
Daijiworld Media Network - Kundapur
Kundapur, Aug 10: A man and his son were badly injured when a bus hit their bike at Balkur here on Friday August 10 at around 8.30 am.

Bhaskar, a resident of Balkur, was on his way to drop his son Kaushik to B M School, Basrur when a Durgamba bus hit their Hero Honda bike.
Kaushik is studying in the class 6, while Bhaskar is employed in Kundapur Anjaneya gas agency.
Both Bhaskar and Kaushik sustained serious injuries and were shifted to Kundapur Chinmayi hospital. They are said to be out of danger.
A case has been registered in the Kundapur police station.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks