Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2012, 17:44   #12046
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

I am very embarrassed to tell you folks that I have no idea about specific repair jobs that have been done to the car.

All I know is that the vehicle came back as good as new and it cost me only a thousand rupees and everything was covered including the rear view mirror.

I shall definitely hunt up the receipt and post it here tomorrow.

Last edited by noidea : 15th September 2012 at 17:47.
Old 17th September 2012, 08:53   #12047
Senior - BHPian

I just heard on a few Kannada news channels about a head-on collision between an Alto and a Scorpio. 5 occupants of the Alto died on the spot (probably all). At least one among them was a woman. The Alto (F8D) had its front completely smashed, so there was no chance for at least the front occupants survive.

They did not show any photos of the Scorpio, but reported that 2-3 people in the Scorpio were injured. The driver had run away.
Old 18th September 2012, 11:21   #12048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I just heard on a few Kannada news channels about a head-on collision between an Alto and a Scorpio. 5 occupants of the Alto died on the spot (probably all). At least one among them was a woman. The Alto (F8D) had its front completely smashed, so there was no chance for at least the front occupants survive.

They did not show any photos of the Scorpio, but reported that 2-3 people in the Scorpio were injured. The driver had run away.
This happened in Bangalore-Tumkur NH-4 four lane road. Looks like the Scorpio was over speeding, lost control then came over the divider and hit the Alto head-on which was coming in the opposite direction. The passengers in Scorpio were in an inebriated state.

More news here,

http://newindianexpress.com/states/k...icle608786.ece
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 11:47   #12049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
That intersection is quite a accident prone zone. On a number of days I see broken glass lying at the intersection.
Attachment 978230
Again, today morning there was and accident between a Xylo and a Desire on the same intersection.

There is also a Zen turned turtle a 100m away from this crossing and is lying there for three days now.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 12:38   #12050
BHPian

These are two pictures of a four month old Tata Nano car, which I found lying at my TASC when I went there for some wheel balancing and alignment related job. According to those service center guys this car toppled while going to Digha, a popular sea beach town in West Bengal. It was brought (towed) back for routine insurance related inspections.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0026.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0027.jpg
I was curious to know how the car rolled over but the owner was not available for comments.

Last edited by rahul4640 : 18th September 2012 at 13:05.
Old 18th September 2012, 13:22   #12051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
According to those service center guys this car toppled
Wow! The Nano must be tougher than it looks. I'm quite impressed!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 13:43   #12052
Senior - BHPian

There was a accident happened previous day here in Delhi on ring road, Where bunch of school goings kids were racing in Honda city and Swift dzire.

While racing, A auto came up in front of City, City collided with auto. Eyewitness said, City then toppled in air and came to the ground.

Thank god that no one got killed in the mishap, Kids were not arrested as they were underage, Police will file FIR in the name of people who own the car.

Here's the link to a hindi newspaper site, I am not able to find it anywhere else on internet- http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com...w/16438991.cms

Sameer
Old 18th September 2012, 17:03   #12053
Senior - BHPian

I’m not sure if this one has been previously reported,

3 engineering students from SCTCE, Pappanamcode, Sharon, 22, Unnikrishnan, 21 and Praveen, 21 died on the 14th September following a head-on collision with a KSRTC bus at Thonakkal. This happened at 1.30-1.45am while students’ were trying to overtake another vehicle on the highway in their Hyundai i10 and collided with the bus on the other track.

There were five occupants, two died on the spot and one later succumbed to his injuries at the hospital. One among the other two is still hospitalized with serious injuries, miraculously the fifth guy escaped with minor cuts and bruises and was sent home after primary first-aids.

The driver/owner of the car, Sharon, was a friend and churchmate of mine. I’ve never seen this person without a smile on his face. It’s hard to believe he’s gone.

Will cherish the moments spent with him the last Christmas at my home.

R.I.P.

EDIT: A photograph from Malayala Manorama newspaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-crash.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 18th September 2012 at 17:08.
Old 18th September 2012, 18:13   #12054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Again, today morning there was and accident between a Xylo and a Desire on the same intersection.

There is also a Zen turned turtle a 100m away from this crossing and is lying there for three days now.
Yes it was a silver or golden pre zen estilo model just before the right turn.the bonnet was pointing the wrong way. That accident happened on Friday evening in the rain. My brother told me it hadn't moved for days. I suspect the guy got hurt or something.

I think we have a similar route. Today I passed the intersection at about 1pm, I didn't see the xylo. I saw the white dzire though. It was damaged from the front. These accidents probably happen at night then the traffic lights are on blinkers.
Old 18th September 2012, 20:53   #12055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post

Saw the Xylo-Dzire accident about 2 seconds after it happened while going to school. I had my phone in my hand but didn't click a picture . The Xylo was a call centre cab with 7/8 people in it. Cops and pedestrians were pulling passengers out from the windows because the doors were jammed. This was at 7:05 am.

Seeing the zen since Friday morning
Old 19th September 2012, 11:02   #12056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I’m not sure if this one has been previously reported...
R.I.P..
The picture sent jitters to my spine. We all must take safe driving seriously to avoid such fate to us and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Saw the Xylo-Dzire accident about 2 seconds after it happened while going to school. .....
Seeing the zen since Friday morning
Did Xylo overturned? Its roof was badly damaged. In fact it looked worse off than the Dezire.

Zen was finally removed from the spot.
Old 19th September 2012, 12:27   #12057
BHPian

I saw this indica vista when I had taken my nano for a routine service. don't know the details of the accident, but the reason I am posting this here is, notice the bulge on the windscreen on the driver's side, obviously caused by the driver hitting his head/face on it, and that, mind you, would have seriously hurt. The passenger cabin had no damage whatsoever. the driver could have walked out of this one without a scratch if he had worn the seatbelt. I hope people understand the necessity of wearing seatbelts/helmets, they save you from a chalan and more importantly save lives.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120917_141044.jpg  

Last edited by damanshaheed : 19th September 2012 at 12:35.
Old 19th September 2012, 18:39   #12058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohi_rao View Post
Red figo being towed today afternoon near Railway station second/back entrance (I think its called Okalipuram). The air bag(s?) were open. The damage is extensive. But I have read threads here where people have walked out of such accidents and lived to tell the tale. I just hope its the case with this one. I am cross posting this with pics in the Team bhp stickers spotted thread because..
Attachment 982597
Attachment 982598

OT: If I have uploaded pics once to t-bhp, is there a way I can use them in another post?
This is my neighbour's car. While overtaking a Sumo, the car went over tree logs lying on the road and toppled 3 times. All escaped with minor injuries. An elderly lady sitting at the back seat suffered a leg fracture as she was not wearing a seat belt. The car was declared a total-loss. But they got just 3 Lakhs from insurance. It was barely an year old.
Abhiranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 00:50   #12059
Senior - BHPian

The car must have been financed and the remainder would have been deducted by the finance company, they being the first claimant. Of course if it were not financed then 3L is not possible, the claim has to be settled at IDV less certain standard deductions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiranjan View Post
The car was declared a total-loss. But they got just 3 Lakhs from insurance. It was barely an year old.
Old 20th September 2012, 11:57   #12060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
These are two pictures of a four month old Tata Nano car, which I found lying at my TASC when I went there for some wheel balancing and alignment related job. According to those service center guys this car toppled while going to Digha, a popular sea beach town in West Bengal. It was brought (towed) back for routine insurance related inspections.

I was curious to know how the car rolled over but the owner was not available for comments.
The cabin looks intact. This proves that Nano is not a Flimsy car like maruti's.

Most Viewed