Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 12:06   #1201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
kerela, GOD's own country is known for its reckless driving manners. before anyone protestes that i am "anti-kerela", even my native is kerela! over there you find trucks and buses overtaking cars on highways, the private cars will be cruising at about 60-80 kmph (knowing ths risks!), and state transport buses and trucks at 90-100 on the single lane highways! and then, such rash drivers like the above innova one.
Agree with Raj. I had lived in/driven around Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and Delhi...but Kerala roads...gawd.

I still remember how I was driving a fully loaded Siena TD, and the private bus behind me was giving me hell for a 15km stretch. madness.
Old 28th November 2008, 12:46   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I had been to Kerela only once, before 2 year's. Let me tell you my experience was very good. As i was traveling in a Tourist bus the driving sense was excellent.
that is because you were a passenger and not the driver! try driving yourself! the tourist bus drivers are well versed with the roads there and they know the driving habits of kerelites. many of the highways there are single lane with twists and turns and no dividers.
but if there is something good, then its the road surface. extremely well paved and smooth, no nasty suprises like potholes. you wont find such good tar roads even in mumbai. but beware of the reckless drivers!
let me tell you, kerela as a place is very good, but i will not say the same about the driving manners.
Old 28th November 2008, 12:58   #1203
BHPian

I agree with Raj too, once we took Cab from Bangalore to Munaar, and it was horrible experience for us first time in life seeing no respect for other drivers if your number plate doesn't sounds like "KL". Thanks to our driver who was aware of KL drivers state of mind and save us. But that's true that they feel that roads in Kerala belongs to them and they have all rights to drive rash there. Why other are using there roads.
Old 28th November 2008, 13:00   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I agree with Raj too, once we took Cab from Bangalore to Munaar, and it was horrible experience for us first time in life seeing no respect for other drivers if your number plate doesn't sounds like "KL". Thanks to our driver who was aware of KL drivers state of mind and save us. But that's true that they feel that roads in Kerala belongs to them and they have all rights to drive rash there. Why other are using there roads.
Sam its not about your number plates. Thats the way people drive here.
Old 28th November 2008, 13:13   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
kerela, GOD's own country is known for its reckless driving manners. before anyone protestes that i am "anti-kerela", even my native is kerela! over there you find trucks and buses overtaking cars on highways, the private cars will be cruising at about 60-80 kmph (knowing ths risks!), and state transport buses and trucks at 90-100 on the single lane highways! and then, such rash drivers like the above innova one.
Yes, we're a mad bunch of people when it comes to driving. You should count yourself lucky to come out alive.

Not to forget our "God's Own People" trying to better somebody's record with their spirited vehicles. You can read about them in TBHP itself.
Old 28th November 2008, 14:16   #1206
BHPian

This happened opposite my house. The driver was learning how to park in those small spaces of the apartment and instead of applying brakes at the turn he rammed to accelerator and BAM!!!. This took place some 6 months back.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-jeevanadi-crash-2.jpg  

Old 28th November 2008, 14:44   #1207
Senior - BHPian

thats a nasty pic. looks as if the indica tried jumping over the wall to escape the owner!
Old 28th November 2008, 14:49   #1208
Senior - BHPian

my guess is that its a xeta. A diesel indica woud have given the driver enough time to reconsider his decision before it started to move
Old 28th November 2008, 15:09   #1209
BHPian

Thats fine mate but the way the wal has been crashed seems as if amby must have rammed it.
Old 28th November 2008, 15:13   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
The driver was learning how to park in those small spaces of the apartment and instead of applying brakes at the turn he rammed to accelerator
Hope he was wearing a seatbelt and came out safe.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:10   #1211
BHPian

No damage to the A-pillar. is there any information on the Euro N-CAP ratings for the Indica aka the City Rover
Old 29th November 2008, 03:41   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Sam its not about your number plates. Thats the way people drive here.
Not really. Many people have tried to bully me in my KA registered car, without knowing that I am God's own son, and got bullied back, royally.
Old 29th November 2008, 09:13   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
This happened opposite my house. The driver was learning how to park in those small spaces of the apartment and instead of applying brakes at the turn he rammed to accelerator and BAM!!!. This took place some 6 months back.
I am wondering how the driver must have come out of the car??
Old 4th December 2008, 10:54   #1214
BHPian

The car was not a Xeta but the normal petrol Indica. Don't know whether the driver and passenger had seat belts on but both escaped unhurt except for some minor bruises. Actually Indica has a strange gap between the accelerator and brake pedal. I really haven't noticed this defect but that's what people i know who own Indica tell. Upon inspection, the car was in 1st gear and the speedo showed 40, strange!!! All the electricals got jammed and the door lock had to be broken to get them out of the car. The chassis,radiator and many parts in the front section got damaged pretty badly. It was in the workshop for close to 3 months. Now its back to the owner in its original form.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:12   #1215
BHPian

AUTO crash !

This happened outside my collage , The auto guy took a U-turn and tried to cut across the highway when an indicab rammed into him !!
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-02122008577.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-02122008578.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-02122008579.jpg

Most Viewed