Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2013, 15:28   #12616
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
Sorry but the victim is a Swift and the picture didn't get uploaded as I used the wrong options.

man this really took some load off my mind, thank god at the same time, I was like no, t-bhp members can't do this! Thanks, this sure did make me feel a lot better. Just hoping that no one was seriously injured in this mishap.

Last edited by Trojan : 18th January 2013 at 15:29.
Old 18th January 2013, 15:31   #12617
Senior - BHPian

This happened on 15th at Hosur Road BETL, Bangalore. Didn't see it posted here. So posting now.

When will people learn. Thankfully, the driver lived. Hopefully he will come to senses when goes on his next driving stint.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...t-tollway.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18040472.cms
Old 18th January 2013, 15:52   #12618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
This happened on 15th at Hosur Road BETL, Bangalore. Didn't see it posted here. So posting now.
This was posted in the BETL thread.

Didn't know that a pedestrian was killed as a result of this There was some talk of some line jumping from the bus and meeting his end - any news of this?
Old 18th January 2013, 16:14   #12619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Didn't know that a pedestrian was killed as a result of this There was some talk of some line jumping from the bus and meeting his end - any news of this?
From what I read, it was not a pedestrian, but a passenger in the last berth who jumped out, and met his fate. The bus was leaning on the parapet wall on the left, and the deceased is said to have jumped off, breaking the glass window, thinking he'd land on the road or out of panic.
Old 18th January 2013, 16:28   #12620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
From what I read, it was not a pedestrian, but a passenger in the last berth who jumped out, and met his fate. The bus was leaning on the parapet wall on the left, and the deceased is said to have jumped off, breaking the glass window, thinking he'd land on the road or out of panic.
That's gotta be a nasty fall - 56ft below! Gives me the shivers!
Old 18th January 2013, 16:44   #12621
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry but the victim is a Swift and the picture didn't get uploaded as I used the wrong options.
I spotted this one too, yesterday - Jan 17th, 2012. Any idea what happened?
Old 19th January 2013, 16:07   #12622
BHPian

Got it through a friend of mine. The accident occured on West of Chord Road early morning. No idea what has happend
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-west_1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-west_2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-west_3.jpg

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 19th January 2013 at 16:28.
Old 19th January 2013, 17:49   #12623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both the websites give above talks different story for Vardaraju, one said he was waiting for a bus underneath the flyover.

Quote:
In the process, the bus hit an electric pole which broke due to the impact and fell several feet down on the road underneath. The pole hit 20-year-old Varadarajulu, who was waiting for a bus. Grievously injured, he was rushed to Blossom Hospital where he was declared brought dead, the police said.
Quote:
The electric pole crashed on to Hosur Road 56 ft below and hit motorcycle rider Varadaraju Suresh who was going with his wife. He suffered a shoulder injury and his condition is said to be stable.
Old 19th January 2013, 20:14   #12624
BHPian

Spotted this at the Junction of New Prabhadevi Road and Tata Press Junction at Prabhadevi.
Accoding to the natives, this happened at around 0100 hrs on 18th Jan. The driver of the Accent was apparently under the influence and t-boned the tab cab. The driver of the cab I was told did not survive
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-teambhp-8.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-teambhp-9.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-teambhp-10.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-teambhp-11.jpg  

Old 19th January 2013, 20:19   #12625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Spotted this at the Junction of New Prabhadevi Road and Tata Press Junction at Prabhadevi.
Accoding to the natives, this happened at around 0100 hrs on 18th Jan. The driver of the Accent was apparently under the influence and t-boned the tab cab. The driver of the cab I was told did not survive
i did see the same cab on Friday at around 1 PM. Was in a cab and saw the Tab Cab lying at the corner of the road. Missed the accent somehow, maybe it was shifted.

May the deceased R.I.P. Hope there was no passenger in the cab, as he would have been the most hit.
Old 19th January 2013, 21:43   #12626
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
I had also seen it. At any given point in the day that crossing is dangerous. People at just do not bother. I really wonder why there aren't many more accidents there. Breaking signals, crossing that junction, trying to cross it at the last possible second is so common. And sadly enough the cops standing there do nothing about it.
Old 20th January 2013, 00:00   #12627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS

I had also seen it. And sadly enough the cops standing there do nothing about it.
True to large extent, but when people are hellbent on giving up their lives, I wonder how many can cops chase down in that scenario?
Police is responsible for maintaining law and order but aren't we supposed to protect our lives more ferociously than simply leaving it to a policeman to protect us.
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 02:14   #12628
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, we are indeed, but, until the lessons get learnt, an investment in speed and red-light infringement cameras will bring in a hefty return in cash, and, eventually, the deterrent will take effect. Of course, the fines have to be collected, but there is a financial incentive not to just let that slip.
Old 20th January 2013, 02:14   #12629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Both the websites give above talks different story for Vardaraju, one said he was waiting for a bus underneath the flyover.
There were 2 casualties -
1. A passenger leaped from the window, and landed under the flyover - Dead.
2. The electric pole after being hit by the bus, fell on a motorcyclist, travelling with his wife under the flyover - Survived.

The driver has admitted to his fault of rash driving. Lane (opposite)jumping - Not quite possible I guess !
Yes, he was weaving in and oug of traffic though.
Old 20th January 2013, 18:57   #12630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
The cabbie must not have been wearing his seatbelt. From the photos, there does not seem to be any damage to the driver's side, with the brunt of the impact on the LHS. He must have been tossed around in the car violently to suffer a fatal injury. Sad, such a thin line, err..belt between life and death

Most Viewed