Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 12:53   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Jeepster, what happened? Thats bad rummage for the same car in one year!
Old 12th December 2008, 13:13   #1262
Senior - BHPian

@Jeepster,

Man, that is one beaten Scorpio!

Two hits in a year. Guess your choice of vehicle was perfect.

So, what happened?
Old 12th December 2008, 13:25   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Five innocent lives of a Family lost when a speeding SUV apparently driven by a person under the influence of alcohol hit their car.
Five of a family killed in Delhi road accident

Meanwhile,just couple of hours back in front of my place a Indica banged rear of Aveo resulting in this..
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-12122008580.jpg  

Old 12th December 2008, 13:34   #1264
Team-BHP Support

Did the Scorpio go scrape against a truck or something the second time?
Old 12th December 2008, 13:52   #1265
BHPian

Yesterday near HSR layout an i10 was banged up pretty bad. My friends dad was driving the car and he doesn't quite recall what happened but the result was that he got side swiped by a BMTC bus at a speed of 60kmph, and the car spun around, hit the divider and came to a halt with the bus stopping just inches in front of the drivers side. A couple of tires were shredded and blew-out in the spin/skid, both the right side doors were smashed-in and major damage to the bonnet too. Luckily friend's dad walked out unscathed.

Another friend saw the damaged car on the way back home and claimed that the damage was pretty serious. Guess i10 has some good crumple zones and a strong inner shell.
Old 12th December 2008, 15:27   #1266
Senior - BHPian

bad pics of the zen.....

@ jeepster: same question, how it happend buddy?
Old 13th December 2008, 01:45   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Excuse me, but were you part of the drive to be able to comment so authoritatively on what happened there?

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to prove here, but that comment was completely below the belt.

The D R I V Es back home are well co-ordinated with a pilot and a sweeper. Any member driving dangerously is immediately pulled up and the driver replaced. There are no exceptions.

Before you form opinions based on friendly banter between members I'd suggest you come along on a D R I V E.
I agree, i wasn't part of the drive.

But, I don't think anybody would write "they hit 140, zig zagged through traffic, scared the other road users" in their "experiences" for fun! Will they? If they were written for "masala" as friendly banter, i take back my words. I'm glad the drives were disciplined. Its just that i hate rash drivers. Maybe its my everyday encounter with the call-centre cabs here. These morons don't know that driving at 30kmph on a road bustling with all kinds of traffic IS RASH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Torqy, it reads much more wilder than it actually happens. There's less drunks, more designated drivers etc.

I'd recommend a PM to any gent from those D R I V Es - I was myself holding such opinions. But then, thoda forum pe dalega, toh namak masala lagane ka na (well things sometimes sound spiced up in posts more than the sensible reality!)
No, i never said drunk drivers. I didn't want to hazard that guess.
Old 13th December 2008, 07:36   #1268
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Five innocent lives of a Family lost when a speeding SUV apparently driven by a person under the influence of alcohol hit their car.
Five of a family killed in Delhi road accident
Nothing against the drivers of the capital but somehow each time I visit Delhi and drive around the roads, I find people have absolute dis-regard for the Traffic lights. It is also the same story here in B'lore too but the speeds in Delhi is much much more. It is just like creating a scenario where an accident is bound to happen!
Intoxication or not... drivers do not have the minimum patience to wait a few minutes or sometimes even seconds!
Old 13th December 2008, 14:26   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a New Tata Safari toppled over and laid by the side of the road last sunday evening on the Chennai-Bangalore GQ near Kanchipuram bye pass. Couldnt click any pictures as I crossed the scene at a considerable speed and cops were around.

The vehicle looked intact, I hope the occupants were safe.
Old 13th December 2008, 20:14   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Jeepster, what happened? Thats bad rummage for the same car in one year!
I am not really sure they are of the same car.
The Scorpio from the first accident seems to be the first generation one. I can say that from the bumper profile.
The second Scorpio is obviously the second generation one. The tail lights tell that.

Jeepster: How did it happen ?
Old 13th December 2008, 22:10   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
I am not really sure they are of the same car.
The Scorpio from the first accident seems to be the first generation one. I can say that from the bumper profile.
The second Scorpio is obviously the second generation one. The tail lights tell that.
Both are same according to me.
The base model scorpio(the one without side cladding) had same bumper as the old generation scorpio even after the facelift in 2006.Intially the new bumper was only provided to the middle and the top end version.But the tail light was upgraded in all the versions.Now i dont know whether the Crde base model comes with the old generation bumpers.But the M2di engine scorpio still comes with the old type bumper if I am not wrong.

Last edited by stable rock : 13th December 2008 at 22:14.
Old 14th December 2008, 00:42   #1272
Senior - BHPian

1) The rear ended Aveo is surprising. The rear ends are usually very tough. How much was Indica damaged ? When our Baleno rear ended the Accent, Accent damage was very less.

2) The Scorpio looks like was brushed with a parked CV/moving CV or some other heavy vehicle.

3) For the Zens's occupants, well, I dont know if its correct or not to post this, but I believe that parents are, upto some extent, responsible for this. Parents need to be more cautious and teach them discipline. How can they even have keys of the cars ? And that too drinking at the age of 15-16 and driving ?
Old 14th December 2008, 00:59   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
For the Zens's occupants, well, I dont know if its correct or not to post this, but I believe that parents are, upto some extent, responsible for this. Parents need to be more cautious and teach them discipline. How can they even have keys of the cars ? And that too drinking at the age of 15-16 and driving ?
I agree, Driving at 15, is one thing, but drinking and driving at that age is surely a disturbing trend. These days, when i pass by my old school, i see a lot of 10-12std kids driving their own cars and going to school, one kid was ripping around in a brand new swift!! The parents are surely to blame for this!
Old 14th December 2008, 01:50   #1274
BHPian

Spotted this Honda Accord smashed up badly at the Honda showroom. Notice how nothing happened to the driver's door. Bad luck for the passenger in the back though....
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accord.jpg  

Old 14th December 2008, 04:38   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Spotted this Honda Accord smashed up badly at the Honda showroom. Notice how nothing happened to the driver's door. Bad luck for the passenger in the back though....

Ho my god.. do you know how did this happen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks