Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 17:30   #1291
Senior - BHPian

No. plate is also missing from this car.
Old 15th December 2008, 17:35   #1292
BHPian

Why did the tyre blow on a brand new car ? Speeds of 90-100 are considered to be quite safe even if the tyre pressures are less than perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
To see a Wagon R so badly hit and the passengers safe.
THANK GOD is all I can say.
Old 15th December 2008, 20:45   #1293
Senior - BHPian

@james:
The Wagon R took the crash quite well. For such a tall car, the pillars have definitely proved that they are strong. 90 kmph and 4-5 flips is not at all a small impact and the fact that nobody was seriously injured is good to hear.
Nice to know your brother bought another wagon R.

If highway driving is planned, then apart from tyre pressure, most cars specially in the economy segment NEED better rubber.
Old 16th December 2008, 00:10   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman;
weird one. A friend saw it near Garh ganga. No idea, but just weird - first time seen something like that - so felt like sharing
What happened here? looks like the chassis split. But how???

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Pics of our car after the crash..
the Wagon R suffered alot but at the end, done the job to protect everyone in the car.
Old 16th December 2008, 23:32   #1295
Senior - BHPian

hi sorry for delay in reply

the first accident happened when my family was going in emergency for funeral of a close relative at 5 am in morning.
my father was driving ,when over taking he hit a bullock-cart (made of steel for sugarcane transport ), well it was intact only bulls were bruised no one was hurt.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img0192a.jpg

after repairAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-img0394a.jpg

second
well i was driving scorpio from my city to kollhapur about 350 kms
we started at 9 am & back near city (only 90 kms from my city) at night 2 am about 650 kms non stop running took its toll (except food & in kollhapur for 2 hours)
at exactly 2:05 am 23 oct 2008 it tipped on one side.

some how i stopped engine ,
got out from driver side door,
my father was at back seat took him out by back door.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-moto_0144.jpg

we searched our mobiles with emergency led light made by myself.
it has 28 hi power white leds & 20feets of wire length.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img0821a.jpg

within 15 mins of actual accident we called our friend (also a relative)
then with the help of tractor we rolled back our scorpio,
checked brakes , radiator , fuel, engine , battery for leakage there was nothing so started it & double checked it all.
i had only one cut on my wrist, my fathers thumb, fingers were bruised.

after 30 mins of actual accident we were back on road , after 90 kms & 3 1/2 hours we were back home safe

well almost!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: Smilie usage is restricted to TWO per post

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th December 2008 at 11:00. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 17th December 2008, 06:24   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
the first accident happened when my family was going in emergency for funeral of a close relative at 5 am in morning.
my father was driving ,when over taking he hit a bullock-cart (made of steel for sugarcane transport ), well it was intact only bulls were bruised no one was hurt.

second
well i was driving scorpio from my city to kollhapur about 350 kms
we started at 9 am & back near city (only 90 kms from my city) at night 2 am about 650 kms non stop running took its toll (except food & in kollhapur for 2 hours)
at exactly 2:05 am 23 oct 2008 it tipped on one side
So, many accidents , I suggest you better get rid of this vehicle and practice safe driving. Ii would help you future.

Why is first accident after repair, bumper is still broken ? Didn't you change bumper ?

OT: I hope you will get warnings by Mods pretty soon for using more than 2 smilies in your post.

Last edited by anujmishra : 17th December 2008 at 06:26.
Old 17th December 2008, 17:36   #1297
Senior - BHPian

hi the bumper was changed.

the scorpio is in mahindra work shop ,will be done within 2-3 days.

we planned to sell it.

we have bought new bolero slx within 7 days of accident
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-moto_0197.jpg
thanks for info about Smilies , it will never happen again
Old 17th December 2008, 19:45   #1298
BHPian

jeepster Its the wise thing to get rid of the Scorpio.

congrats for the new buy bolero have a safe drive
Old 17th December 2008, 20:58   #1299
BANNED

why you think negative about the scorpio be positive as you are saved in two accidents in this vehcile it has taken all the impact on it.
i am saying this as one of my friend had a zen which met with 7 serious accidents , i suggested him to sell unlucky vehicle. He told me that vehicle is not unlucky as it saved him and he walked out unhurt in those deadly accidents.he still have that zen
Old 18th December 2008, 09:02   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
why you think negative about the scorpio be positive as you are saved in two accidents in this vehcile it has taken all the impact on it.
i am saying this as one of my friend had a zen which met with 7 serious accidents , i suggested him to sell unlucky vehicle. He told me that vehicle is not unlucky as it saved him and he walked out unhurt in those deadly accidents.he still have that zen
with you. I have Optra which had a very big accident in the year 2007 but still I have not sold that car.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:10   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post

Now, I can seriously doubt your friend's driving skill. He is no way able to drive even a small car like zen. "7 Times of Serious Accidents" he should sell this zen ASAP and do not buy any other car. It will be in the interest for his life, atleast and hopefully he should not see 8th Accident.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:18   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Now, I can seriously doubt your friend's driving skill. He is no way able to drive even a small car like zen. "7 Times of Serious Accidents" he should sell this zen ASAP and do not buy any other car. It will be in the interest for his life, atleast and hopefully he should not see 8th Accident.
I don't agree with you sirji. In total I am driving since last 10 year's. I had several accident with different car's. I believe when you drive on the road its not only you who can make mistake there are others also who can make mistake and you have to suffer because of them.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:53   #1303
BHPian

Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
In total I am driving since last 10 year's. I had several accident with different car's. I believe when you drive on the road its not only you who can make mistake there are others also who can make mistake and you have to suffer because of them.
I am driving for past 14 years, some 3.10 lakh of kms. with types of Vehicles on different highways of Northern India and obviously in Delhi city traffic.

Some...
85000kms on a Hero Honda Splendor ( Sold )
45000kms on a Maruti Van ( Sold )
80000kms on a Maruti Esteem ( Sold )
50000kms on a Wagon R ( Sold )
17500kms on a Aveo
17000kms on a Chevy Spark
2500kms on a Palio SDX

But till date i have not crashed into anybody, nor have i allowed anybody to crash on me ( many have tried to but failed ),as you said it not depends on only you, it depends on other drivers on the road as well.

The key is, in city or on a highway, have as many options as possible with yourself, as you never know what may happen.

On a single lane highway only overtake when you are like 200% sure that yes you will make it or else just dont even think about it.

On a 3 lane or more then 3 lane expressways never use the right lane, no matter what speed you are travelling at always stay in the middle lane, the reason you never know that a vehicle coming from the opposite side may loose control and jump the divider and come towards you.

On 2 lanes highways, if you wish to travel faster then the most always opt to keep your car on the centre white strips on the road, as this would give you enough space on either sides to budge in case of an emergency.

Hope these tips would help you all. These are just from my practical experiences and thats about it, so nothing against anybodies driving ability.

Last edited by Bubby : 18th December 2008 at 10:11.
Old 18th December 2008, 10:37   #1304
Senior - BHPian

All said and done. but what if you are standing on a signal and someone comes and dash you from behind.

I had faced this and had to spend Rs. 35000 on my optra.
Old 18th December 2008, 10:47   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I don't agree with you sirji. In total I am driving since last 10 year's. I had several accident with different car's. I believe when you drive on the road its not only you who can make mistake there are others also who can make mistake and you have to suffer because of them.

Then again I doubt your driving capability. It does not matter whether you are driving Optra or Zen or Merc. I agree that others can make mistake but there is one technique called anticipation. You need to develop this technique. Why always in all your several accidents others made mistake. Quite coincidence. It can be true for one or two accidents but not for several. Learning to change gears, holding steering and putting leg of gas pedal does not mean you are good driver.

I am driving for past 15 years, never had touched any vehicle. I have driven in length and breadth of India.

Sharp your anticipation skills. It will good for you and others on road too.

Quote:
@Bubby: Well said. Good practical tips.

Last edited by anujmishra : 18th December 2008 at 10:50.

Most Viewed