Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:23   #13321
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

I was informed about some kind of accident involving a biker on the korum mall flyover, eastern express highway.

Any informations? This happened around 12:00 PM today.
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:26   #13322
Senior - BHPian

Hosur Volvo XC 60

3-Jun-13 (Outside Ashok Leyland, Plant-1, near Atibele border)

Steep downward slope, 1st the Eicher truck guy brakes hard for a speed hump (this hump is in place for at least 6 months, not new for locals who freq hosur-blore), Volvo guy rear ends the truck and looses half the bonnet and its interiors, a container box truck tailing the Volvo rear ends the VO causing this!

I guess for a 50Lac car, this pretty much is a writeoff (both front and rear). I cldnt get a front pic.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130603_1250151.jpg
Old 3rd June 2013, 18:50   #13323
BHPian

Just few hours back on Vashi creek bridge.
God knows how he landed in that position. Trafic was piled up because of that and it seems it will take a while to clear.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130603_184933.png
Views: 9634
Size:  478.9 KB
Old 4th June 2013, 09:36   #13324
Senior - BHPian

CCTV footage of the audi crash into an auto at MG Road, Bangalore this saturday.

One of the passengers died, other passenger and auto driver injured.

Though Audi is at a speed at a junction, however, auto driver also should have been cautious while approaching a main road.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/audio-...2-1070421.aspx
Old 4th June 2013, 09:48   #13325
BHPian

^its no use assigning blame now, is it? The pictures of the Q7 and the auto are really horrifying though. The worst part is the father of the accused trying to shift the blame to his chauffeur.
Old 4th June 2013, 19:59   #13326
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this today morning at NICE road. Both the vehicles were moving on the other lane towards Electronic City!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-6.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-7.jpg  

Old 5th June 2013, 11:02   #13327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Here is my personal take - There is a big difference between how most 18-19 year olds drive on the highway with their family and how they drive with their friends. The question is really whether it is advisable to let 18 year olds go on a highway trip by themselves, without any supervision from elders?

Disclaimer: I know the 18-21 age group might be frustrated seeing my reply and are likely to start a big line of arguments but I can't help there.
Totally agree with you Peer pressure can be a major reason for recklessess on the road. Its not only about the skills (or the lack of it) , its also about the that notion of invincibility which all of us would have felt as a teenager. I started driving by 13-14 and was convinced that I was an expert by 18.

Now a decade and a bit later , looking back, I could say I did a lot of stupid things on the road and if there was team-bhp back then , I could have made it into the Bad Drivers list for sure. But back then I never thought of external elements which could cause accidents. I felt since I am an expert , accidents are not for me. Blame it on the age
JoeMichael is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 15:10   #13328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Spotted this today morning at NICE road. Both the vehicles were moving on the other lane towards Electronic City!
Any idea how the accident happened?

BTW, the accent crumple zones seemed to have worked well. The verna looks T boned. Don't understand how it could have got TBoned. Also the role of the truck in the accident is not clear from the pics
Old 6th June 2013, 16:15   #13329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Any idea how the accident happened?

BTW, the accent crumple zones seemed to have worked well. The verna looks T boned. Don't understand how it could have got TBoned. Also the role of the truck in the accident is not clear from the pics
The truck is not involved in the accident.

Both the cars were going towards Electronic city at high speeds. I guess Verna overtook Accent through left but lost control and moved to right, forcing Accent too to jump to opposite lane and crash.

Thankfully, there was no vehicles on other lane.
Old 7th June 2013, 15:53   #13330
Senior - BHPian

A video of a crazy drunk man driving a two wheeler through a busy road in Kerala, culminating in an accident :
he zigzags crazily on the road, narrowly misses colliding with many oncoming vehicles and finally gets hit head on by an oncoming Versa at a curve.
Video here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=456905131068385
Courtesy: Asianet news/Keralalifestyle FB page

Last edited by sandsun7 : 7th June 2013 at 15:54.
Old 7th June 2013, 17:24   #13331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
A video of a crazy drunk man driving a two wheeler through a busy road in Kerala, culminating in an accident :
he zigzags crazily on the road, narrowly misses colliding with many oncoming vehicles and finally gets hit head on by an oncoming Versa at a curve.
Video here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=456905131068385
Courtesy: Asianet news/Keralalifestyle FB page
This is scary! You just hope you are not the person who collides with such people are you are simply bashed to bits.

I have seen a Bike (Pulsar) collide against a bus right in front of me once, thankfully the bus was not speeding and the riders suffered damage but they lived. And these kids were trying some bike stunts (don't know whats the term - that thing where you drive with one wheel in the air) and got hit. I simply do not have any sympathy for these guys.
Old 7th June 2013, 17:35   #13332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
And these kids were trying some bike stunts (don't know whats the term - that thing where you drive with one wheel in the air) and got hit. I simply do not have any sympathy for these guys.
Wheelies, as you call them.

I have seen people trying stuff like these many a times when I go for a night walk on a busy market street just in front of my house. At the nights, the streets are not so buzzing with vehicles, but you do have many pedestrains on there. This is not only posing a danger to their lives, but others as well. Sympathy, they simply deserve none.
Old 7th June 2013, 18:12   #13333
BHPian

A tragic incident involving a volvo bus and a sand lorry.

Three killed in bus-lorry collision

The report says, it was a head on collision. The head on collision on a 4-laned highway can happen only
i) if the truck was trying to take a U-turn in one of those unscientifically constructed U-turn spots by NHAI (by breaking the median)
OR
ii) if the truck itself was moving on the wrong side to get to the nearest U turn so that it can join the opposite lane. Whatever it is, the bus driver and a passenger lost their lives for no fault of theirs (most probably).

Last edited by n_naik : 7th June 2013 at 18:14.
Old 9th June 2013, 12:20   #13334
BANNED

Saw this accident while travelling from Chennai to my native near Vellore Toll...
The left hand side headlight and bumper has suffered damages... the person who seemed to driven the car was speaking to some one over phone...
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_4095.jpg  

Old 9th June 2013, 22:12   #13335
Senior - BHPian

Spotted b/w Hosur-Krishnagiri section of GQ.
This spot is already six laned and I couldn't figure out how the driver managed to go off road. Both the tractor and the trailer were on its side and was lifted by cranes later and another TATA 3516 came to pull the load out after it was straightened.
The wait continues for those these new cars were meant.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img638.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 9th June 2013 at 22:13.

Most Viewed