Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2014, 12:14   #14821
v&v
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw today at Vasant vihar, looks like the guy missed the turn !!!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dscf3446.jpg
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 12:27   #14822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
....My sister and another gentleman were trying to convince the driver to call up VRL or any ambulance so that the injured guy is taken to hospital.

My sister tried to argue with driver to at least inform an ambulance or wait till they an ambulance arrive (she was ready to call).

This is really inhuman of leaving an unconscious person lying on the road to die.
Where have our values of life gone?
Does it really matter only if the problem happens to us or our loved ones?
Sorry, but your sister could have called up 108 for ambulance services right? She need NOT have taken any permission for that from anyone for that matter. Or I think there are boards on the highway citing emergency numbers. She need NOT have given the bus details or something, but could have informed of the accident.

Edit::

Saw this post after posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I was wondering why no one thought of calling 108. Looks like it's not available in Maharashtra. What is the number for ambulance there?

Also, 100, 101 and 102 are valid across India right?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Yes.. These numbers are same across India.

Yeah, that was my another question to my sister. As mentioned she wanted to do it.. But the driver was insisting on not getting involved in these matters and get out of the place as quickly as possible.
She could have raised the complaint on an anonymous mode - as if the accident happened before she reached there. I think his life mattered more than a case against the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Saw today at Vasant vihar, looks like the guy missed the turn !!!

Attachment 1192331
Took some time for me to understand what was wrong with the pic!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th January 2014 at 12:34. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
Old 18th January 2014, 13:30   #14823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Me too. Very subtle!
Old 18th January 2014, 14:20   #14824
BHPian

Quote:
could have called up 108 for ambulance services
Also what about the toll booths, normally they will have the highway patrol and ambulance.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 15:01   #14825
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Unfortunately not. The kid behind the wheel died on spot as reported on this thread only. Others are seriously injured.

And from what I know, the Ecosport did not topple. It was just a T-bone kind of impact. There must be no criticism of Ecosport since it is not a sedan or even a hatchback. The dimensions are more like SUV and must be handled & driven like one. They simply, inherently cannot handle as good as a sedan.
I don't think stability, vehicle type etc. are important here. This was a case of under age driving without license in the wee hours. One can only blame the parents for these types of incidents.
Old 18th January 2014, 15:08   #14826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
I don't think stability, vehicle type etc. are important here. This was a case of under age driving without license in the wee hours. One can only blame the parents for these types of incidents.
That is true, but if you read the above posts, I was replying to a gentleman who thought that the discussion might trip over to the handling of the car.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 18:13   #14827
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
An idiot today on Victoria Road - slams into a BMW

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=tPzS8c7BTZ0
Now moved to youtube
ajmat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 01:02   #14828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen Heat View Post
Hi all,
Relating about my accident.
Good gosh! Thank goodness you survived!

How is your vision now? Has it been affected because of the crash?

To tell you the truth, I've almost been in the same situation.

4 of us, 2 on each bike were heading towards T.G Halli in Bangalore. We were doing good speeds on our lanes which, to be honest, were empty and the roads were good. Out of nowhere, a truck switches to the wrong lane and is coming right at us with no intention of slowing down! Now these roads were pretty narrow where only 1 big vehicle could fit at a time. The truck was about 50 odd meters away. I began to panic, my friend sitting behind me immediately got me to my senses and I realized that there was a runoff by the left of the road. I immediately darted to the left and avoided a head on collision with the trucker.

Worse was my friend who was ahead of me! Somehow, me made it through safe and sound as well.

Thinking of the entire incident still sends shivers down my spine.

Glad to know you made it.

Unless laws for accidents are made more strict and those who cause accidents are punished appropriately, no one is going to care. The driver who got away by paying Rs. 5000 is probably going to do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Now moved to Youtube
Ajmat, if you look at the video closely, this is what transpires.
  • To the left, you will see a man. By this time, our hero on the scooter has already entered the scene.
  • At some point, the man waves for the auto, after which the auto begins to turn left to attend to the man without any indicator or hand signal. He's obviously slowing down, but his Tail Lights don't work.
  • Our hero on the scooter is going too fast and tries to slow down, but fails to do so and hits the brakes real hard. His rear wheel locks up, he starts a skid, the rear swerves to the right and the hits the auto, loses balance and falls on the BMW. If it wasn't for the BMW, the guy on the Activa would've had far more severe injuries by crashing into the footpath and eventually the wall.
Not defending the nut job on the scooter, but, if the Auto was a little more considerate and had taken the left turn a little less sharply, probably this would never have happened. Of course, if he wasn't speeding, none of this would've happened either. The fault lies on both parties, it's only because of the style of riding of the chap on the scooter that no one is observing the auto, which is equally at fault.

Problem here is that cops are more worried about RC Book, Emission Certificate, etc. that the core safety essentials of a vehicle. The day they begin to fine vehicles with a faulty tail light, missing indicators etc., our country will be a safer place.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 19th January 2014 at 01:03.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 02:15   #14829
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the scooter guy is going for the left-hand overtake anyway, isn't he? That means that whatever happens to him is absolutely his own fault. He didn't even consider that the gap between the auto and the BMW might change before he got through it.

Although most of us probably look for such people when pulling left --- because we just don't need the scratches on our car, or the hassle of idiots using us to do themselves an injury.

No sympathy for the 2-wheeler here. Plenty of sympathy for the poor BMW owner!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 04:50   #14830
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Got these two extra pictures in refererence to the Ecosport incident/accident from my dealer.
Note the left rear alloy wheel.

What is puzzling is the position of the lorry and the point of impact on the lorry..

I think the parents have to be blamed for their casual attitudes

Many parents think that their son or daughter has achieved something great by driving before 18 years
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20140119wa0002.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20140119wa0001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20140119wa0000.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 06:48   #14831
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Got these two extra pictures in refererence to the Ecosport incident/accident from my dealer.

What is puzzling is the position of the lorry and the point of impact on the lorry..
The LR alloy caught my eye - it appears to have sheared/split such that the part with the outside pattern separated from the inner "drum"!

Are you certain your 2 pictures are referring to the Calicut accident? I ask because:
  1. The RF wheel's position has changed in the earlier one in the newspaper.
  2. I also notice that the roof, RR door, as well as B/C/D pillars are reasonably intact in your pictures, whereas they're mangled in the newspaper picture about the Calicut accident.
  3. Finally, the license plate on the Calicut vehicle starts with "KL" as expected, and that in your picture appears to be either "AP" or "AR", I suspect it's AP given your location.

From your picture, the damage on both vehicles makes me wonder whether this was a head-on collision, with the EcoSport having done a 180 degree spin after impact (or having been turned and pushed there after the accident to clear one lane).
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 08:21   #14832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi guys,

I think the parents have to be blamed for their casual attitudes

Many parents think that their son or daughter has achieved something great by driving before 18 years
The first picture and the last 2 photos are from different accident vehicles for sure.

The first photo car has a significant damage on both the right hand side doors and body + the roof.
If you look closely at the other 2 photos the right hand side rear door and body do not have such damages. Plus the roof has not been crushed upwards like in the first snap.

Also arunphilip had mentioned about KL plates and AP plates which seem to add credibility that these are 2 different accidents.

Last edited by racer_m : 19th January 2014 at 08:27.
racer_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 15:34   #14833
BHPian

ecosport rules, as arunphilip & racer_m mentioned, anybody can tell that the first and the other two snaps belong to different accidents. The surroundings and the condition of the vehicles are vastly different. The accident in the last two pictures seem like a head-on collision where the Ecosport has swung around 180°. And the first one is a KL registered and the last two pictures show an AP one.
Old 19th January 2014, 17:02   #14834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
ecosport rules, as arunphilip & racer_m mentioned, anybody can .
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
The first picture and the last 2 photos are from different accident vehicles for sure.

The first photo car has a significant damage on both the right hand side doors and body + the roof.
If you look closely at the other 2 photos the right hand side rear door and body do not have such damages. Plus the roof has not been crushed upwards like in the first snap.

Also arunphilip had mentioned about KL plates and AP plates which seem to add credibility that these are 2 different accidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The LR alloy caught my eye - it appears to have sheared/split such that the part with the outside pattern separated from the inner "drum"!

Are you certain your 2 pictures are referring to the Calicut accident? I ask because:
.[/list]).
Hey guys,
Good find guys I didnot compare them so keenly.
I think you guys are right, will check with my dealer

Last edited by ecosport rules : 19th January 2014 at 17:03.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 18:39   #14835
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Me too. Very subtle!

Same here. Even at first instance i too missed it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks