Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:18   #1531
BHPian

Hope they put the driver of the school bus for life with RI. The school authorities should also be held responsible for running the bus without permit and no conductor.
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:40   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Cylinder blast in car kills man

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Mysore: In a late night tragedy, a car caught fire as cylinders kept in the vehicle burst killing one person in Mysore on Monday.
Two cylinders and two gas stoves, which were in the car, burst throwing the charred remains of the car up to 100 mts around the site of the blast.
The incident occurred on the Ring Road near Raju Nagar. The deceased has been identified as Wazid Baig, 40, a resident of Raju Nagar. He is the manager at a petrol bunk. Baig was returning home at around 8.30 pm when the incident took place.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
The fire officials said that they had a tough time retrieving the body of the deceased from the car. They suspect that a cigarette lit by Baig sparked a fire from a leak in the cylinders.

GUTTED: The remains of the car were strewn 100 metres from the blast site in Mysore on Monday night
Ohh... god this look's too bad to me.
God bless their souls.
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:21   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cylinder blast in car kills man

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Mysore: In a late night tragedy, a car caught fire as cylinders kept in the vehicle burst killing one person in Mysore on Monday.
Two cylinders and two gas stoves, which were in the car, burst throwing the charred remains of the car up to 100 mts around the site of the blast.
The incident occurred on the Ring Road near Raju Nagar. The deceased has been identified as Wazid Baig, 40, a resident of Raju Nagar. He is the manager at a petrol bunk. Baig was returning home at around 8.30 pm when the incident took place.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
The fire officials said that they had a tough time retrieving the body of the deceased from the car. They suspect that a cigarette lit by Baig sparked a fire from a leak in the cylinders.

GUTTED: The remains of the car were strewn 100 metres from the blast site in Mysore on Monday night
This is the only reason I dont have LPG on my dad's car even though he badly wanted (not needed) one.

Quote:
6 kids die as train hits schoolbus

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Ferozepur: Six children on the way to school lost their lives because of the callousness of a bus driver, who was talking on his mobile phone while driving. The schoolbus was hit by a locomotive at an unmanned crossing in Ferozepur district of Punjab on Monday. Twenty-one children were injured.Railway officials said the bus didn’t have a permit to run and there was no conductor present at the time of the incident.
According to eyewitnesses, the driver, identified as Kulwant Singh, jumped out to save himself as the train engine crushed the bus belonging to the DAV Senior Secondary School near Talwandi Bhai railway station on Ferozepur-Ludhiana section at 8 am.
“I saw the driver talking on his cellphone when our bus was hit,’’ said Udhey Pal, a Class I student, who escaped unhurt. Eyewitnesses said the bus was in the middle of the track when it was hit.“There was no conductor and the bus has been running without a valid permit,’’ said R S Ghera, additional divisional railway manager, Ferozepur.

TRAGEDY: The remains of the schoolbus after the train crushed 6 children in Ferozepur district of Punjab on Monday
This driver should be put under the very wheels of that train. Playing with childrens' lives, talking on a cell phone and last but not the least not being attentive on a railway cossing. How stupid can people get?
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:30   #1534
Senior - BHPian

sure shot recipe for disaster

5 people-one man, 2 ladies without a helmet, the lady at the back holding her kid as if it's about to fall, another kid on the fuel tank in front
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00214.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2009, 18:35   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

5 people-one man, 2 ladies without a helmet, the lady at the back holding her kid as if it's about to fall, another kid on the fuel tank in front
The ideal candidate for a Nano... but then in a Nano they might even start carrying their extended family!!!
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:17   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do you think its their luxury to move like this and they are doing it deliberately ? Do you sincerely think that these humans are doing it for sake of fun or trying to run into disaster.

We must understand that having a car in India is still for a person who is financially more than reasonably well. I am sure 99%+ of these people would love to carry their kids in car's comfort and safety. Everybody wants their family members to be safe in a car and travel in comfort, but reality crashes into their thoughts and they have to resort to these activities.
Its by compulsion and not option.
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:31   #1537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Do you think its their luxury to move like this and they are doing it deliberately ? Do you sincerely think that these humans are doing it for sake of fun or trying to run into disaster.

We must understand that having a car in India is still for a person who is financially more than reasonably well. I am sure 99%+ of these people would love to carry their kids in car's comfort and safety. Everybody wants their family members to be safe in a car and travel in comfort, but reality crashes into their thoughts and they have to resort to these activities.
Dude, relax. He never said that they are doing it for fun.

However, there is no reason, absolutely NO REASON to risk their family members' lives. Take a bus, if finance is an issue.
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:52   #1538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

the question is not about doing it deliberately or vice versa.
it's for their safety's sake that i care.
see that kid on the pic-i was about to cry if it had ever fallen in the way it is held-open and risky from the side, since the lady is sitting like a male-one leg on the left and other on the right, and the baby leaning on one side, causing a serious threat to the balance.
and yes, there were 2 women on that bike.
they could have taken a bus or an auto, which is much safer and cheaper than riding a platina.

Last edited by sidindica : 3rd February 2009 at 21:53.
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:57   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will such people shift to a Nano when it is released?
Or will they say it's too expensive to run?!!
Old 4th February 2009, 23:20   #1540
Senior - BHPian

Ouch. That is got to hurt.
Merc. smashed.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2527..jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2528..jpg  

Old 4th February 2009, 23:32   #1541
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

SO just because somebody does not have a car its okay for them to risk lives of others. Remember, if he was going to kill his own family its his problem, but if he falls in front of a truck, the poor truck drivers life would be ruined, because over here bigger vehicle is always at fault.
Even in US there are people who don't have a car. They take the bus/train etc., they don't go riding with their extended family on a bike!
Old 5th February 2009, 07:39   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
SO just because somebody does not have a car its okay for them to risk lives of others. Remember, if he was going to kill his own family its his problem, but if he falls in front of a truck, the poor truck drivers life would be ruined, because over here bigger vehicle is always at fault.
Even in US there are people who don't have a car. They take the bus/train etc., they don't go riding with their extended family on a bike!
Quote:
it's for their safety's sake that i care.
Agreed he is risking his family members life and also I agree that this was wrong. That man absolutely has done a wrong thing.
But taking public transport is the worst option one can have. The quality of people available in bus and train are not good, that is what my experience in two cities of Gujarat prove.
A small experience : Yesterday I had to travel to A'bad for project. Dad did not allow me car citing my short tempered nature. Friend told not to take bus, we went in train. My friend's psp was almost snatched away from him by a group of people who are well defined as Scum of the earth. Decided to do this journey on bike as
1) I will have personal mobility and
2) I will be more at peace.

But, again, I think this man could have taken two rides to transport his family. Risking life like was a bad idea that too with kids.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:34   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the Old E class.
And i agree with Tsk. Take a auto,taxi,bus, as i can see its noida bridge so they cant take train though. Trust me bike is unsafe even for 2 people riding on it and carrying so many is damn dangerous!
I rode my bike for around 4-5 years of school and college life so i know what i am saying.

@aago- A bit of inconvenience is small cost than risking the life of yours and your family imo.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:52   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mate please buy them a car as per your reasoning and we can end this debate right here.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:18   #1545
Senior - BHPian

maruthis new car that can be crash landed

the brand new a star crash landed to the courtyard of a home , it was a brand new car and was having a for registration sticker on its number plates
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image000.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-i.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks