Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2009, 09:48   #1651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTripperGH View Post
Name what car this is I'll be thoroughly impressed.
Looks like a Ford Mondeo to me.
Old 14th February 2009, 09:55   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, we didn't register a case against Ford India. We had full insurance on it the vehicle so it really did not seem worth the trouble of going through our justice system and waiting for five years for a verdict so we just left it. The only thing that was modded was the ICE but no engine mods or anything. We got in contact with Ford to let them know about the incident just in case they wanted to see it from an R&D point of view, but no news has been heard from them. Let's just hope that it won't take another Ford car for their eyes to open =\.

As for another user asking for more details there really aren't anymore details. The engine is so badly burned that it looks nearly impossible to decipher what actually happened. I presume that it must be an engine fault. The temperature gauge read normal, the lights and ICE were working fine while the engine was smoking and the car was running. So it really does just seem quite like a freak accident. Everyone inside the car [including myself] are safe, not one person had even a scratch which is quite lucky in my opinion.
So Ford claims no responsibility for the accident ? What is their stance ? I thought you atleast deserved a replacement car!!

And yes to come out of such a situation, even I'd call plain lucky.
Old 14th February 2009, 12:51   #1653
BHPian

I happened to witness this accident on 5th feb in race couse road at 2:45pm.
i was on my RX, some mins before this lancer would have landed on me, it was speeding in the opposite direction and bang it landed in front of me.

I am just plane lucky guy to post this here.

me & pillion manged to pull out the co passenger by breaking the glass and pulling her out, driver escaped with some minor injuries but the co passenger had a very bad bleeding nose and mouth courtesy not wearing seat belt i witnessed some college id near the car.

Some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image042.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image043.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image044.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image039.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image040.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image041.jpg  

Old 14th February 2009, 13:43   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
i was on my RX, some mins before this lancer would have landed on me, i

I am just plane lucky guy to post this here.
praJEEP, congrats on the little miracle! Your time has not come yet, LOL!
HE decides it, not nincompoops doing stunts in their Lancers!
May the charm stay with you!
Old 14th February 2009, 18:22   #1655
BHPian

Close shave. The only solution that I see to these accidents it to have medians that are of reasonable height. Something like this

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-44447731._i1c4727.jpg

In case a car manages to hit, it is less likely to take off. Also it can prevent people crossing the road in a haphazard manner. Two wheeler and Autos climbing over the divider to get to the other side.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2009 at 23:50. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 15th February 2009, 13:34   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
As for another user asking for more details there really aren't anymore details. The engine is so badly burned that it looks nearly impossible to decipher what actually happened. I presume that it must be an engine fault. The temperature gauge read normal, the lights and ICE were working fine while the engine was smoking and the car was running. So it really does just seem quite like a freak accident. Everyone inside the car [including myself] are safe, not one person had even a scratch which is quite lucky in my opinion.
Hey Day Tripper, Just for the record can you please clarify which car model it was.?. Just to satisfy my curiosity.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:12   #1657
Senior - BHPian

5 killed in this accident

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu / Coimbatore News : Five youths killed in accident

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2009021656540401.jpg

Quote:
COIMBATORE: Five youths from Kerala were killed when the car in which they were travelling to Udhagamandalam rammed a stationary lorry at Teachers’ Colony at Karamadai near Mettupalayam in the early hours of Sunday.
According to police, Prasad (23), Prashob (22), Rahul (23), Sabareesh (22) and Gibson (20) were killed on the spot.
Students in Ernakulam All of them were said to be students of different institutions in Ernakulam.
The lorry was parked well away from the road. The car was said to have veered off the road and crashed into the left side of the lorry.
I wonder what exactly happened. And all five in the car killed is quite tragic
Can someone identify which car this is?
Old 16th February 2009, 15:15   #1658
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Wagon R.

Very tragic. RIP.

Looks like a very bad accident.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:24   #1659
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
i think its a wagonR.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:34   #1660
Senior - BHPian

RIP

its a wagon R
howcome roof is ripped off completely and headlamps still intact after hitting a truck?
Old 16th February 2009, 15:50   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Headlamp a give away - WagorR.

Roof completely gone, so we can guess how the end might have been! :(

I guess it went under the truck. With minimal damage to the front, I wonder what truck it was and why it did not have the collision bar at the back. But then, did the car hit the truck at the back, as assumed?

Poor souls, young age! May their souls RIP!

And a tragic loss for their parents.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:39   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
RIP

its a wagon R
howcome roof is ripped off completely and headlamps still intact after hitting a truck?

Maybe rescuers had to cut thru the roof to reach in.
Old 17th February 2009, 00:41   #1663

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
RIP

its a wagon R
This looks like the driver must have slept off when driving and the car must have veered to the left ,when the front must have hit the rearo left of the truck.
seat belts also look doubtful

anyways ...a sad ending to young lives
Old 17th February 2009, 10:29   #1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Hey Day Tripper, Just for the record can you please clarify which car model it was.?. Just to satisfy my curiosity.
Absolutely. It was a 2006 Ford Fiesta Diesel. The first ones to be produced, even before the cosmetic changes to the speedo, so it was the kind produced within the first three months of the Fiesta's release.
[Now they go 10-20-40. Mine went 10-30-50]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
So Ford claims no responsibility for the accident ? What is their stance ? I thought you atleast deserved a replacement car!!

And yes to come out of such a situation, even I'd call plain lucky.
Haha no responsibility? They don't even know about it yet!!! Pardon my language but if they at least pulled their heads out of their asses for a little bit of time they could take a look at it to help themselves out. The saddest part is that one of my good friends is the son of Ford's MD for Asia at the time of it's production and accident [he recently just got transferred]. Sadly even with such an extremely lucky connection [yes, I have told him about it, and I do realise that I'm fortunate enough to know him personally so that if I really was making a loss I could have it compensated] Ford is neglecting what it needs the most - its customers.

I know I sound like I'm quite sour about it but really i'm not. I have my insurance for it and as long as I'm not making a total loss I guess I just have to live with it thanks to our incredibly swift judicial system.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:06   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdriver View Post
This looks like the driver must have slept off when driving and the car must have veered to the left ,when the front must have hit the rearo left of the truck.
seat belts also look doubtful

anyways ...a sad ending to young lives
The local papers say that they swerved to avoid another vehicle and ended up rear ending the truck in the process.

Most Viewed