Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 17:17   #1741
BHPian

And If I am not wrong, it is parked in front of Continental Auto, on Mathura Road.

\N
Old 28th February 2009, 22:02   #1742
BHPian

There was an accident in Hosur Main Road, Bangalore, near Narayana Hrudayalaya in the early morning. A big truck came up the wrong side of the road and a canter banged into it. The Canter on the right most lane at the time of the accident. Later I was told by someone that the driver of the smaller trucker died and the lifeless body was in the cabin for many hours.

BH.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-octo8559.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-octo8558.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-octo8561.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-octo8562.jpg  

Last edited by BurningHeart : 28th February 2009 at 22:06.
Old 28th February 2009, 22:23   #1743
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
There was an accident in Hosur Main Road, Bangalore, near Narayana Hrudayalaya in the early morning. A big truck came up the wrong side of the road and a canter banged into it.
Thats shocking! Someone paid with his life for another moron's ireverence and blatant disregard for the law.

We've had numerous incidents of accidents caused by TVS50s riding down the wrong side of the highway, and so on. Highway patrols should really take the menace caused by driving on the wrong side of the highway VERY seriously and punish the offenders.

Between, i wonder how both the drivers didnt notice each other aiming for a head-on?!
Old 28th February 2009, 22:50   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was an accident in Hosur Main Road, Bangalore, near Narayana Hrudayalaya in the early morning. A big truck came up the wrong side of the road and a canter banged into it. The Canter on the right most lane at the time of the accident. Later I was told by someone that the driver of the smaller trucker died and the lifeless body was in the cabin for many hours.

BH.
From the looks of it, both the vehicles got damaged very badly! I would have been shocked if the canter guy had survived! Drunk & sleepy truck drivers are really the 'yamrajs' on our roads!
Old 28th February 2009, 23:56   #1745
BHPian

The driver of the truck, even if he has survived the crash should be beaten. For no fault of the canter guy, he lost his own life.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd March 2009 at 02:35.
Old 1st March 2009, 00:10   #1746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Sorry about to hear about it, Amit!

And is this not the same Swift, which also had his friends, that BlackPearl had mentioned earlier? This accident happened at around 1.30~ am and the guys were celebrating a job offer that one of them got, isnt it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Happywheels even i was thinking of the same accident pics posted with a newspaper link by blackpearl.

Amit is it the same one.

may your friends soul rest in peace.
sorry for a late answer, but it is the same accident. BlackPearl mentioned about the same incident.
Old 1st March 2009, 17:43   #1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
The driver of the truck, even if he has survived the crash should be beaten. For no fault of the canter guy, he lost his own life.
Hi,
Will this beating up solve the problem!
Will it bring back the driver who died?

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd March 2009 at 02:34. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 1st March 2009, 20:13   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
The driver of the truck, even if he has survived the crash should be beaten to death. For no fault of the canter guy, he lost his own life.
I am sure he was good enough to use his limbs to run away. May be trembling a bit from the accident shock. But otherwise the bugger must have hid his sorry hide somewhere safe. As you see, there is little damage for the big truck's cabin.

There seems to be accidents everywhere in Bangalore. This afternoon, I stepped out for lunch and somewhere near the MAYTAS flyover landing near Infosys, a reckless auto driver (indeed they pack in upto 7 people around them, before speeding off; with those FFE beating exhaust notes in a hurry to pick the next 7) knocked down a family of three - a 30 something couple and a 4 year old boy - from the small Aptiva they were riding and (God knows how) he has managed to topple the auto twice over (judging by the distance between the two vehicles).

Just before the police man arrived at the spot (he came sitting WITH the driver in another auto), the fellow auto drivers got the auto to stand alright and hid the broken windscreen!! (see the third picture)

The worst part is that the police who arrived at the site, got into an auto (sitting along side the driver again!) along with 6 other people and left the scene in a hurry. Then he came back after 15 min. to note down the numbers of the vehicles on a scratch pad.

In the fourth picture, you can see all the fella drivers rounding the family. It can be so scary and with a wife & kid in the scene, you will agree to anything these morons have to say. With a police in the pocket, that makes it a (sponge) cake walk.

I got frustrated after a while, talking to the auto drivers and I left. What a freaked up society. Bangalore, I cringe at the mention of your name.

BH.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-octo8634.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-octo8635.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-octo8637.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-octo8644.jpg  

Last edited by BurningHeart : 1st March 2009 at 20:30.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:20   #1749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdriver View Post
Hi,
Will this beating up solve the problem!
Will it bring back the driver who died?
Interesting incident today... Ghazipur crossing, Delhi, for those who know the area. An auto decided to do a "wrong side" run, and was caught by a traffic cop, who slapped him very hard a couple of times and let him go. When I pulled up next to the cop, I thanked him and told him he should have done the job with a stick. The cop put on a very rueful face and said that he had managed to hurt his hand! I really felt sorry for the guy...
Old 1st March 2009, 23:50   #1750
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The worst part is that the police who arrived at the site, got into an auto (sitting along side the driver again!) along with 6 other people and left the scene in a hurry. Then he came back after 15 min. to note down the numbers of the vehicles on a scratch pad.

. It can be so scary and with a wife & kid in the scene, you will agree to anything these morons have to say. With a police in the pocket, that makes it a (sponge) cake walk.

What a freaked up society. Bangalore, I cringe at the mention of your name.
BH, if you read through, you'd find the sequence of events quite similar to what i faced here.

Auto_menace
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:21   #1751
Senior - BHPian

at NH8, Gurgaon

Today morning around 8:30 AM saw this Sumo turned aside on NH8 Gurgaon, opposite 32nd Milestone towards Jaipur.

There was a heavy traffic jam because of this.

Not sure of the people inside the vehicle, but the front windshield was out and rest there was not much damage visible.

P.S. Excuse for multiple pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap388539.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap392960.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap393035.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap393186.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap393242.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap393302.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap393453.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2009, 10:36   #1752
Senior - BHPian

Happened in the wee hours of Sunday morning, just outside Paras Hospital in DLF Phase V, Gurgaon
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-picture-008.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-picture-009.jpg

Occupants survived. The vehicle was proceeding in the direction opposite to what you see in the pics, hit the embankment, toppled & went across the divider. The road curves at that point so it was either a high speed drive gone wrong or it was alchohol.
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:20   #1753
BHPian

With one of the best road infrastructure in India, NCR also seems to have more accidents. Its hightime the City management wakes up and does something to impart driving discipline.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:01   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Interesting incident today... Ghazipur crossing, Delhi, for those who know the area. An auto decided to do a "wrong side" run, and was caught by a traffic cop, who slapped him very hard a couple of times and let him go. When I pulled up next to the cop, I thanked him and told him he should have done the job with a stick. The cop put on a very rueful face and said that he had managed to hurt his hand! I really felt sorry for the guy...
The Cop should have fined the Auto driver; these rouge drivers will learn a lesson only when they loose money from their pockets and also loose the license to drive.

Slapping really will not help he will get used to this mode of punishment and knows at most he will be slapped and let go free.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:54   #1755
BHPian

Quote:

BH.
Pardon me, but it looks like the Canter was going the wrong way. Can someone clarify?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks