Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2009, 10:33   #1906
Senior - BHPian

The Nala seems to have a wall about 1.5 feet. How did the biker manage not to see it?

All across the nala? Wow! He must have been at a very high speed!

Quote:
the rider suffered injury to his spinal cord and can no longer walk.
sorry to hear about that.
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:01   #1907
BHPian

LOLz

That bike is going to stay there for years to come.

I hate the concept of open **** Nala - only in India!

Entrepreneur Tip of the day - Clean the nala and covert it into Venice style romantic boat ride for tourists and citizens.
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:15   #1908
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
the guy was on the wrong side of the road at around 1 in the night. and he went off the road at a very high speed.
He must have tried this before. He got away with it. But then i think he pushed it too far.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd March 2009 at 22:21. Reason: Post edited a little. Lets not get too harsh and personal especially since we do not know the facts for certain.
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:47   #1909
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
the guy was on the wrong side of the road at around 1 in the night. and he went off the road at a very high speed.

My father took away the keys of my bike because i rode the bike once on the footpath before getting into our apartment complex. He let me ride only after 3 months. I never rode on the footpath again.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd March 2009 at 22:21. Reason: Post edited a little. Lets not get too harsh and personal especially since we do not know the facts for certain.
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:54   #1910
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
My father took away the keys of my bike because i rode the bike once on the footpath before getting into our apartment complex. He let me ride only after 3 months. I never rode on the footpath again.
I drove about 10 mts on the wrong side of the road to park my car at a restaurant.
Was with my family that day.
My dad

Now even though its 10 years since that incident. Its a very very rare chance that my car/bike face the wrong side of the road.
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:02   #1911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ spitfire, bblost: My standing ovation to your fathers for dispensing knowledge of the rules of the road the hard way. And a standing ovation to my own father too (over 20 years after he passed away).

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 23rd March 2009 at 18:04.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:19   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If every child were bought up in this manner am sure there would have been very less offenders on road...

Old 23rd March 2009, 23:35   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
If every child were bought up in this manner am sure there would have been very less offenders on road...

Buddy now we are traveling in wrong direction. Now a days parents feels proud when their son does some thing wrong like this. U can see many a time the Kids hold the Steering of car sitting in lap of the Parent/Elder.
Old 24th March 2009, 01:35   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

I'd doubt that big time! If my dad did that, the rebel in me would goad me to ride on footpaths for the rest of my life. Luckily my dad never did anything of the kind, and so I'v hardly ever driven/ridden on footpaths...

Last edited by Raccoon : 24th March 2009 at 01:37.
Old 24th March 2009, 03:43   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I don't know where A8 keeps its battery. But i'm curious to know how the brake lights are ON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Torqy: Good catch. Sidindica, they are two different cars not a single A8 split in to two.
@torqy and madrash - I maybe wrong here but I dont think the brake lights are on, but a mere reflection of the camera light, if u notice the other pic the brake lights dont seem to be on.
Old 24th March 2009, 07:03   #1916
Senior - BHPian

After a spate of accidents involving under aged drivers with powerful cars, Renuka Choudhury had said that the concerned parents also should be arrested along with the driver. In the west the liability is with the vehicle owner/insured if an under aged driver causes an accident.
Old 24th March 2009, 07:08   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Way to go!

And, we have the above set of people....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I'd doubt that big time! If my dad did that, the rebel in me would goad me to ride on footpaths for the rest of my life. Luckily my dad never did anything of the kind, and so I'v hardly ever driven/ridden on footpaths...
... and this set.

No wonder the forum is so active! The "Yin & Yang" effect.
Old 24th March 2009, 09:53   #1918
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
the rebel in me
Trust me i went through the same. I argued with him that it was only once and that he is being too harsh.

His reply, every time i argue the key stays with him for another month. 6 months the bike is not ridden it gets sold. And i knew he was not bluffing.

I needed the bike to carry my cricket kit to practise everyday and to get to college too.

When we got the bike home for the first time and he handed me the keys, he had politely pointed to the RC book to show his name on it. He asked me to remember that always.
Old 24th March 2009, 10:03   #1919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...When we got the bike home for the first time and he handed me the keys, he had politely pointed to the RC book to show his name on it. He asked me to remember that always.
SpitFire,

You father sure has a way! Am starting to like him more and more! He sure does know how to get a point across.
Old 24th March 2009, 10:10   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
After a spate of accidents involving under aged drivers with powerful cars, Renuka Choudhury had said that the concerned parents also should be arrested along with the driver. In the west the liability is with the vehicle owner/insured if an under aged driver causes an accident.
Its not just in the West. If anyone reads the terms in a learners license, something to this effect is clearly mentioned. Also, the liability of a minor even in this country only lies with their parent. The difference though is the enforcement, no need to mention anything about this to any citizen of this country. Its these very politicians who are responsible for such ghastly state of affairs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks