Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 11:24   #2176
Senior - BHPian

Sad...many lies were lost and bus damaged badly..

i feel pedistrians everywhere are irresponsible, they try to cross the road where ever they want and in most of the places the zebra crossing is a joke...guess its ment for zebras to cross!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
trying to save a pedestrian = loss of some lives on board the bus + extensive damage to vehicle. When will pedestrians on highway understand how to cross a road.
Old 30th April 2009, 13:35   #2177
Senior - BHPian

Todays TOI delhi carried a new in which 6 person were killed when the Maruti 800 they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck parked in the middle of the a dimly lit road becuase it had ran out of diesel!
Such apathy!
Old 30th April 2009, 13:44   #2178
Team-BHP Support

If one were to analyze a lot of accidents on the highway, it can be seen that trucks parked in the middle of the road are among the major factors. Add poor road lighting, and absence of any markers or lights indicating their presence, and we have the perfect recipe for disaster.

In almost all cases, the truckers manage to escape, while innocent lives get snuffed out.
Old 30th April 2009, 14:57   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If one were to analyze a lot of accidents on the highway, it can be seen that trucks parked in the middle of the road are among the major factors. Add poor road lighting, and absence of any markers or lights indicating their presence, and we have the perfect recipe for disaster.
True. After having experience a near accident once myself, I can vouch for this.

While driving from Bangalore to Trichur, in May 2007, some where around Perundurai, I noticed a truck standing right in the middle of the road. The driver wanted to take a right turn, and was waiting for the traffic from ahead to stop. However, the truck neither had indicators nor were the rear warning lamps working. At the time of seeing the truck, I had just overtaken a bus - I was doing about 80, while the bus was doing atleast 70~75. I slammed the brakes hard. Luckily the bus driver saw the danger ahead and he quickly took the bus off the road while slamming the brake. What if the bus driver did not have that presence of mind to slam brakes immediately and turn away?

The truck was a tanker - one which carries Acid.

Its high time the transport authorities tighten checking to ensure that trucks without proper lamps are not permitted on highways.

Trucks stopping on highways should also be banned. In case of breakdowns, they should be quickly towed away.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:39   #2180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post

Its high time the transport authorities tighten checking to ensure that trucks without proper lamps are not permitted on highways.

Trucks stopping on highways should also be banned. In case of breakdowns, they should be quickly towed away.
Yeah. And what makes it worse is that the truck drivers surround the trucks with stones and branches when they brakdown and once the truck is repaired and gone, the stones are left as they are on the road causing a major hazard!
Old 30th April 2009, 17:06   #2181
Senior - BHPian

ohh yes, once i missed a huge stone thanks to one of those truck guys...it really can be a disastrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Yeah. And what makes it worse is that the truck drivers surround the trucks with stones and branches when they brakdown and once the truck is repaired and gone, the stones are left as they are on the road causing a major hazard!
Old 1st May 2009, 13:10   #2182
Senior - BHPian

This is what happens when you drive fast / race within city limits that too on uneven and sharp turn roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-05042009167.jpg  

Old 1st May 2009, 13:15   #2183
Senior - BHPian

oh man such a bad crash, how and where did this happen.
hope there were no casualties.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:50   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
This is what happens when you drive fast / race within city limits that too on uneven and sharp turn roads.
Jeez thats a bad crash. Hope no one was injured. The A & B Pillars are totally flattened due to to the impact and the roof has also caved in.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:59   #2185
Senior - BHPian

oh my god that swift has taken a bad beating ... just hope that the passengers are safe. I know by the looks that's too much to ask for ...
Old 1st May 2009, 14:39   #2186
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the Swift just went under something - maybe a truck or something.

Very bad! Very unfortunate!
Old 1st May 2009, 14:52   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Seems road accidents were not enough, read on newspaper yesterday about a moron took away the idle train and rammed it with another goods train, seems roads are not enough for them.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:54   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Which location is it? Seems like IT PARK, when did it occur?
Old 1st May 2009, 15:29   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Shucks! that swifts done for! Where is this place? seems it went straight under a lorry or something. MAybe at night and the lorry did not have an tail lamps. I hope, gulp, there were no casualities!
Old 1st May 2009, 17:05   #2190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Seems like the Swift just went under something - maybe a truck or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
seems it went straight under a lorry or something.
Nope, the Swift rolled over onto its roof. Not very strong A & B pillars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks