Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 12:57   #2356
Senior - BHPian

thats a sad crash for Santro. 10 people in such a small car, start taking life seriously and roads dangerously.
Old 19th May 2009, 15:08   #2357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
This is from today's newspaper.
Santro, laden with 10 people, including 4 children. (3 Died)
Rammed into a stationary Sumo on the road side, evening around 4.30 pm. in good daylight.
I guess it there must have been 4 people in the front alone, cramping the driver who must have found it tough to turn the car away from the Sumo at the right moment.
This happens quite commonly, overpacking the front seat, restricting the driver, not knowing the potential dangers...!!!
Ten people in a Santro!! That makes me think the Nano will not serve one of the purposes it supposed to be intended for - safely carry a small family.... instead of cramming them on a 2 wheeler. Two wheelers can be crammed with 4-5 people... Santros/Nanos/etc can be crammed with 10 people... you are back to where you started from... lol! I suppose people who want to make things unsafe will do it... even if you give them a bus.

Last edited by Raccoon : 19th May 2009 at 15:09.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:25   #2358
Senior - BHPian

I'm not finished fantasizing how can 10 people fit in Santro. How can anyone possibly achieve this feat? Must be a record of some sort. I'm sure there must be a couple of kids stuffed in the boot area.
Old 19th May 2009, 20:21   #2359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
This is from today's newspaper.
Santro, laden with 10 people, including 4 children. (3 Died)
blood stains on the doors, windhield & road.

firstly he was carrying 10 people in a santro & on top of that, he was speeding to the extent that the car got so badly damaged.
Old 19th May 2009, 21:30   #2360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
blood stains on the doors, windhield & road.

firstly he was carrying 10 people in a santro & on top of that, he was speeding to the extent that the car got so badly damaged.
First of all its hard to imagine how he managed 10 people in the little hyundai, a 5 is a squeeze in the Santro. I will not be surprised if its found that two of the kids were seated in the luggage compartment.

Secondly, when we have traffic police handing over tickets for not wearing seatbelts and talking on phone while driving, I wonder how the serious over loading went unchecked.

Really sad. May the souls attain peace and injured recover fast.

Do not know why people do not learn from such incidents and take a Bus/Train instead of proudly ferrying around relatives and relative's relatives in little hatchbacks.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 19th May 2009 at 21:32.
Old 19th May 2009, 23:14   #2361
BHPian

In continuation from my previous post….accidents,..road safety and killer trucks

The fact and insider information is like most things in India the proto type passes the crash test and the production version are completely different and I heard this from a very reliable source in the case of Volvo body building also.

The material and steel sections for the support structure pillars (subframe , superstructure and elevation) are compromised to make it cost effective and the rear end is the most venerable. I believe it doesn’t even have a support column behind the giant FRP back piece moulding. Imagine the rear impact the bus takes..for sure there will be some fatalities at the reat in such a case. I wanted to click pics of the KPN bus at Toppur on the 16th May 09 night and the poor lighting and rain didn’t permit to prove this classic example.

Mike
Old 19th May 2009, 23:44   #2362
BHPian

I am shocked to see the Bus accident..Similar accident (Bus hitting a stationary truck with wodden logs) happened in Kerala around 3 years back (Guruvayoor-Ernakulam route) and 7 ladies died on the spot in whicg few of them were nuns. When will the authorities open theie eyes?.May their RIP.
Old 20th May 2009, 00:22   #2363
Senior - BHPian

This accident happened on Sunday evening at Calicut NH Bye-pass before entering the city. One killed and all others serious injured in the accident. This innova had a collision with a truck on a high speed which caused such a great damage!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-18052009.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-18052009001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-18052009002.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-18052009003.jpg  

Old 20th May 2009, 00:53   #2364
Senior - BHPian

I'm surprised anyone made it out alive from the Innova crash! Horrible!!
Old 20th May 2009, 02:39   #2365
Senior - BHPian

Thats a ghastly crash , the left side of the innova is badly mangled. Looks like it's a taxi seeing the yellow number plate in the 3rd picture. He must be sppeding for sure to end up in such a mess
Old 20th May 2009, 05:00   #2366
Senior - BHPian

Saw these Badly crashed Zypsies at a Junkyard in Delhi , this is the first time that i saw mangled Army Zypsies . I always thought that they were rigourously trained to drive safely
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-zypsy.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-zypsy1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-zypsy2.jpg  

Old 20th May 2009, 05:38   #2367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
He was driving at speeds of 80-90 kmph on that stretch...
..Why dont the passengers complain when they can see the driver driving rashly? No one seems bothered and the false notion that they will reach early if they let him drive like he pleases has proved fatal so many times.
Anyone who frequents this Blr-Mlr route will agree that the Volvo drivers (especially Airawat) drive recklessly like mad. Overtaking with such close shaves, swaying swinging, speeding - they misuse the power of these buses to the fullest extent with no concern to other road users.
Absolutely another case of high speed rash and negligent driving.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 20th May 2009 at 05:40.
Old 20th May 2009, 08:03   #2368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
This innova had a collision with a truck on a high speed which caused such a great damage!
The innova seems to be pretty new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I always thought that they were rigourously trained to drive safely
They must be. But over work and deprived of sleep can make many cars and gypsies go under big rigs, like the one in the last 2 pics.
Old 20th May 2009, 09:53   #2369
Senior - BHPian

The innova crash looks gruesome, and whoever survived must thank their almighty for the same. Yellow board, I guess rash driving.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:41   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
The innova crash looks gruesome, and whoever survived must thank their almighty for the same. Yellow board, I guess rash driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Thats a ghastly crash , the left side of the innova is badly mangled. Looks like it's a taxi seeing the yellow number plate in the 3rd picture. He must be sppeding for sure to end up in such a mess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I'm surprised anyone made it out alive from the Innova crash! Horrible!!
Ya it's a taxi from Kannur (KL-13), but can't really say what happened as the accident was occured a night back & I spotted it next day. All the information got from the individual who were there!

Most Viewed