Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 12:37   #2986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
And this person has big 'L's on the car
The 'L' is probably for someone else who drives the car.
Quote:
Saving grace was he was trying his stunts on a deserted beach which hopefully prevented others from being injured on account of his stupidity..
At times he was too close to the stunt camera man.
What a nice way to ruin a vacation.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:40   #2987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
And this person has big 'L's on the car
Saving grace was he was trying his stunts on a deserted beach which hopefully prevented others from being injured on account of his stupidity..
I guess the Wagon R is also a new car and the driver completely deserves it. I am thankful though, that he got his lesson without having others to suffer.

For the accident at BLR-Mysore roads, no words to describe. I think the veggie truck driver is to be blamed completely for this. He is broken the median and rammed into the SUMO which tells me that he is well above the speed limits , that too in a truck. RIP to the departed souls. Such news makes me think , whatever we do and drive safely, lifes just so unpredictable!.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:41   #2988
Distinguished - BHPian

Notice the "L" in the back window?

Young inexperienced idiots playing kiddy games with a lethal weapon. As to the closing title, this is one instance where I feel the insurance company should find a way to wriggle out of paying. It should be a long time before such kids can afford another car.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:56   #2989
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Notice the "L" in the back window?

Young inexperienced idiots playing kiddy games with a lethal weapon. As to the closing title, this is one instance where I feel the insurance company should find a way to wriggle out of paying. It should be a long time before such kids can afford another car.
I'm hoping the insurance company somehow gets this video and this actually happens. Morons !! (MH 04 AW 2065 in case they google for it )

Last edited by NIP : 31st July 2009 at 12:58.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:55   #2990
Distinguished - BHPian

My their souls R.I.P.

The Mysore road accident is a ghastly one and this is one road where one needs to drive very safely and leave the rest to his/her fate. Practically.....Imagine being hit by a lorry which flies from the other side of the divider??This would've happened even if the Sumo was doing a 40kmph run but with a few lesser deaths.

I will usually not expect such thing if I am driving on NH-4 or any other National highway but Mysore- Bangalore highway is my personal worst. A year back a Sumo jumped over the divider and hit a KSRTC bus on the opposite side.

Two heavy vehicles doing a 5 mile drag on a 4 laned highway giving no way to anybody but still holding up, the 2 wheeler rider simply tried what many of them do and probably would've overtook them both not knowing that this caused 8 lives!! Of course, It was an utterly life threatening attempt by the biker.

If no one honks, these morons make sure that they drag till their last breath and this is where powerful horns are required - again, Practically as they dont understand headlight flashing language.

Mysore- Bangalore road is by no standards a safe stretch with not so wide lanes (Two Heavy Vehicles cannot overtake each other safely all through).

I have also seen those Sand trucks parked all along (Near to Bidadi) eating away almost half of the left lane.

Our Police is more interested in "utilizing" the interceptors and nabbing the speedsters while heavy-weights like the Sand Lorries, Private Buses and Maxi Cab Mafia along with our beloved KSRTC maniacs are always ignored.

You are doing an 80kmph and you suddenly see a peeping front wheel of a 2 wheeler onto your lane wanting to enter the overtaking lane. If this is not interesting, A tractor or a caravan of Bullock carts greet you on your own lane next to the divider, But in the opposite direction

In all, I think a car would seldom get a chance to do a long run on overtaking lane for those trucks and KSRTC buses and Indicabs sticking to the divider and driving away to glory.

Many of my friends mention this as a "Very Good" highway but I say its the most unsafest - Personally, with all the examples I've encountered.

Every time I have travelled, I've seen at least one accident - Minor to Major.

The only time to Enjoy the drive is by starting at 4am and with moderate speeds you'll be in Mysore by 2 hours - Easily!! And by the way, I have seen a Fiesta Overtaking me and by the next few minutes I see this poor chap being hit by a Canter wanting to enter the highway without guaging the speed of the Fiesta. This was at 5-30am with good enough sunlight !!

I only wish this road gets safer, if not better!
Old 31st July 2009, 18:09   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
My their souls R.I.P.

The Mysore road accident is a ghastly one and this is one road where one needs to drive very safely and leave the rest to his/her fate. Practically.....Imagine being hit by a lorry which flies from the other side of the divider??This would've happened even if the Sumo was doing a 40kmph run but with a few lesser deaths.
I swear, this accident has been terrible and reading about all the people who lost their lives was even more shocking. It cost 8 lives all because of a 2 wheeler trying to squeeze in between a truck and a lorry.

I agree with the fact that this highway is unsafe with lot of traffic and so are many other highways that I have driven on.
Old 31st July 2009, 19:36   #2992
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Passed this accident enroute to work this morning. The truck laden with stones was overspeeding and finally toppled over at the end of the road which is at a fairly decent slope. Checked with the cop you see in the pic and he said, the driver over turned as he ws speeding and tried to avoid a pedestrian who darted into his path!

A pedestrian was killed and the driver seriously injured!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image163.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image164.jpg  

Old 31st July 2009, 20:02   #2993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You are doing an 80kmph and you suddenly see a peeping front wheel of a 2 wheeler onto your lane wanting to enter the overtaking lane.
very dangerous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Passed this accident enroute to work this morning. The truck laden with stones was overspeeding and finally toppled over at the end of the road which is at a fairly decent slope. Checked with the cop you see in the pic and he said, the driver over turned as he ws speeding and tried to avoid a pedestrian who darted into his path!

A pedestrian was killed and the driver seriously injured!
OMG! Where was this in BLR ?
Old 31st July 2009, 20:20   #2994
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
OMG! Where was this in BLR ?
Not too sure of the name of the road (apologies ) but it is on the stretch that leads from the Benson Town road over bridge down all the way to Pillana Garden.

The road has nice smooth tarmac and slopes down which makes morons like these drive even faster. And did you notice, the tyres are bald which obviously led to skid when he tried to brake suddenly.
Old 31st July 2009, 20:25   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Woke up to see the horrible pictures of the Sumo on Mysore road.
The scene was so horrible that it took few minutes for me to come back to normal, When i saw that vehicle while going to office in the morning.
Old 31st July 2009, 20:26   #2996
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
It cost 8 lives all because of a 2 wheeler trying to squeeze in between a truck and a lorry.
With this incident fresh in my mind, I witnessed something similar driving back home this evening. It was raining fairly heavily, the road were slick and all the vehicles on the road were keeping their speeds low. A 2 wheeler rider was playing nip and tuck for a while between two cars on New BEL Road.

Finally when the traffic flow approached an area of the road that was undergoing some work, the rider suddenly tried to dart in between a Honda Civic on the right and a slower moving Meru cab when BAM! the gap was not enough and he crashed into the Civic smashing its left rear window glass.

I was like and asked myself why do such morons even exist?
Old 31st July 2009, 20:29   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I swear, this accident has been terrible and reading about all the people who lost their lives was even more shocking. It cost 8 lives all because of a 2 wheeler trying to squeeze in between a truck and a lorry.
News from media has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Times said this is due to the above reason. DNA claims tyre bust in lorry was the reason.
Old 31st July 2009, 20:36   #2998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
cars outside a police station in pune
Both appear to be new entrants as they are relatively clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ darxide: forget the smashed lancer, i see a red A4 in your RVM!!!
the zen looks as if its a piece of wafer! not suprising considering maruti's 'weight saving' technology to maximise fuel efficiency.
the lancer looks like it had a side impact & a roll over. some rich & drunk moron behind the wheel?
True Raj about the fragile and "handle with care" Marutis.They are economical and reliable only when they are not damaged or reduced to a scrap!
Old 31st July 2009, 20:45   #2999
BANNED

Practice makes perfect. Nobody learns cycling without ever falling down. Good the he is trying on empty beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Murud beach drift accident
Pity that people - instead of admiring the spirit of the drift-learner - are shaming him. Thats the reason this country lacks any adventure spirit.
Quote:
What an idiot!
Drifts have gone bad in low slung cars too.
Quote:
That's what you get when you try to drift a tallboy!
If nobody had attempted a 'stoppie' on bike (for the fear of falling down), the world would never have seen a stoppie.
Quote:
I guess the Wagon R is also a new car and the driver completely deserves it.

Last edited by diabloo : 31st July 2009 at 20:57.
Old 31st July 2009, 20:48   #3000
Team-BHP Support

@Diabloo.

I drive a Wagon R. I redline it a couple of times and have taken her to a max of 138 (speedo) on highways.

I generally don't slow down at turns and the car holds the line perfectly.

But IMHO its downright stupid trying to do a drift on an uneven surface like a beach in a car, esp a tall boy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks