Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 15:07   #3001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Practice makes perfect. Nobody learns cycling without ever falling down. Good the he is trying on empty beach.
Yes, but nobody puts his/her child on a bicycle without support just to see him/her fall.

He did that on a empty beach that's why he was called just an idiot and not called to be shot down. His stupidity didn't cost anyone dear but himself.

Quote:
Pity that people - instead of admiring the spirit of the drift-learner - are shaming him. Thats the reason this country lacks any adventure spirit.
There's a thin line between stupidity and bravery/adventure. Trying to drift a WagonR at 80kmph comes under stupidity. Looks like you think otherwise.

Quote:
Drifts have gone bad in low slung cars too.
Then why do you wonder that we labeled this stunt as 'stupidity'.

Quote:
If nobody had attempted a 'stoppie' on bike (for the fear of falling down), the world would never have seen a stoppie.
But if one is trying a 'stoppie' for the first time at higher side of speeds (> 50kmph) without protective gear what would he/she be called?
Old 1st August 2009, 16:25   #3002
BHPian

Heard a BMW caught fire after an accident with a trailer and e familiesall 4 was unfortunately burnt to death. Any news on this??? Which BMW was it?
My condolence to the families.RIP.
Old 1st August 2009, 16:35   #3003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If nobody had attempted a 'stoppie' on bike (for the fear of falling down), the world would never have seen a stoppie.
Ok. does that mean you'll take your ferrari off-roading aswell?
Old 1st August 2009, 19:15   #3004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Heard a BMW caught fire after an accident with a trailer and e familiesall 4 was unfortunately burnt to death. Any news on this??? Which BMW was it?
My condolence to the families.RIP.
Just watched the news on TV. Somewhere in Ahmedabad. The car is completely charred, just the shell remains. Looks to be a 7 series.

All 4 people inside were BMW mechanics. The central locking system jammed and they were trapped inside.

The company has expressed surprise, saying they have never heard of such an incident happening with a BMW!
Old 1st August 2009, 19:20   #3005
Senior - BHPian

Well what diabloo is saying is being misunderstood IMO. Its just one of those crazy things that all of us would have done at some point. Have you never tried to pull off wheelies and other stunts on your bicycle? I can freely admit to have tried rollerblading down the armrest of a flight of stairs and falling down several times. This is actually pretty similar, only this guy is rich enough to wreck a car, which is something beyond most of us.
Old 1st August 2009, 19:21   #3006
Senior - BHPian

Details of BMW crash in Ahmedabad are elsewhere on the forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...s-minutes.html
Old 1st August 2009, 22:09   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
It all depends upon how the car is hit and at what speed.
I fully agree with you have said. I have had more than more my share of accidents (both on two wheeler and four wheeler & a couple clearly due to my error / judgement) - two major with bodily injuries and about half-a-dozen minor one - including driving my Palio underneath a truck - there was no rear bumper on it.
Of course, I rear ended him and it was my fault. Luckily, my speed was low (20+) and my bonnet took the impact.
At that time, I felt that the lack of bumper on the truck saved me some trouble - the front bumper and headlights would have cost a packet.
Looking at the pictures of the crumpled swift, I felt these lives have been wasted.
Please permit me to make a blanket statement - we have a lot of "educated idiots" on the road - I am amazed to see guys
(who I am sure well educated and responsible everyway), be totally irresponsible on the road.
What I am trying to say is, your vehicle and your driving will do only so much on the road - much more depends on the other drivers and vehicles.
So everyone has to be show some consideration to the other users.
Just take a look at these pictures - wanted to actually play guess which car, but I felt it was too macabre - anybody driving down from Aundh to Wakad (Pune) would have seen this - it has been lying there for more than a month - don't know any details, just that the cab collided with a heavier vehicle head on - saw it after the day of the accident and it was lying on the opposite side of the road.
Even after seeing its fate up close, I still can't change my driving style - changing oneself is easier said than done...
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sj1500016.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sj1500017.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sj1500021.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sj1500022.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sj1500023.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sj1500027.jpg  

Old 1st August 2009, 22:49   #3008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
1) a couple clearly due to my error / judgement) - two major with bodily injuries and about half-a-dozen minor one - including driving my Palio underneath a truck - there was no rear bumper on it.
Of course, I rear ended him and it was my fault.

2) Please permit me to make a blanket statement - we have a lot of "educated idiots" on the road - I am amazed to see guys
(who I am sure well educated and responsible everyway), be totally irresponsible on the road.
1) I am very happy to see that actually you admit to your mistake. Generally, in India, it fault of others in any case.

2) Correct. People dont know what they are driving. They dont know even how to open doors, they stop the car, just open the door on the roadside where traffic is going on. Worst part is daily its getting bad, and most of the mess is due to indiscipline.

3) The images you have posted are quite scary. In the second image first with just a glance I thought it was the engine bay, but later on realized it was cabin.
Of course collosion with some HCV has caused this type of damage. I think with this intensity of crash, no car can help the occupants.
Recently read the August ACI issue where they have covered the Ford IKon FE drive. They also mentioned about accidents, daily atleast 4 accidents were spotted by them.

I wonder how much worse it can get. If Indian government is still not in tension, there is something terribly wrong with them. Just consider the loss to this country just because of road accidents.
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:24   #3009
BHPian

Any one out here know about the bmw crash in armedabad ?

All four occupants burnt in the car alive
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:54   #3010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
bmw crash in armedabad
Under discussion in -->this thread
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:08   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
That's what you get when you try to drift a tallboy!
Wait, he's not even drifting. He's just randomly driving about and taking turns. I'm just glad he had sense enough to do this in an isolated area rather than a major road.
Old 3rd August 2009, 00:54   #3012
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
That's what you get when you try to drift a tallboy!
Old 3rd August 2009, 08:28   #3013
Senior - BHPian

Here's one wrecked piece from Chengalpet. It took me a while to realize what it was. An Innova. This was moved to one side of the road near a bus stop. Couldn't take a picture from the back, because of a bus coming in.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc2.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2009, 08:57   #3014
BHPian

Saturday night a Black VTEC was crashed in Mysore Road near Mc Donald’s.
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:03   #3015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Hain!? Wait a minute! Thats not even a tall boy. Thats a sedan, the size of a Lancer/Accent.

Most Viewed