Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 19:49   #3046
BANNED

Low beam at most illuminates 150ft distance ahead. Beyond 150ft its pitch dark. How can anybody drive at more than 40 in these conditions? Beyond 40, you need high beam.

Note 1: We are talking about unlit, divided highway during night (as seen in pictures)
Note 2: If there is a vehicle ahead (then its not pitch dark ahead) you can drive in low beam.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:50   #3047
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey buddy, we are analyzing the 'accident' - thats why this thread for. Investigation starts by collecting facts then making a reasonable assumption based on the facts. May be you can give fresh insight. I can't understand why we have stop just after seeing the pictures. Most are curious to know what happened.
Yea thats what I meant. We have ZERO facts for this skoda crash and we are trying to analyze that, thats all. Some of the other accidents reported here have media clips and eyewitnesses for facts/details, and so the assumptions and blame games are valid.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:56   #3048
Team-BHP Support

Banjara Hills Rd 12.
An Innova climbed the road divider in front of Vijaya bank.

No fatalities but a very angry driver was explaining to passerby's how he swerved to the right and got stuck in this awkward position.
Old 5th August 2009, 10:11   #3049
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday night in the rains, I saw a cargo auto parked properly on the divider between chromepet and pallavaram on GST road. Its front side had heavy damage.. And in another 50 meters, a SX4 and bolero were both on the middle of the road coz the Bolero rear ended the SX4... Wish people drive more sensibly in the rains...
Old 5th August 2009, 10:42   #3050
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend an NHC rear ended a Ford Ikon (yellow plated) near dairy circle. Traffic was held up for a few minutes after which sense prevailed and the drivers took their baggage to one side of the road. No substantial damage to the Ikon's rear but the NHC's front took a beating perhaps due to the crumple zones.
Old 5th August 2009, 10:54   #3051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
a very angry driver was explaining to passerby's how he swerved to the right and got stuck in this awkward position.
LOL. what was he angry about? "Ye bhi koi divider rakhne ki jagah hai?" ??
Old 5th August 2009, 11:04   #3052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
LOL. what was he angry about? "Ye bhi koi divider rakhne ki jagah hai?" ??
Guess he was angry with yet-another-biker-who-thinks-the-road-is-to-do-zigzag-racing
Old 5th August 2009, 11:12   #3053
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Guess he was angry with yet-another-biker-who-thinks-the-road-is-to-do-zigzag-racing
That is precisely what happened.

This stretch of road is a steep climb. And the divider has a break in to let vehicles from the a left turn to get on the other side.

You must experience the amazing drag races that happen on this road every morning between overloaded (8 passengers) share autos and worn out buses. If you are lucky you get stuck behind a long vestibule bus.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:35   #3054
Distinguished - BHPian

Yest, an Innova rear-ended a cab, who in turn read ended an OHC.
Nothing happened to the OHC as I guess it was a light touch, and he left. The Innova's bonnet and bumper were dented, while the car was in a better condition.
All this happened at a low speed and I was surprised at the damage done to the Innova.
BTW, this was near GD Somani School/President Hotel at around 4:30-5PM.

Another accident that took place a bit earlier was on Marine Drive when a Swift Dzire apparently hit 3 cabs. All of them were in a bad condition and according to newspaper reports, 8 people were injured.
Old 5th August 2009, 13:30   #3055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
... Wish people drive more sensibly in the rains...
It probably does not even occur to many drivers that a wet road is any different to a dry road. :(

I think we have a thread on safe rains driving...
Old 5th August 2009, 20:36   #3056
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Passed what looks like a minor accident in this pic, but as I drove past the stricken autorickshaw, a fellow motorist at the next signal who pulled up by my window mentioned that an elderly man who was riding pillion on a bike was severely injured as the bike collided with the auto.

From the pic, it does look like the auto was overloaded which led to its axel snapping suddenly.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image174.jpg  

Old 5th August 2009, 22:25   #3057
Senior - BHPian

I saw a brand new Punto today in the office parking lot, the ribbon was still there and there was a big dent on the bonnet. Perhaps went under some truck. Was in a hurry, maybe I'll try to catch some snaps tomorrow, if the car is there tomorrow that is.
Old 5th August 2009, 23:02   #3058
Senior - BHPian

That's really the worst. When your brand new car gets a sizeable nick or dent, it just makes you think that life truly sucks.
Old 6th August 2009, 00:05   #3059
Senior - BHPian

Puntos are a rare sight ( atleast in Delhi ) and imagine one with a dent. Phew!! Bad luck.
Old 6th August 2009, 19:09   #3060
Senior - BHPian

this weired accident happened today in Artemis Hospital Parking in Gurgaon, Driver of One Sonata Ambera Auto, lost control of the car, brake failed and it hits 6 cars parked there at the speed of 35. Scorpio, Swift, CRV, Wagaon R, Santro, and one more. To my utter surprise, Wagon R was damaged from rear to such extent as if somebody hit it at the speed of 90, rear right was completely gone.

CRV from right tyre was broken and bent in, rest other cars were not badly damaged.

I took few pics, will post later

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks