Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 08:18   #3091
Senior - BHPian

@sunilrj:

1) I am still wondering how the crash actually happened. Also the speed will not be very high IMHO.

2) From the images I can make out that the tipper body was on the bonnet of Linea, and the damage is visible on the front end of Linea. The fact that Linea has a strong structure definitely has helped, but from the looks of the car, I am sure they were a bit lucky too to have escaped. I am happy to see that Fiat car's structural integrity is not compromised.
Can you tell that how actually the crash happened ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 9th August 2009 at 08:21.
Old 9th August 2009, 08:36   #3092
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That indeed is a miraculous escape. Seeing the remains of the Linea it is hard to believe somone actually survived such an event.
Old 9th August 2009, 08:47   #3093
Distinguished - BHPian

Passengers escaping that - I can still imagine. But how did the person driving the car walk out after all that ? That's a blessed family ..

And that truck look like it just came out of a fender-bender !
Old 9th August 2009, 08:57   #3094
Senior - BHPian

Not an accident but, waiting to happen. This truck is actually moving and the kilner is working at the engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image1949.jpg  

Old 9th August 2009, 09:37   #3095
BHPian

@sunilrj:

Wow what a wreck! Still wondering how that blessed family escaped such a accident as the car itself is filled with the stones.
Old 9th August 2009, 09:40   #3096
Senior - BHPian

Escaping I understand, but surely the stone shower would have injured the occupants 99.9% of the time. Lucky indeed.
Old 9th August 2009, 10:33   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
@sunilrj:

1) I am still wondering how the crash actually happened. Also the speed will not be very high IMHO.

2) From the images I can make out that the tipper body was on the bonnet of Linea, and the damage is visible on the front end of Linea. The fact that Linea has a strong structure definitely has helped, but from the looks of the car, I am sure they were a bit lucky too to have escaped. I am happy to see that Fiat car's structural integrity is not compromised.
Can you tell that how actually the crash happened ?

Aaggoswami the crash happend on a Highway. this highway is quite curvy. both vehicles were doing 70+

details of the accident: on a curve both vehicles came head on!

the tipper body was on the bonnet of the linea and the granite was emptied on the Linea. Imagine having about 10 tonnes of granite coming down on you. yes the Family was Lucky to have escaped too, but having seen marutis flatted to form a Naan when a truck has capsized on them, this IMHO can be attributed to the tough build quality.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2009, 10:35   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Passengers escaping that - I can still imagine. But how did the person driving the car walk out after all that ? That's a blessed family ..

And that truck look like it just came out of a fender-bender !
the person driving the car, not only walked out but even clicked the first few pics which do not have the Tag DSCxxxx
Old 9th August 2009, 11:10   #3099
BHPian

Sunil, those are scary pics from any angle, irrespective of speeds of the vehicle. A colleague of mine had a similar escape in Palio when a lorry slammed into his vehicle from side. All passengers, including driver, his wife and their son escaped unhurt and the car was repaired subsequently. "Built Like Tank" indeed.
Old 9th August 2009, 11:16   #3100
BHPian

Even inside the car is also filled with the Granite... I dont what happenig to this LINEA. Lots of damaged LINEA is visible on this road now a days Is people gone FIDA with the looks of the car and loosing concentration. In my apartment also one guys car got damaged with in a 7 days :(
Old 9th August 2009, 11:19   #3101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Even inside the car is also filled with the Granite... I dont what happenig to this LINEA. Lots of damaged LINEA is visible on this road now a days Is people gone FIDA with the looks of the car and loosing concentration. In my apartment also one guys car got damaged with in a 7 days :(

its the otheay round.. people lose concentration and bang into the Linea. its like seeing a girl walking on the footpath and rear ending the vehicle in front of you!
Old 9th August 2009, 11:27   #3102
BHPian

sunil, thats one heck of a crash. Owners are really lucky to have survived.
Can't help but wonder that opting for the Linea and airbags was the best decision in their life!

Also how did they escape the stone missiles (IMO airbags couldn't have helped here)?

Would like to know how the occupants felt during the crash, how they escaped injuries, got out etc ... please put out all the gory details!
Old 9th August 2009, 11:32   #3103
Senior - BHPian

@ Sunil,
So this was the totally totalled Linea you were talking about, man its terrifyin and scary I can only think of the plight of the poor family and the worsts worst to happen to get a total loss after taking delivery, sends shudders down my spine.
I have even more respect for my Linea now, its surely built like a tank, first the palio crash and now this Linea either luck is with fiat owners or the cars are built too well. Whatever the plastics be this car is strong
Good they are buyin another Linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Is people gone FIDA with the looks of the car and loosing concentration. In my apartment also one guys car got damaged with in a 7 days :(
Yups, in Delhi am regularly seeing scratched lineas all over and some even banged from all sides. How can the owners do this? Am so possesive that i avoid taking Linea to markets where i know my beauty will be scratched, Scorpio is best for those places.
Old 9th August 2009, 12:31   #3104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Not an accident but, waiting to happen. This truck is actually moving and the kilner is working at the engine bay.
Is Kilner = Cleaner?
Old 9th August 2009, 12:44   #3105
Senior - BHPian

sunil, ah that pics are scary , surely thats what Fiat is all about their quality and good to see the family safe and booked fiat again.

Most Viewed