Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 16:03   #3151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewithwind View Post
No idea.It was carrying automobile accessories.
Some one might be inspired by the Fast and the Furious Series.
Old 13th August 2009, 17:38   #3152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewithwind View Post
No idea.It was carrying automobile accessories.
What accessories? These?

Old 13th August 2009, 17:57   #3153
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

On our way back from Panchagani, we seen an accident where a truck had fallen over a small bridge. Dont have pics of the truck since it was already removed. However have pics of the cargo that was scattered under the bridge and on the road. Not sure who's gonna get these on their Mahindra now!

Mahindra engine block (Not 1)
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg

Not 2
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg

And these were just lying on the road unattended
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg

More under the bridge where the truck fell
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4.jpg
Old 13th August 2009, 17:59   #3154
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Oh God ! MM Engine block heaven !! Wait till the jeepers see this one !!

Last edited by NIP : 13th August 2009 at 18:00.
Old 14th August 2009, 16:41   #3155
BHPian

not the jeepers, the guys who will be using these blocks are folks who will steal them and sell them for the metal!
Old 14th August 2009, 17:04   #3156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
She climbed a tree and scraped her knee...

Er... She climbed a median for all to see.
Kinda look like a dog trying to Peee
Old 14th August 2009, 21:52   #3157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal-leo View Post
Kinda look like a dog trying to Peee
And what does this look like???
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-abcd0016.jpg  

Old 14th August 2009, 22:45   #3158
Team-BHP Support

Similar crash story in Palio where we came out unscathed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
I would like to post a PUG member's experience of a similar FIAT car crash story! Reminds me of the show - Ripley's Believe it or not!
Here is my story of Palio carsh in 2005. I had posted this in Team-bhp and am pasting the link here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post502038

and the person standing in front is not me :-)

Last edited by BlackPearl : 14th August 2009 at 22:46.
Old 14th August 2009, 23:04   #3159
Senior - BHPian

My contribution. This is what I clicked a few months ago on NH-8 near toll plaza. The NHAI staff was standing looking at the inferno. No safety equipments , no fire fighting equipments, not even traffic warning signal diverting the on coming traffic. To top it all, people stand just to watch the show (we are country of pass timers). The traffic was crawling when I was able to click using the phone cam.

Please drive safe, you might be the only one defending yourself on road. How's that for a horrifying thought.Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cng-burst.jpg
Old 14th August 2009, 23:37   #3160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Early morning yes, but it was on the Andrews Ganj (South Ext.) flyover. Happened right in front of me. Guy was driving fast and rash, got scared and lost control when another car swerved in front of him.
I guess you applied brakes on time otherwise you would have rear ended him. Also looks like you took the snap real quickly.

Do you have more pictures of this accident.
Old 15th August 2009, 00:52   #3161
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Still not clear how the Palio landed from above ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
By the way, do you know how it happened?
If you notice the video frame by frame you will see that there was an accent right in front of the Palio. Maybe he was trying to overtake it without the accent guy moving out of the right most lane. I have seen plenty of idiots who try to squeeze in between the divider and the vehicle in front trying to intimidate the vehicle in front to move out of the right lane. Maybe he realized he was too close, couldn't pull off the overtaking maneuver, braked hard to avoid contact, lost control and car steered right on braking and wham into the divider.
Old 15th August 2009, 10:56   #3162
BHPian

Tree fell on a Car

This was clicked on the 5th July 2009 at KingCircle, bang outside Aurora Cinema where a big tree had fallen on two cars parked on the road there. One of the cars was already moved out. This one was still there.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-05072009090.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-05072009091.jpg  

Old 15th August 2009, 11:18   #3163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I guess you applied brakes on time otherwise you would have rear ended him. Also looks like you took the snap real quickly.

Do you have more pictures of this accident.
The advantages of keeping a 2-second gap from the car in front - and the advantages of carrying a 3.2MP camera on your phone!

One snap was enough...
Old 15th August 2009, 14:39   #3164
BHPian

VOLVO-Krishnagiri Acc.

The infamous ghats section of Melumalai near Krisnhagiri takes another victim.
The section has been a major accident spot for many years even when the old NH 7 single road. The pictures is from my KSRTC Volvo bus to Chennai (11:40PM Thu 13th Aug 09). All the passengers were comfortably settled and snoring away (1:30 AM). The driver has had 25 year of accident free driving and was happy that he is going to get a gold medal. The conductor was also a very pleasant man (seen in the pics) and all was going as a usual drive. I always take the front row seats since I have baggage to keep although its unsafe but at least I am assured of what’s going on in case of an emergency. I was curiously trying to measure the altitude drop from Melumalai to Kurubarapalli with my GPS (around 400M in 10 KM), making it a very steep and high speed descend.

As exactly the same location a couple of months ago a 800 was smashed and I posted the pictures with a pile of vehicles involved. Suddenly we heard a big bang and trucks behind started breaking. Our Volvo also applied his brakes with due diligence. Just before this the Volvo, with a lot of persistence had over taken a vegetable laden truck. The truck came in full speed and rammed not the rear of the Volvo. The momentum pushed the Volvo onto to the moving truck in the front and the glass cracked. Luck that all the vehicles were moving else the impact would have been much more severe. The truck in front didn’t even realise that we also hit his rear slightly and sped.

The cops arrived in a about 30 minutes. Pulled out the bodies (Driver & Cleaner) of the smashed truck in the front of us about 300 mts away and came to our bus. The truck driver had already struck a deal with the cops (I assume) and the Mahajir of the accident was not done. The cops were insisting the driver to move the damaged the bus from the right lane. The smashed mangle remains of the truck ahead of us were in the left lane leaving a single road gap for traffic to move.

We immediately with help from the Conductor called the depot manager at majestic and immediately despatched a replacement bus. The driver was very anxious and as smart passengers, we asked him to shut of the A/C blower and lights to save the battery in case we need to move the bus. Finally the driver made an attempt to start the bus and the bus started. The radiator was leaking and air was going out of a hose. So he just waited for a little air pressure to build and moved it to about 100 mts to park it on the left of the road. The cops has asked the driver to leave the bus in Kurubarpalli PS but all of us in the bus including the Depot manager was of the opinion to leave it on the road. The vegetable truck managed to start up and sped away into darkness with out his front windshield and a damaged front. On inspection of the engine from the damaged shield we could notice the A/C pulley had broken and also the belts to the alternator had slipped off. The engine had taken the beating.

We noticed the driver and cleaner lying on the side of the road next to the mangled truck (could not click pics) and this accident was in a way responsible for our accident as well. At 2:40 a replacement bus arrived and all of us shifted to the other bus. Luckily no one was hurt and all of them reached their destinations although a couple of hours delayed.

The Highways Authority should do something about this stretch and stop the frequent accidents.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-volvorear.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-veg-truck.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-express-hurry.jpg  

Old 16th August 2009, 15:03   #3165
Senior - BHPian

that's why you need a life insurance.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00928.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00929.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00930.jpg  

Most Viewed