Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:22   #3226
Senior - BHPian

terrible state of the scorpio. wonder at what speed this impact happened?

@ varun: i agree, with that sticker in place, i doubt how much he could actually see on the bend.

@ ss traveller: we have seen numerous sedans on this same thread being involved in shunts on highways. please dont single out SUVs.
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:38   #3227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ ss traveller: we have seen numerous sedans on this same thread being involved in shunts on highways. please dont single out SUVs.
Hey Raj, you haven't been keeping track of my posts, esp. the one on the "I booked my new car" thread! I have nothing against SUVs vis-a-vis sedans, but I have a thing against people who think the one is better than the other. As for me, I like driving all kinds of cars - SUVs, MUVs, sedans, hatches - and never single out any vehicle in particular. So please don't be so touchy about my earlier comment.

Saw this brand new blue Corolla Altis this afternoon, crashed out after hitting the central verge on Nelson Mandela Road in New Delhi. Broken front right suspension. No pics though, I wasn't carrying my usual cellphone.

So much for the greatness of sedans!
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:41   #3228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Hey Raj, you haven't been keeping track of my posts, esp. the one on the "I booked my new car" thread! I have nothing against SUVs vis-a-vis sedans, but I have a thing against people who think the one is better than the other. As for me, I like driving all kinds of cars - SUVs, MUVs, sedans, hatches - and never single out any vehicle in particular. So please don't be so touchy about my earlier comment.

Saw this brand new blue Corolla Altis this afternoon, crashed out after hitting the central verge on Nelson Mandela Road in New Delhi. Broken front right suspension. No pics though, I wasn't carrying my usual cellphone.

So much for the greatness of sedans!
sorry for interpreting your post wrongly buddy. i fully agree with your views made in the above post.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:00   #3229
BHPian

whooah, what a crash by Scorpio, the right side of the car seems to disappear. I wonder when people will realize insane driving = calling for accident.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:28   #3230
Senior - BHPian

oh what a bad sight to watch, driver side is badly bashed, seems vehicle must have lost control but the whole right side seems trashed badly.Uncontrolable speeds creates disasters like this.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:51   #3231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
driven fast and misjudged the curve, ran wide on the bend, got sideswiped by a truck. Truck drove away.
I'm not sure any vehicle after doing so much damage to the Scorp can get away on its wheels.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:54   #3232
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I'm not sure any vehicle after doing so much damage to the Scorp can get away on its wheels.
I dont think its naturally in its position after the crash...looks like it was pushed/towed to the side.
Old 25th August 2009, 20:22   #3233
BHPian

Rash Cab (KA registration) turns upside down in TN

hi all,

saw this on my way to Mudumalai Tiger Reserve on Aug 15th..just before the hair pin bends.
The cab was at great speed while downhill, driver could not control, hit the electric pole and turned upside down like a turtle. The cab had a couple at the back seat and the driver before the accident and a sightly injured driver and a rattled and shocked couple after the accident.
TG no one was injured seriously.
God, its time someone did something about these cabbies from Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident3.jpg  

Old 25th August 2009, 20:44   #3234
Senior - BHPian

Thank God no one was injured. Saddest thing to happen on a trip.
Old 25th August 2009, 21:33   #3235
Senior - BHPian

There was an accident on the IRR today. Saw a half burnt red colored sedan turned upside down and fallen by the roadside. Anyone knows what happened there?
Old 25th August 2009, 22:20   #3236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
There was an accident on the IRR today. Saw a half burnt red colored sedan turned upside down and fallen by the roadside. Anyone knows what happened there?
Colleague told me a car hit an electric pole and caught fire
Old 25th August 2009, 22:22   #3237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Colleague told me a car hit an electric pole and caught fire
On IRR, it would need to climb the divider to do that!
Old 26th August 2009, 10:24   #3238
Team-BHP Support

Freak pile up on the road in front of Green View hospital near the Agara lake. Bike guy did some circus and hit the swift and then around 7 cars and one rickshaw came to a sudden halt.

Not a great picture but you can see the swift parked in front on the RT lane, rest of the guys have damage either on front or rear.
Attached Images

Old 26th August 2009, 10:46   #3239
BHPian

Holy cow, just because of one stupid biker, 8 vehicles get damaged, he should be banned from riding & driving on roads.
Old 26th August 2009, 10:50   #3240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Freak pile up on the road in front of Green View hospital near the Agara lake. Bike guy did some circus and hit the swift and then around 7 cars and one rickshaw came to a sudden halt.

Not a great picture but you can see the swift parked in front on the RT lane, rest of the guys have damage either on front or rear.
LOL. Hopefully they will maintain some distance from the next vehicle in future.
Btw, i cant see the swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks