Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 14:45   #3346
nbr
BHPian

JinXed turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
MANGALORE, September 4, 2009: Two students of a local law college escaped narrowly when their car was smashed in an accident late last night. According to a complaint received by the police traffic west station, two youths after a session at a local tavern had driven their car in a rash and negligent manner and crashed against the road divider. The car was driven very fast and on impact it was fully smashed.

After hitting the road divider it had hit a lamp post. One will conclude after seeing the mangled car that the students are lucky to be alive.
The police said driver of the car has fractured his hand and has been admitted to the Tejaswini hospital in Kadri. Other occupant has however escaped with small bruises. Police have named the driver as Nithish a law student.
On hearing the big sound the locals rushed to spot and helped to remove the students from the wreck and took them to the hospital. The police said many accidents have happened in the same spot between Ballal Bagh and Lady Hill.

The location opposite to Pabbas icecream parlour has seen some major accidents. Same spot,few years back two guys in their Zen lost control and hit the divider and the pole,both died on the spot. It was one of the worst accidents in that year.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:37   #3347
Senior - BHPian

Thats an Estilo. Look at the steel wheel designs!
Old 4th September 2009, 18:40   #3348
Senior - BHPian

Its an Estilo all right.Look at the nearly squarish proportions of the door handles.A Santro has oval shaped handles and Indica has a bit rounded ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Thats an Estilo. Look at the steel wheel designs!
The later edition Zens also had similar steel wheels.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:02   #3349
Senior - BHPian

5 die as bus falls into river

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bidar: Five persons were killed and 27 injured when a NEKRTC bus toppled into Karanja river at Dadgi village in Bhalki taluk of Bidar on Friday. Of the 27 injured, eight are serious.

The bus was heading to Bhalki from Basavakalyan when the accident occurred on the Bhalki-Humnabad state highway. It fell from a height of about 25 feet.

The NEKRTC Bidar division controller, Venkateshwara Reddy, said the accident occurred due to the driver’s negligence. However, bus driver Chandrakanth Basappa, who sustained serious fractures, said he lost control of the bus as the steering wheel was faulty. “We checked the bus after retrieving it from the river, and the steering wheel was fine,” said Reddy. The driver must have been speeding and lost control while trying to avoid an oncoming vehicle, Reddy added, explaining the cause of the accident. The lack of railings on the bridge was a reason for the mishap, he admitted.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-getimage.jpg
Old 5th September 2009, 11:49   #3350
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, right... so railings are supposed to stop a bus?
Old 5th September 2009, 12:01   #3351
BANNED

Looks like the conductor got away intact with his jhola.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-getimage.jpg  

Old 5th September 2009, 17:40   #3352
Senior - BHPian

Fiat-Tata workshop

Visited my service centre today to get work done on my Linea and saw a rear ended Punto and a crashed Palio.

1. Punto after being delivered within a span of 2 hours came to workshop. The guy went down a flyover and a man in the car behind banged the Punto hard enough to break everything in the rear.
Its lying in serv centre for 1 month now. The customer is asking for all parts to change and no repair.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-moto_0244.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-moto_0245.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-moto_0246.jpg
Old 5th September 2009, 18:47   #3353
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA

so is this officially the first Punto to be involved in a crash???
Old 5th September 2009, 19:13   #3354
Senior - BHPian

Going by the width of those tyres, I'll assume that the guy who banged the Punto was also driving one himself.
Old 5th September 2009, 19:24   #3355
BHPian

I recall that crash to be one of the most horrific accidents that MG road has ever seen. It happened in october 2003. I remember going there after the crash at about 5am.
A few months ago, a fellow t-bhp member's brother hit the divider at high speeds on his zma. Luckily he didnt get any serious injuries.

OT: Im from Kudla aswell. We should meetup sometime!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
[/b]

The location opposite to Pabbas icecream parlour has seen some major accidents. Same spot,few years back two guys in their Zen lost control and hit the divider and the pole,both died on the spot. It was one of the worst accidents in that year.

Last edited by james : 5th September 2009 at 19:26. Reason: typo
Old 5th September 2009, 19:32   #3356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Visited my service centre today to get work done on my Linea and saw a rear ended Punto and a crashed Palio.

1. Punto after being delivered within a span of 2 hours came to workshop. The guy went down a flyover and a man in the car behind banged the Punto hard enough to break everything in the rear.
Its lying in serv centre for 1 month now. The customer is asking for all parts to change and no repair.

Attachment 185558

Attachment 185559

Attachment 185560
Even if he's asking for all part change , why should it take one month? Is it the insurance company or the spare parts availability leading to this?

@ Bumblebee - I think this is officially the first Punto crash here
Old 5th September 2009, 19:37   #3357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee86 View Post
so is this officially the first Punto to be involved in a crash???
I think this is the first pic here of a crashed Punto and that too badly rear ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Going by the width of those tyres, I'll assume that the guy who banged the Punto was also driving one himself.
Nopes, it was some other car the mechanic named. I forgot the name itself, it was not a Punto.

[quote=harishnayak;1467642]Even if he's asking for all part change , why should it take one month? Is it the insurance company or the spare parts availability leading to this?
/QUOTE]

They had all parts like bumpers etc but those metal sheets were brought on order. It happened one month after Punto was launched so maybe some parts werent there. He said a few rare parts took 10-12 days and rest they are still working on the car. They said it had been hit very hard.

Even the front portion was a bit damaged but seems they repaired that in the 1 month.
Old 6th September 2009, 06:00   #3358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Even if he's asking for all part change , why should it take one month? Is it the insurance company or the spare parts availability leading to this?
/QUOTE]

They had all parts like bumpers etc but those metal sheets were brought on order. It happened one month after Punto was launched so maybe some parts werent there. He said a few rare parts took 10-12 days and rest they are still working on the car. They said it had been hit very hard.

Even the front portion was a bit damaged but seems they repaired that in the 1 month.
maybe this is one of the reasons why Puno sales are not catching up although it being a nice car
Old 6th September 2009, 06:08   #3359
Senior - BHPian

There is punto with a bad scratch in earlier pages posted by me. Whats with the Punto and early damages. I've already seen a couple and this seems to be the third one.
Old 6th September 2009, 06:55   #3360
Senior - BHPian

I clicked these picture at DD motors mayapuri. Atruck rammed into this esteem and stopped in time to let go off the occupants scratchless.

Both of them were wearing seatbelts.

Don't know the story for swift
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-esteem.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-esteem-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-swift.jpg  

Last edited by harishnayak : 6th September 2009 at 06:57. Reason: Adding one more picture

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks