Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 19:12   #3721
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
which car is this ??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
This surely looks like a Porsche to me..

That is, indeed a Porsche. Its a 911 (997 MK-I) Carrera S with an Aero Kit and TechArt Wheels. This car has been posted earlier in the 'Super car and Exotic Crashes' thread but the photograph was taken from a different angle. It's sad to see a Porsche written off like this, especially in India.
Old 7th October 2009, 20:33   #3722
Senior - BHPian

It looks more like a 993 as the rear quarter window has a frame visible in pics, all cars after 993 have framless/flushed rear quarter windows so my guess it is a 993. If so interesting where is this car located and is it for sale?

On second thought she has a wheather strip/rain cravis on the roof which 993's don't have. Say Suhad didn't the car you are talking about have a rear wing?

Last edited by canonball : 7th October 2009 at 20:39.
Old 7th October 2009, 23:13   #3723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Received these from a friend after he clicked them near Krishnagiri
Heard this was the new 8 wheeler volvo and 5 people in the bus died on spot.
Holly cow its a terrible crash. i guess there are still casulaities.

this Bus & lorry drivers think that they are driving the Flights assuming no one will come on their way and claiming the innocent people life.
Old 8th October 2009, 00:44   #3724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
which car is this ??????
My guess Bentley Continental.

Last edited by .anshuman : 8th October 2009 at 00:45.
Old 8th October 2009, 07:59   #3725
Senior - BHPian

^^ Well initially it looked like a swift to me with the distinguished hip and the Estilo at the background (seemed more like MASS to me), but then there was a thread on the same day posted by Sid about his adventures with the Panamera and other exotics, so I'mma going to say Porsche too.
Old 8th October 2009, 17:41   #3726
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
True. I dont get why other people on this forum/thread "pretend" they have never driven fast.
Addiction is different from being practical. I have driven at 140-150 but that between Pune and Mumbai in the express in broad daylight not in a bylane in kanyakumari. Come on face it. The E-Way is completed sealed off and between one toll to another the road is incursion free and is isolated from human settlement. The road is 2x3 lane and no crossovers. Despite this and driving an accord i was happy with 150.

This is not true for most other roads in india. Whats the point in speeding when you can face constant incursions from lane cutters and humans crossing the road and the roads winding right through settlements. It doesn't matter if your addiction kills you, you are being a threat to others.

Anyone who has driven the Mumbai-Pune e-way will assure how well lane discipline is followed. Its not like in par with US but surely 100% better than any other place in india. So its fine if you exploit your addictions in such roads.. at worst it would only kill you.

Ps - No offense meant, just expressing my point of view between what is practical & what is stupid...

Last edited by srikanths1 : 8th October 2009 at 17:42.
Old 8th October 2009, 18:35   #3727
Distinguished - BHPian

prince_pervez, easy mistake to make... Sometimes I think I have a Porsche parked outside --- then I realise that it is Swift
Old 8th October 2009, 19:35   #3728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That is, indeed a Porsche. Its a 911 (997 MK-I) Carrera S with an Aero Kit and TechArt Wheels. This car has been posted earlier in the 'Super car and Exotic Crashes' thread but the photograph was taken from a different angle. It's sad to see a Porsche written off like this, especially in India.
+1 to this.Its for sure 911 Porsche.
Old 8th October 2009, 19:38   #3729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
+1 to this.Its for sure 911 Porsche.
I knew that you guys will quote the same pic name which I posted earlier. Its not that, but another 911 that toppled, fully stock without any techart kit.
Old 8th October 2009, 20:03   #3730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He means standard driver training. Which needs to be given to all bus and truck drivers since they have zero road safety sense.
Sometimes while waiting at the signal for clearance, I used to check out how many car drivers were belted up & almost 8 out of 10 would not wear seat belts.

How many of the car drivers know that "Amber" light at signals is meant to slow down & stop... not to rush through before it turns red. or how many of them respect inspite of knowing it

How many car drivers slow down at junctions in highways or know that right lane in highways are meant for speed driving & move to left lane in case if they were driving slow

I have seen many guys getting into the car for driving after boozing to their max capacity....

Have seen many cars driving in the wrong route at highways for 1-2 kms to cut down 2-3 kms on opposite direction and then take a "U" turn. A fully loaded truck driver is in more difficult position than a easily maneuverable car

Educating road sense is equally important for car drivers too... if we cannot understand and follow the basic sense, its very difficult to expect them from truck drivers, who were literally overloaded with their job.
Old 8th October 2009, 20:25   #3731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
prince_pervez, easy mistake to make... Sometimes I think I have a Porsche parked outside --- then I realise that it is Swift
Oh hohohoho!! Attaboy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Anyone who has driven the Mumbai-Pune e-way will assure how well lane discipline is followed. Its not like in par with US but surely 100% better than any other place in india. So its fine if you exploit your addictions in such roads.. at worst it would only kill you.
There are incidents of tyre bursts and accidents due to drowsiness, but yes, I get the point. We know our cars and our limitations. So it is best to decide for one self what is safe for you and others.
Old 8th October 2009, 20:36   #3732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We know our cars and our limitations
Unfortunately, one of the reasons that we have accidents, is in discovering that we thought we did, but were wrong.
Old 8th October 2009, 22:43   #3733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, one of the reasons that we have accidents, is in discovering that we thought we did, but were wrong.
+1 to your quote. Most of our cars are really bad in quality and that too without any safety standards. Flooring accelerator is very easy and even kids can do that (Many of time they do also). But stopping the car well in time nobody knows.

I can bet how many of car owners here know the controlled stopping distance of car and time. It means from 100 - 0 how many meters it will travel and how much time it will take.
Old 8th October 2009, 23:26   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Well said, the judegemental part is what is lacking in most of them, before they know their machine fully, they jump in to the conclusion of safety. Even now most of them think a new tyre is safe and will stop your vehicle at any cost, very less they know that it is just one part of the whole show and not the only part of it.
Old 9th October 2009, 00:10   #3735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
It looks more like a 993 as the rear quarter window has a frame visible in pics, all cars after 993 have framless/flushed rear quarter windows so my guess it is a 993. If so interesting where is this car located and is it for sale?

On second thought she has a wheather strip/rain cravis on the roof which 993's don't have. Say Suhad didn't the car you are talking about have a rear wing?
Quote:
I knew that you guys will quote the same pic name which I posted earlier. Its not that, but another 911 that toppled, fully stock without any techart kit.
This is the same car. Look at the background (the bricks) The car cover also doesn't reveal everything you see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-india-12.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks