Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 12:08   #3796
BHPian

Accident

I wanted to highlight one very unfortunate "accident" that my co-brother happened to meet with on NH-66 when travelling between Bangalore and Pondicherry on the 18th.

While driving on NH-66 about 5km from Tindivanam a bike guy who was on the extreme left of the road took a sudden right cut without any signals. As they were overtaking him, the bike was hit by the front bumper and the driver landed on the front windshield (which luckily absorbed the whole impact) and fell towards the left when the City braked hard.

Immediately a few of the pedestrians rushed to the scene; my co-brother had already exited the vehicle. The people started abusing him and accused him of rash driving. Within a few minutes about 10-15 people converged on the car (apparently one of the people who had seen the accident made a few calls), these guys just started mercilessly beating up my co-brother who fell unconscious & suffered and had a cut below the lip (which required 10 stitches). My sis-in-law who became involved was beaten up too. They tried to get away but the bike was wedged below the front bumper

When an ambulance pulled up these people did not allow him to get in and sent it away, apparently wanted him to die there. Luckily a local person was travelling in a auto, he intervened and pacified the mob put these guys in the auto and sent them to Tindivanam Police Station.

The mob then looted the car (there was a fair amount of Gold as they were on the way to a wedding). Not only were the baggage, but these guys also took away the battery, a brand new Alpine HU & two JBL amplifiers then proceeded to smash the car.

The bike guy only suffered some minor cuts & bruises. Luckily the car occupants survived the ordeal and left us all shaken
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0574-medium.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0575-medium.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0576-medium.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0577-medium.jpg  

Old 28th October 2009, 12:51   #3797
Senior - BHPian

No matter how many times we see these supercar crash videos, they always seem to fascinate. In this case, the driver of this Dodge Viper is mildly weaving through traffic on a narrow motorway only to find himself blocked by two trucks. Clearly the impatience of the Viper driver is apparrent, as he eagerly passes on the right as soon as there is an opening, only to find himself slamming into stopped traffic.

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/

Old 28th October 2009, 23:27   #3798
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon has started in Chennai

Scene outside my house today. The Ikon belongs to a guy in the next building.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-281009_1040_2.jpg  

Old 29th October 2009, 00:21   #3799
BHPian

M800 Accident

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]This accident happened just few hour back on my way back home from Noida near Kalandi kunj @ around 9:30 PM. The Driver of the M800 was on Right of the Blue line bus and was taking left turn at Good Speed . The Bus was on Right of the Car. Suddenly Car got out of control and hit the maiden of the road and turn turtle. Quickly people gather and lefted the car and Driver came out scratch less. Spoke to Driver, he was shocked and was blaming Blue line bus for driving reckless. But I could smell that M800 driver was also drunk. God know whose mistake , but these Blue line bus in Delhi are really menace on the delhi roads. Thanks to God again that nobody was hurt. Sorry for the bad quality of Photos , shot from Phone Cam.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0070.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0071.jpg  

Old 29th October 2009, 14:02   #3800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
I disagree. Perhaps one of the reasons why history repeats itself is because humans tend to forget the mistakes made by their compatriots or predecessors, move on, only to repeat the mistakes of others.

If the couple is wise, they will learn from their mistakes and be better prepared next time. If they cannot afford or the law does not allow them full time Black Cat bodyguards, I suggest they train themselves well in self defense tactics as well as take advantage of the Indian Arms Act and carry concealed handguns after being properly trained.

Here's a link to a Teambhp thread on Indian gun ownership:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ownership.html
You're right, You cannot show off your karate skills with a huge bunch of jobless angry mobs, May be a gun could help. The couple should also learn that hit-and-run to the nearest police station.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:31   #3801
Senior - BHPian

Thats why travelling in Delhi has become a nightmare. I have now cancelled my chennai visit due to this.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc03502.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-k.jpg  

Old 30th October 2009, 21:55   #3802
Senior - BHPian

This accident happened in front of hazret nizamuddin railway station, was going to catch the chennai rajdhani (due to some family problem), had to go today and then while taking the turn towards the station, an eicher 11.10 hit us very badly (I was driving and my brother was sitting next to me) and just ran away. I had to get the car towed (of course it is my old santro) all the way back to my house because of this.

Trip now cancelled.
Old 31st October 2009, 10:13   #3803
Senior - BHPian

These are the first day light pics of the damage
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc03503.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc03504.jpg  

Old 31st October 2009, 10:27   #3804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Sorry to see your Santro with a black eye Sid. Certainly doesn't look like an Eicher truck rammed into it. Seems to me it has taken the hit with minimal damage, or was it a super slow mo impact ?
The Eicher 11.10 was taking a u-turn while hitting my car, which was just about stationery as the signal just turned green.
Old 31st October 2009, 12:13   #3805
BHPian

3 dead in E-way Mishap in an i20 Asta

Accidents on the expressway are not unheard of but what caught my attention was that the car is an i20 and looking at the rear windshield wiper you can make out that its an Asta with driver and passenger airbags.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-i20_accident.jpg  

Old 1st November 2009, 15:21   #3806
Senior - BHPian

From todays TOI, chennai.

Rammed into a bus. 4 in the sumo died.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-desktop.jpg  

Last edited by anekho : 1st November 2009 at 15:22.
Old 1st November 2009, 16:50   #3807
Distinguished - BHPian

From another paper, I think it is the same incident --- there were eleven people in that sumo? If so, it is an absolute miracle that seven of them survived.
Old 1st November 2009, 17:22   #3808
BHPian

wonder which high-end car this guy was driving, but yet another case of drunken driving :(

A young software engineer created flutters on road after he went berserk on his new high-end model car, injuring several people and damaging more than half a dozen vehicles in the wee hours of Saturday.Techie goes berserk in hi-end car
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:18   #3809
Senior - BHPian

A crashed Hyundai and a bashed Hyundai.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01503.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01505.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2009, 14:03   #3810
BHPian

Saw this Wagon R on my way to Kannur @ Bandipur forest. There was no one at the site, don't know what happened to the passengers.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00439.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00440.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00441.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00442.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00438.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks