Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 20:24   #3826
BHPian

A couple was traveling on a scooty. An AP State Bus which was coming at high speed rammed the scooty from behind. Husband who was driving the scooty lost control and fell on the road. Husband escaped, while wife was caught behind the rear wheel of the bus. She was dragged 100 meters on the road before the bus came to halt. The head was completely smashed beyond recognition. It took nearly two hours to remove the body from the rear wheels of the bus as the police had to bring a crane to lift the bus from the rear.

The police has to use broom stick to sweep the road of the parts of the body.
More shocking was for the husband who saw everything in front of his eyes. GOD only should save us from these killer buses / trucks.

Sorry could not post other pictures as it is too gory.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-237.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-239.jpg  

Old 10th November 2009, 20:39   #3827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
God! that's horrific, may her soul rest in peace!

These private buses are real pain and most of the times the traffic cops are least bothered about them!

btw where did this happen?
It is not a private bus. It is a Government Bus. AP State Bus. It happened near Mekhri Circle.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:58   #3828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
It is not a private bus. It is a Government Bus. AP State Bus. It happened near Mekhri Circle.
I remember a same incident about 2 years back(Ayiapanthagal near porur) when I was in my company bus in an signal(I am sitting at the right side).A couple who took a right from the left side of the road was hit and crushed by an TN government bus in that direction (from behind)and the Bus also ran over an man(drunk man standing in edge of the road before an wine shop).It was one of the horrifying moment in my life seeing three persons ran over by a bus at the same time.The bus driver tried avoid them by moving towards the left side of the road but the biker also did the same thing and it ran over them and a innocent drunk man.To my suprise no news paper carried this message.
Below is the drawing of how it happened(sorry I am not a professional in this).

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus.jpg
Old 11th November 2009, 11:28   #3829
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
A couple was traveling on a scooty. An AP State Bus which was coming at high speed rammed the scooty from behind. Husband who was driving the scooty lost control and fell on the road. Husband escaped, while wife was caught behind the rear wheel of the bus. She was dragged 100 meters on the road before the bus came to halt. The head was completely smashed beyond recognition. It took nearly two hours to remove the body from the rear wheels
Today's TOI says a completely different story. The people in the scooter were not husbands but colleagues and it was completely the fault of the scooterist who entered the wrong lane and skidded on the road to come under the wheels of the ST bus. The ST driver had nothing to do with this apparently. If this is true, this post has become one another case of accusing the bigger vehicle for the smaller vehicles fault.

Last edited by srikanths1 : 11th November 2009 at 11:29.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:55   #3830
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
this post has become one another case of accusing the bigger vehicle for the smaller vehicles fault.
Like you said it. My colleague was passing by when the above happened. The scooty rider was coming down the wrong lane or one way to avoid going round the other side to get on the lane below the flyover.

On a scooty he could have spend 5-7 mins extra and used up maybe rs 4-5 of petrol. To save that much he probaly killed that lady.

The scooty rider should be arrested under manslaughter or attempt to kill.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:06   #3831
BHPian

Regarding the Bus Accident, the news was as per the local news paper. This paper is circulated in evenings only. I saw the TOI in the morning and the story was different.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:53   #3832
Senior - BHPian

i went over this patch of road today where the accident occurred. The spot where all the blood was spilled is covered with sand and grit. I must say i kinda got goosebumps driving over it.
Old 11th November 2009, 15:43   #3833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Like you said it. My colleague was passing by when the above happened. The scooty rider was coming down the wrong lane or one way to avoid going round the other side to get on the lane below the flyover.
I was traveling there just after the incident. One couldn't identify the body. Head fully smashed and pieces of flesh all over the path. One couldn't make out weather the deceased was male or female. Could clearly make out that the person directly came under the rear wheel of the bus.
Very gruesome sight of the body. I didn't dare to take out my camera phone to take the shots.
May the dead lady RIP for no mistake of her's.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:07   #3834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
I was traveling there just after the incident. One couldn't identify the body. Head fully smashed and pieces of flesh all over the path. One couldn't make out weather the deceased was male or female. Could clearly make out that the person directly came under the rear wheel of the bus.
Very gruesome sight of the body. I didn't dare to take out my camera phone to take the shots.
May the dead lady RIP for no mistake of her's.
Same here, I am still feeling very disturbed seeing the accident and it's aftermath, good that nobody here posted any gory pics of the site, it was really stomach churning, may the lady RIP
Old 11th November 2009, 17:07   #3835
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The scooty rider should be arrested under manslaughter or attempt to kill.
I second you on that. There is a provision in IPC called culpable homicide which is defined as - "Whoever causes death by doing an act with the intention of causing death, or with the intention of causing such bodily injury as is likely to cause death, or with the knowledge that he is likely by such act to cause death, commits the offense of culpable homicide."

Am sure the scooty driver can be booked under the 3rd category - by common sense, he should be aware that doing such clown act on the road might lead to accident and death.
Old 11th November 2009, 22:03   #3836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
by common sense, he should be aware that doing such clown act on the road might lead to accident and death.
Hmm, not in bangalore mate ! A bunch of idiots on a bike collided with a car(head on) in front of me when the biker was coming the wrong side on a one way - and he was fighting with the guy in the car screaming "are you blind, can't you see where you are going?" - He did not even have an inkling of the fact that he was doing something wrong !

This _IS_ the average bangalorean in traffic. (educated/uneducated and to what extent does not matter - software/MBA guy or not does not matter either) - they are just so clueless about how to drive/ride .

The root cause I believe is the "bangalorean" way when it comes to licenses - I can move the vehicle right , left, forward and somewhat backwards - I can now drive - let me call the friendly neighborhood RTO agent and get a license !
Old 11th November 2009, 23:03   #3837
BHPian

This happened last night near my apartment building, the owner of the car just hand over the key to building guard to park the car in parking area under the building, but guard by mistake pressed the accelerator instead of applying breaks.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0086.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0085.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0084.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0083.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 11th November 2009 at 23:13. Reason: Please do not copy-paste from an external editor. Thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 23:22   #3838
BHPian

Found this in TOI today.

According to TOI ,

" Around 8.30 am, the BMTC bus No. 342, plying between Kutaganahalli and Shantinagar bus station, toppled near Muttanallur Cross. According to Whitefield traffic police, bus driver Satish was speeding and when he applied the brake suddenly, the bus turned turtle. Police said though the bus was full of passengers, not many were injured. "
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmtc.jpg  

Old 11th November 2009, 23:23   #3839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive View Post
This happened last night near my apartment building, the owner of the car just hand over the key to building guard to park the car in parking area under the building, but guard by mistake pressed the accelerator instead of applying breaks.
That's gonna be one really expensive repair job. Wonder if there is some dangerous damages that may render the car unsafe after this.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:33   #3840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive View Post
Cripes, what is wrong with him, can he not park his own car!? I wonder if the guard even had a license.

Cheers,

Most Viewed