Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 17:35   #4006
Senior - BHPian

The burnt vehicle in the 1st picture looks like a Ford Endeavour to me. The mangled car in the last picture is most likely a Maruti 1000/Esteem.
Old 1st December 2009, 17:35   #4007
Senior - BHPian

The 3rd pic might be Tata SUmo..Am i right?
Old 1st December 2009, 17:37   #4008
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Looking at this photo I am

Volvo I thought is the best and the most safe in case of accident's but now I am rethinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Yes I think you are Right!!!

I travel from Mumbai to Indore via Volvo's and see that in the night's they drive at 120 and 130's also. I am really thinking to shift my self to train from now on. I will choose to be on safer side.
Any vehicle, be it a car or a bus or a truck is safe as long as the driver is responsible and safe!

It could be an 800 or a Mercedes Benz, an Ashok Leyland or a Volvo, it doesn't matter. If the driver is safe, it doesn't matter what you're traveling in; there are 99.9% chances that you will reach your destination safely!

The 1st photograph: Ford Endeavour (The rear tail light housing and the roof-rail are the give-aways)

The 2nd Photograph: Maruti 1000/Esteem (judging by the front light and the very 'Maruti' steel wheel)

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st December 2009 at 17:42.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:43   #4009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Saw these 3 vehicles. Can you guess the burnt vehicle and the mangled vehicle in the 3rd pic?
1) Endy. The hood and distance between C and D pillars are an indication.
2) Obviously civic.
3) Lancer. I know its mostly an Esteem, but Lancers also had similar rim offerings.
Also the length of headlight units is longer than what was offered in Esteem.
Do post what this car is.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:10   #4010
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour, Civic and esteem.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:31   #4011
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1)
3) Lancer. I know its mostly an Esteem, but Lancers also had similar rim offerings.
Also the length of headlight units is longer than what was offered in Esteem.
Do post what this car is.
I guess you are right about the Endy and the Civic, but the third car is an Esteem because its headlights are pointed and not trapezoidal like the Lancer's. Also, the steering wheel is very thin, suggesting the "new" Esteem steering wheel. Lets see what the answers are.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:42   #4012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I guess you are right about the Endy and the Civic, but the third car is an Esteem because its headlights are pointed and not trapezoidal like the Lancer's. Also, the steering wheel is very thin, suggesting the "new" Esteem steering wheel. Lets see what the answers are.
Anyone noticing the headlamp and the wheels can mostly guess its an esteem. The wheel says it is a Maruti.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:49   #4013
Senior - BHPian

Accident before my eyes on last sunday morning

Guys,

I was driving our JeepCaptain Shibu's MM550 to Kerala from Chennai last week and during the early morning sunday drive from Trissure to Eranakkulam on the NH47 the tragic accident happened.

There was a new Swift with L board sign on the windshield zipped past the Jeep few minutes before, later the same morning with in 10-15 minutes after he crossed I was looking at the horror accident.

The swift guy (120-130kmph speed) touched the median wall with his front wheels. I'm not sure if he burnt or punctured the front tyres but with a huge sound he rubbed the tyre along the median for 10-20ft and started rolling like anything (may be 10-15 times) and turn exact opposite side and landed upside down on the oncoming lane on the other side of the median.

The people around rushed pulled the people outside (3 of them alive and 1 dead), I couldn't take pics due that panic situation. I pray god for the parted soul to rest in peace.

After few minutes the people around turned the car to normal position but the car was totally damaged in condition.

Now, look at the pictures that tells you the story. I'm placing the picture where the car was shown upside down and people putting it right. Also look at one of the picture which hows the 100ft distance the car rolled from where it first hit the median.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image127.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image128.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image129.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image131.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image132.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image134.jpg
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:55   #4014
BHPian

Oh my god!
This really sends shivers down the spine. Horrific Accident.
Was there some problem with the vehicle or pure thrill of pushing beyond the 2k RPM mark?
This kind of driving not only puts them in danger, but people around also.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:02   #4015
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nasty smash there ! The car looks to be new.

Was it the 'learner' that was doing those speeds with little control? Sad that one of them lost his life. Thankfully, I guess there was not too much oncoming traffic on the other side when this happened or else it would have been even more disastrous.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:10   #4016
Senior - BHPian

The Swift must have been doing insane speeds. This part of the NH 47 has been newly constructed. The roads are in excellent shape here. In fact even the road markings are not complete. Probably the driver was pushing more than he could handle. Like the Pirelli tagline says - power is nothing without control. Judging by the distance from the impact point it doesn't seem to have rolled 10-15 times. Probably it would have been 3-4 times. That said, the Swift appears to have withstood the impact pretty well.

Last edited by longhorn : 2nd December 2009 at 16:14.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:18   #4017
BHPian

IFFI 2009, Goa - Four Volkswagens involved in tailgate accident

This happened on 27 Nov 2009. It was a bright and sunny day and I was driving towards Miramar after passing the Kala Academy, when four Volkswagens (One Passat followed by three Jettas) whizzed past me.

Looked like a photo shoot so decided to stay behind them, the third car had barely gone past me when I heard a couple of loud crunching noises. That is when I realized that they have tailgated, I slowed to the left side of the road but the last Volkswagen went straight ahead and braked in the last moment, skidded and met with the same fate. All-in-all four new Volkswagens smashed.

I heard skidding (I have ABS equipped car which does not make that noise) so I am assuming that they did not have ABS and the drivers were wearing IFFI badges and t-shirts and looked more like valet drivers (not VW personnel) on a joy ride. Further none of the car’s in front of these four, tailgated so I guess this was pure careless driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3242.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3244.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3245.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3246.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3247.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3248.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3250.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th December 2009 at 14:15. Reason: Removing [font] and other tags :)
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:28   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
[COLOR=black]I heard skidding (I have ABS equipped car which does not make that noise) so I am assuming that they did not have ABS and the drivers were wearing IFFI badges and t-shirts and looked more like valet drivers (not VW personnel) on a joy ride. Further none of the car’s in front of these four, tailgated so I guess this was pure careless driving.[/COLOR]
Oouch - that's going to hurt a lot...
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:32   #4019
Senior - BHPian

The silver Jetta is looking at an airbag replacement. Should set him back by 1L if not more.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:56   #4020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The silver Jetta is looking at an airbag replacement. Should set him back by 1L if not more.
Insurance will also pay 50% of the cost only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks