Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 17:05   #4081
Senior - BHPian

got this as an email forward. it happened near igatpuri.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-lancer.jpg  

Old 7th December 2009, 17:09   #4082
Senior - BHPian

Has the front end gone into the ground or the photo is like that.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:11   #4083
Senior - BHPian

With all respects to the Lancer, this reminds me of a doggy doing its small business
Old 7th December 2009, 18:39   #4084
BHPian

This happened near Hudson Circle. As per news, The BMTC Bus first hit Honda Activa which in turn hit the police jeep. Then the Bus hit the Signal Post. The Honda Activa was caught between the bus and the jeep. The Honda Activa driver died on the spot. May his soul RIP. Few persons were also injured.

The Bus driver told it happened due to Brake Failure, which I doubt. These days when ever a bus / truck vehicle is at fault, the driver promptly tells brake failure.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hudson-1.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hudson-2.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hudson-3.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hudson.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hudson4.jpg

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 7th December 2009 at 18:42.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:20   #4085
BHPian

It is very possible that the acticva rider confused the bus driver and as the heavy vehicle can not be stopped at once bus driver steer ………… and the things shown in pics happned.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:38   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
This happened near Hudson Circle. As per news, The BMTC Bus first hit Honda Activa which in turn hit the police jeep. Then the Bus hit the Signal Post. The Honda Activa was caught between the bus and the jeep. The Honda Activa driver died on the spot. May his soul RIP. Few persons were also injured.

The Bus driver told it happened due to Brake Failure, which I doubt. These days when ever a bus / truck vehicle is at fault, the driver promptly tells brake failure.

Attachment 241129
Attachment 241130
Attachment 241131
Attachment 241132
Attachment 241143
Was not the Honda activa rider waering helmet? Accidents in Blore has gone up it seems.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:15   #4087
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 241129
Attachment 241130
Attachment 241131
Attachment 241132
Attachment 241143
When a bus driver says 'Brake Failure', it should be understood as 'failure to brake'!

Having said that, you can't blame bus drivers all the time. People riding bikes tend to swerve and brake suddenly and take unplanned turns. This can confuse a driver. And do keep in mind that hauling a huge bus to a halt all of a sudden is quite hard!
Old 8th December 2009, 02:52   #4088
BHPian

jaywalkers..

Saw a man hit by a Wagon-R on Ring Road at Lajpat Nagar at around 7.30 p.m. on Monday, 7th Dec.

There was a big bottleneck and saw the corpse lying on road only when I reached the accident scene. There was no other vehicle other than the car I mentioned above. Seems to me this person was jaywalking on the ring road and got hit. And at the same time I also noticed the iron grill (though not sufficiently high) on central median to keep jaywalkers at bay. When will we learn that taking such shortcuts can prove to be so costly that one ends up paying with his/her life..

May he RIP.. and at the same time my thoughts are with the poor car driver who apparently got involved in this because of someone else's sheer recklessness. Not trying to be judgemental here, it is the circumstantial evidence which makes me think so.

PS - no pictures because I realized there was an accident only when I was right at the accident spot and was not too keen on adding to the mayhem or rubbernecking.. and anyway, the picture would have been too gory to be posted here.
Old 8th December 2009, 09:17   #4089
Senior - BHPian

i remember a same kind of incident few days ago and i was giving way to a fellow tbhpian house and on the way i was giving way to a recklessly driven wagon r and then i was two girls (rag pickers) came running from one side of the road to the other.

my heart just stopped they barely avoided been hit by indica santro NHC and a bus

it took me about 5 mins to totally come to my senses and during the 5 mins all the pain from my accident few months ago came back

the government should do something so check these kind of things
Old 8th December 2009, 09:28   #4090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 241129
Attachment 241130
Attachment 241131
Attachment 241132
Attachment 241143
But if you see the damage of the Honda activa it is not that much. the scratches on the sides say that the vehicle skidded. maybe the activa owner was thrown onto the road/the police jeep. If not when a bus just kisses any vehicle the damage will be huge due to its mass momentum.
Old 8th December 2009, 09:37   #4091
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
But if you see the damage of the Honda activa it is not that much. the scratches on the sides say that the vehicle skidded. maybe the activa owner was thrown onto the road/the police jeep. If not when a bus just kisses any vehicle the damage will be huge due to its mass momentum.
Damage on the Activa is not much?

Take a closer look at it! The chassis is completely bent! The foot-board as you can see, doesn't have the knee room anymore! The scooter is disfugured! I wont be surprised if it's considered a write off!
Old 8th December 2009, 09:45   #4092
Senior - BHPian

May his soul RIP.
I travel by that route daily and I have seen the way these bus drivers drive.
Its crazy.
Will take a video today or tomo and upload it here.
Would want everyone to see how these guys take a rash turn even after the signal goes red.

Last edited by manishasrani : 8th December 2009 at 09:46.
Old 8th December 2009, 10:25   #4093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
When a bus driver says 'Brake Failure', it should be understood as 'failure to brake'!

Having said that, you can't blame bus drivers all the time. People riding bikes tend to swerve and brake suddenly and take unplanned turns. This can confuse a driver. And do keep in mind that hauling a huge bus to a halt all of a sudden is quite hard!
Read in today's TOI that the bus driver was jumping a red light and hit the Activa in the process. He fled the scene.
Old 8th December 2009, 10:39   #4094
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Read in today's TOI that the bus driver was jumping a red light and hit the Activa in the process. He fled the scene.
I stand corrected! It was indeed the fault of the bus driver!

And as Manish said, Hudson Circle is a nightmare! Buses take sharp turns and speed at the same time! I do take that route quite often and it's hard to cross the road, let alone do anything else!

But I also said 'You can't blame them all the time'. And I stick to this point as It's not as easy as people think!
Old 8th December 2009, 11:06   #4095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I stand corrected! It was indeed the fault of the bus driver!
C'mon! Its too early to say the driver was at fault - especially given the fact that the news report appeared on ToI, which never has a reputation to report facts. The news report could be purely based on the reporter's guess work - specially when the driver is reported to have fled the scene.

It is not essential that the driver fled the scene since he was at fault - often, our public tends to beat up the bus driver even when the accident is not of his fault.

Look at the kind of sheer on the Activa - the scooter cannot bend to this extent had the bus been trying to start from a signal early! From the entire episode, I somehow feel the activa guy tried to squeeze in between, which the driver did not see. Given the height of the driver seat, its just obvious that they cannot see what happens below their line of sight.

Quote:
But I also said 'You can't blame them all the time'. And I stick to this point as It's not as easy as people think!
True - its unfair to blame these bus drivers all the time. Its no fun maneuvering these 10.8 metre beasts through Bangalore's roads - plus the reckless two-wheelers and autorickshaws, who seem to believe they own exclusive rights on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks