Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 00:18   #4126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Last week we went to a marriage at Sarojini Nagar Delhi. We were from Bride's side. The barat was quite rowdy type and lot of cheap quality fireworks. Some thing fell on my shoulder from the sky and I found that it was a terracotta type piece of some firework. When we came out of the function, I was horrified to find the wind screen of my Altis, broken. It appeared like some heavy object (the same terracotta type piece from some fire work) fell from height on the top edge of the wind screen and caused 5-6 cracks.

I was deeply depressed to see the damage to my 6 month old car, due to no fault of mine. Wind screen replacement costed me Rs 12,000/= and I did not claim any insurance as I would have lost No Claim Bonus.

I doubt that majority of our country men will ever learn to care for others feelings, property and things. Phir bhi Mera Bharat Mahan.
Sorry to hear about the damage to your car. I know exactly what it feels like. Someone in my building cleaned out their fridge and threw a lump of solid ice out and it landed on my car's roof, resulted in a big dent and several dimples.

By the way, what is the insurance premium that you pay on your vehicle? & how much is your NCB? pretty sure that you must have done the calculations, my queries are more from information view point.
Old 10th December 2009, 00:32   #4127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This month old SX4 belongs to someone in our colony street, just earlier today it hit a cow and the result is in front of you to see.
The cow was (un)fortunately killed.
This car is only hit at the lower portion, only the bumper and headlight area seems to have damage this makes me this think that the driver of this car hit a sitting cow. Just a guess.
Old 10th December 2009, 01:59   #4128
BHPian

Quote:
The cow was (un)fortunately killed.
i'm sorry but i don't get why anyone would say that. dude with all respect even if the animal was at fault i don't see how it's death would be a fortunate incident.
Old 10th December 2009, 02:06   #4129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
i'm sorry but i don't get why anyone would say that. dude with all respect even if the animal was at fault i don't see how it's death would be a fortunate incident.
Thats the exact same thought that came to my mind when i read it.
Old 10th December 2009, 06:35   #4130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Sorry to hear about the damage to your car. I know exactly what it feels like. Someone in my building cleaned out their fridge and threw a lump of solid ice out and it landed on my car's roof, resulted in a big dent and several dimples.

By the way, what is the insurance premium that you pay on your vehicle? & how much is your NCB? pretty sure that you must have done the calculations, my queries are more from information view point.
Throwing household garbage out of window on street, is our national habit. So we are in the same boat.

My current NCB is 45% and is more than 11,000 which will rise to 50% on renewal in March. I would have got about 8,000 as the claim amount which for broken wind screen, hence I did not press the claim.
Old 10th December 2009, 08:00   #4131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In case of humans its unfortunate to get killed but in case of animals, its better to get killed than living with some injuries or a broken leg. Hope you got his point.

Last edited by clevermax : 10th December 2009 at 08:07.
Old 10th December 2009, 09:10   #4132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
In case of humans its unfortunate to get killed but in case of animals, its better to get killed than living with some injuries or a broken leg. Hope you got his point.
That sounds kind of strange to me too.
Why animals should not live with injuries? Why animal injuries cannot be treated and cured? Why that doesn't apply to human too? Why not humans better get killed than living with injuries or a broken leg.?

Every living being on earth has the right to live - with or without injuries /broken limbs. Every such accidental death is 'unfortunate'.
Completely but I strongly felt I must comment here.
Old 10th December 2009, 09:23   #4133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Why animals should not live with injuries?

Every living being on earth has the right to live - with or without injuries /broken limbs. Every such accidental death is 'unfortunate'.
I think you didnt get his point. If an animal gets injured, there is very less chance that it will taken care of, by anyone. In that sense, its worse off, than getting killed.

I totally agree with your sentiments towards animals.
Old 10th December 2009, 09:52   #4134
Senior - BHPian

What "SID" told was IMO might be like this. it was fortunate that the cow died because that useless SX4 might be riding very fast and it was unfortunate that before knowing what is happening or what was the concequnce it died.
Old 10th December 2009, 09:55   #4135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Thats the exact same thought that came to my mind when i read it.
Totally agree with you guy's on this why to say that it was fortunate.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:26   #4136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Saw a man hit by a Wagon-R on Ring Road at Lajpat Nagar at around 7.30 p.m. on Monday, 7th Dec.
this person was jaywalking on the ring road and got hit. And at the same time I also noticed the iron grill (though not sufficiently high) on central median to keep jaywalkers at bay. When will we learn that taking such shortcuts can prove to be so costly that one ends up paying with his/her life..
If people don't stop for their lives or rather carry their lives on their palms then I don't know what they'll stop at.
Education/awareness is good on paper only when value for life and regard for others is zilch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
two girls (rag pickers) came running from one side of the road to the other.

my heart just stopped they barely avoided been hit by indica santro NHC and a bus

it took me about 5 mins to totally come to my senses and during the 5 mins all the pain from my accident few months ago came back

the government should do something so check these kind of things
You were kidding right ? Then who will collect fines ?
Old 10th December 2009, 10:34   #4137
Senior - BHPian

Santro banged up at the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01841.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 12:24   #4138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your Santro? I hope not..
Old 10th December 2009, 21:19   #4139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Why animals should not live with injuries? Why animal injuries cannot be treated and cured? Why that doesn't apply to human too? Why not humans better get killed than living with injuries or a broken leg.?

Completely but I strongly felt I must comment here.
We can sit in the comfort of our homes and write pages about Animal rights. But what's happening out there? If a cow gets a broken leg, that will be most probably sent to the butcher, or it will be left as it is, to suffer severe pain for days or months or may be for the rest of the poor Animal's life. If it is a pet dog of someone who has time, money and love to treat the dog, then may be it will get treatment like humans. In case of us humans, we can go to a hospital and lie down in a bed until it is cured.

This is the reason why I at least I supported the statement 'it was fortunate that the cow died'. Yes, it is unfortunate too, that it lost its life.

Old 10th December 2009, 21:30   #4140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like it reversed into a lamp-post. Not yours, I presume!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks