Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 21:03   #4171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Got these in an email forward.

Accident at MahaMaya Flyover Near NoidaSec-16A-- pics taken at 8 AM , 10th Dec 09
Just checked 10 Dec's local hindi newspaper Dainik Jagran, Noida edition. It reports that the truck fell from several feet on to the alto.Thankfully both the drivers are safe and had only minor scratches.
Secondly according to the same report both the drivers settled the matter there, called up the crane to tow the truck and the police wasn't informed.
Old 13th December 2009, 06:00   #4172
BHPian

We still are on talking terms, but still... the damage done to my vehicle cant be undone, it cost me money..and 8 months been without my car, thats too much to give up. I know how I have handled my patience. Every single day told my self that the car will hit the streets again.

Everyday my friends, colleagues at work look at me with an expectation that my car would be ready but I have only one answer 'Its not ready'.

I cant forget what I have gone through... just because of that silly thing what he did. My car got tagged with 'accident' name on it.

Im glad that I still have my car, some ppl lose theirs forever after such accidents. Had it been any other car I doubt, it would have either turned turtle, injured someone or climed the flyover wall. Im totally into seatbealts, I cant ask for anything else. It could have been worse. No one expects such incidents to happen, its just that you face such things when you expect it the least.

Today my self confidence on driving has now lowered even more, I dont know if there is a road beyond that cbd belapur flyover coz I never saw it in my car, that was the dead end for my car.

We made it by bus. So, anyways, this was my experience.
Old 13th December 2009, 09:00   #4173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Just checked 10 Dec's local hindi newspaper Dainik Jagran, Noida edition. It reports that the truck fell from several feet on to the alto.Thankfully both the drivers are safe and had only minor scratches.
Secondly according to the same report both the drivers settled the matter there, called up the crane to tow the truck and the police wasn't informed.
can you provide a clip of that news ?
Old 13th December 2009, 09:24   #4174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
can you provide a clip of that news ?
Tried scanning the report, couldn't do due to some problem. Here is the link to the online news of Dainik Jagran. Sorry the report was on 11 Dec,09 edition. One of the pictures in the print edition is exactly the same as posted in this thread.

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/loca...6011890_1.html
Old 13th December 2009, 11:05   #4175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilanjar View Post
...just because of that silly thing what he did...
Whoa! Did he grab the wheel? Nope... You did it, and that is what you should never forget, as it will help to make the rest of your driving life safer.

If you couldn't withstand your friend's interferance, what will you do when you have a screaming child in the car with you?

Of course, it's natural to mad at that guy, and I'd probably never take him anywhere again, but it's important to take the resposibility as the driver.

Your confidence will grow again. It is a good thing not to have too much, anyway! An accident of any kind really throws the spotlight on what is wrong with our driving.

Anyway; be mad at the other guy, sure: but don't blame him!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 13th December 2009 at 11:07.
Old 13th December 2009, 13:05   #4176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Whoa! Did he grab the wheel? Nope... You did it, and that is what you should never forget, as it will help to make the rest of your driving life safer.

Anyway; be mad at the other guy, sure: but don't blame him!
+1 to this, please learn to ignore others. he did nothing to control the car, steering, gas, clutch, brakes, handbrakes, indicators , nothing, all actions were yours and accept the mistake and dont pass the blame on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Tried scanning the report, couldn't do due to some problem. Here is the link to the online news of Dainik Jagran. Sorry the report was on 11 Dec,09 edition. One of the pictures in the print edition is exactly the same as posted in this thread.

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/loca...6011890_1.html
Thanks for this, could not see pictures in the online version - link above.

Meanwhile saw this truck today morning being stuck at Loni Road, GZB, drivers and helpers missing, the locals were searching for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0478.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0479.jpg  

Last edited by tanwaramit : 13th December 2009 at 13:09.
Old 13th December 2009, 13:35   #4177
Senior - BHPian

Shouldn't be too hard to push it out I guess. You just need a lot of people pushing it.
Old 13th December 2009, 14:00   #4178
BHPian

If I am right in concluding that this truck is loaded with sand, I am sure that the load is around 50 tons.
Old 13th December 2009, 15:56   #4179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Shouldn't be too hard to push it out I guess. You just need a lot of people pushing it.
Going by the load on the truck, around a 100 people perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
If I am right in concluding that this truck is loaded with sand, I am sure that the load is around 50 tons.
Me thinks they will need to unload al the sand and then push/pull that truck out. It seems too heavy to do that with the sand still in it.
Old 13th December 2009, 17:51   #4180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Three crashes seen on today's Modinagar trip. Early morning, a Getz had gone out of control and jumped the divider near the Mayur Vihar Phase 3 crossing. Car was a total wreck, both front and rear suspensions ripped out. Smoke and steam still coming out of the engine when I passed the area. Appears it had hit pedestrians - two people lying on the seats, who did not look like owner/driver.
I also saw this accident while going to Roorkee (I think we both were at that spot at the same time).. it looked like the car was traveling from Mayur Vihar side to Noida, driver lost control or suddenly some one came in front of the car and the car hit the obstacle and the the electric pole (Coz the pole was bent).
Old 13th December 2009, 20:22   #4181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
How bad is the state of the WagonR? Curious to know how the tin box fared against the solid build of the Fabia.
I think you must have seen the pics by now - the Fabia damage is much much more than the Tin box ( as you keep calling Marutis time and again). But this is not to say that WR is a safer car than Fabia - would be childish and foolish to draw such conclusions from accident pics alone.

But there are Lessons for those who think that heaviness and tank like build, thud form doors etc. translate to a very safe car. The most important safety factor is the person behind the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
OMG!! Horrible pics Dr. trrk. The lorry's tire is literally inside the WagonR and is till the back seat!!! Tinbox indeed.
*sigh*

Last edited by DCEite : 13th December 2009 at 20:29.
Old 13th December 2009, 20:59   #4182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
The most important safety factor is the person behind the wheel.
With all due respect, this cliched statement reduces the value we place on buying a safe car. I've seen this sentence time and again, when we discuss cars and their safety. Someone always swoops in and says that at the end of the day, its the driver who is the most important safety factor and that more or less concludes the debate.

The point is this: The driver's skill and safety is an independent factor when we compare the safety of different cars. I'd rather be in a safe car than an unsafe one irrespective of my driver's ability. Sure, the driver's skill levels do influence the odds of you meeting with an accident. But when you're comparing different cars and their safety, the driver is a factor that isn't supposed to come into the picture.

The question clevermax asked was whether the Fabia's better build translates to better safety. I don't know what the answer is to that one, but I sure know that its got nothing to do with the driver of the car.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:55   #4183
BHPian

Guys, just saw the news were it says that there has been an head-on collision between a trailor truck and a bus on Bombay Road somewhere between Kharagpur and Kolaghat bridge[which is towards Kolkata]. AFAIK, 10 odd people are dead while another 25 are seriously injured. The place, I know for sure, is extremely accident prone as 1 full side that leads away from Kolkata is often closed. My father and I have had an extremely close call about a year back when, at around 10 at night my father missed a head on collision with a bus by probably only a foot!
The NH authorities needs to take action against such cases.
Old 14th December 2009, 08:39   #4184
Senior - BHPian

^^Thats sad man! More here:
http://news.rediff.com/report/2009/d...-in-howrah.htm
Taken from Rediff.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 14th December 2009 at 08:51.
Old 14th December 2009, 08:48   #4185
Senior - BHPian

The Hindu : Front Page : 3 killed in car-truck collision on ECR

Quote:
In the impact, three men inside the car were killed. The injured were rushed to the Global Hospital in Perumbakkam,” said Mr. Sankaralingam from the accident site. The condition of the injured is critical.
Undivided roads pose lots of risks on this super smooth road esp during nights. I guess drunken driving would be comparably high at this stretch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks