Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 03:08   #4276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Still wondering how the door could have gotten crushed so badly. Seems like a refaced jelly bean model of the Zen and I am certain there were side impact beams which seem non-existant from the way the door has been bent in this picture.

Zen has no side impact bar/beam in the doors. It is at the mercy of the pressed sheet metal structure. So better no mess around any side impact's.

I had a close one with our Zen, so preferred to take the frontal impact & which really was effective (saved mine and another front passenger's life with minor bruise for each in the crash), although it costed me a 40k of repair bill.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:04   #4277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
good question there. Experts can you define the word "Accident", should this be termed as a accident. This looks more like an over enthusiastic truckie trying out a wheelie.
Yes,

It is a good question. Not only this even a small scratch or reverse hit damages at garage also considered as accident. So the experts can define what are the factors of accidents.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:46   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Here are couple of pics from one of my accidents wherein i was rear ended by a esteem ( taxi ) . He was doing around 90 and me around 70 when it happened.

My altos rear went above his hood and then came back and by the time my car came back on the road the brakes had failed and only by gods grace there were no cars coming behind me and i managed to pull the hand brake and pull the car to halt almost 70-80 mts after he hit me.

i will look for more pics and vids that i have to provide more clarity.

Total damage - Rs 44000 and thru insurance it was around 7k
Sad to see harish,
I think this the event when you shifted again to 12” wheels. How brake failure occurred? Rear wheels are seems at correct position!! I think there is no damage to rear tie (wheel connector).
Detailing of 44k will be useful...
Old 25th December 2009, 02:51   #4279
BHPian

I took on a truck near kharar ,mohali ,panjab ,I was driving alone, & was on my way back to chandigarh after dropping my friend at ropar.The police report says that the fault was all his ,& The truck too lost its front axle, in exchange & i live to tell the tale.

Old 26th December 2009, 09:29   #4280
BHPian

Indica Accident

Indica Accident

At Kalyani, WB. The car was coming from the wrong side and hit a truck head on. Nobody was hurt. The Truck was nowhere to be seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-slide1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-slide2.jpg  

Old 26th December 2009, 10:17   #4281
Senior - BHPian

This happen on the Palgar highway. I got to see this one in thane. Zero life damage.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20091225144132.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20091225144145.jpg

This is a very bad damage.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20091225144217.jpg
Old 26th December 2009, 14:44   #4282
Senior - BHPian

Saw this at the petrol pump next to columbus school ( SRK's school ) where i was getting the balancing and alignment done for my ride.

Looks like the engine compartment took the entire impact with no damage to the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0773.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0774.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0775.jpg  

Old 26th December 2009, 15:18   #4283
BHPian

Just to share with ya all, this last 10 days has been loaded with accidents in Vashi-Belapur.

Last monday, an Alto run inside the divider near Nerul Signal 1 on Palm Beach Rd
Next day, Another vehicle run inside the divider after Nerul signal 1 after Sagar Vihar on Palm Beach Rd
Last 3-4 days, some more tell tale signs of divider run in by vehicles near the lake on Palm Beach Rd. Glass shards on lane 1.
Day before yest evening, some major accident happened on Palm Beach Rd near Nerul Signal 1 in the evening. The place had over 30+ vehicles on both sides and cops all over.
Yesterday morning, a police constable and his family met with a horrific accident at the Toll booth when an over speeding tanker rammed them from the back while paying the tolls.

5 more days to go before the year ends and I hope the figures stop here.

Guys, just requesting, for your safety and others, this week is a messy one with lots of inebriated drivers out there. Please drive a little slower than usual and watch out for those nuts on the road. Lets welcome the new year with some caution.

A brake in time, saves nine :-)
Old 26th December 2009, 18:04   #4284
BHPian

This accident happened to a friend of mine , it was a ford fusion diesel . My friend escaped the accident unhurt while the vehicle took all the brunt of the accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image000.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image002.jpg  

Old 26th December 2009, 19:40   #4285
BHPian

^Which was the other vehicle involved? I mean what monster can cause such a damage to a ford fusion?This vehicle seems done forever.
Old 26th December 2009, 19:52   #4286
BHPian

My friend slept of while driving and he moved towards the right side of the road and hit a 800 coming in the opposite direction and then on an towards a tree .

if you look at the pictures of the front bumper of the ford fusion the damage is on the left side and that's where the 800 was hit.

This happened on the Thrissur Guruyaoor route .
Old 26th December 2009, 21:01   #4287
BHPian

^^^thrissur guruvayoor route is one of the deadliest due to the private buses operating there.Glad that his life was saved anyways.
Old 26th December 2009, 22:02   #4288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
My friend slept of while driving and he moved towards the right side of the road and hit a 800 coming in the opposite direction and then on an towards a tree
Oh man your friend should have stopped and some place to relax instead of driving drowsy.
what happened to 800 and is all passengers safe in 800?
Old 27th December 2009, 09:30   #4289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
what happened to 800 and is all passengers safe in 800?
the passengers on the 800 is also safe ,
Old 27th December 2009, 14:44   #4290
Senior - BHPian

Businessman kills one while on a test drive

Its in the papers today. A businessman allegedly crashed an Audi into a Hyundai i10 on the Gurgaon-Sohna road.

The guy was out on a test drive and doing speeds around 135kmph.

Of the 4 occupants in the i10, one died on the spot while two were critically injured.

What sort of madness is this?

Why would one drive at 135 kmph the first time they sit inside a car? I am sure most of us here have clocked a lot of kms and driven a lot of cars, but aren't we all cautious for the first 20-30 mins when we are driving a new car?

It is disappointing to see such incidents only increase in frequency. One would think that education might have a sobering effect on people, but that clearly is not the case.

The accused allegedly fled the scene without trying to help the victims.

This would mean stricter regulations on test drives. The already reluctant dealers will have another reason to deny us TDs.

Views please...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks