Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 09:56   #4381
BANNED

(tried editing my post, but ran out of time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
The over all preliminary estimate loss is 1.15 cr which does not include the lives and injury. A sad new year of that area.

Look at the property loss figures - more than 1.15 crores is assessed. Time to look into third party property lsos clauses in our insurance policies. Right now, the limit with standard premium is 7.5 lakh.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:26   #4382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yea, there would have been some sparks from which the LPG got ignited. I also heard that the fire started when someone turned on the headlights of the police car near the tanker.
if LPG was leaking, any spark will light it up. Any circuit break will cause sparks. that's why if we smell LPG, we should not touch any eletrical switches.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:02   #4383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
The Karunagapally accident took 4 lives so far and 15 seriously injured. 18 house and four shops gutted. The over all preliminary estimate loss is 1.15 cr which does not include the lives and injury. A sad new year of that area.
Some pictures from the printed media. I have blurred out some graphic images from the first picture.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07200.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07199.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00362.jpg

Heard that the truck driver was a 20 year old hailing from some town in Tamil Nadu. Is that a legal age to drive an heavy vehicle that too loaded with inflammable Liquid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Hey, in that Malayalam Site, the red Wagon-R looks relatively safe (other than the crumple damage). Its not burnt at all.
Isn't the WagonR a mess? It's a miracle that the driver survived... or did he? If he is alive, then I think the car was parked on the roadside and he was outside.

Last edited by clevermax : 1st January 2010 at 11:11.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:47   #4384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Heard that the truck driver was a 20 year old hailing from some town in Tamil Nadu. Is that a legal age to drive an heavy vehicle that too loaded with inflammable Liquid?
Yes, the legal age is 18 and above.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:45   #4385
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Yes, the legal age is 18 and above.
It is 20 for transport vehicles.

See. http://dorth.gov.in/writereaddata/su...8488965022.pdf

That is only partl of the story. For heavy vehicle license, you need to wait for one year after obtaining an LMV (light motor vehicle) license.

Some interesting pdf links

http://dorth.gov.in/writereaddata/su...9296282989.pdf
http://dorth.gov.in/writereaddata/su...4804287442.pdf

Unfortunately, the "educational qualifications" part has not been enforced fully so far.
Old 1st January 2010, 13:27   #4386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
It is 20 for transport vehicles.

See. http://dorth.gov.in/writereaddata/su...8488965022.pdf
Thanks. I googled it and came across this link which wrongly said it was 18.
Old 1st January 2010, 13:51   #4387
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to the Audi VS I 10 accident, we cannot say that the i10 has a poor build. The car was T-boned at 120 kmph, a very high speed at that.The car is designed to disperse the impact and try to save lives, whic is the function of today's cars.

OT: Posting some pics of German Cars that are destroyed beyond recognition from wreckedexotics.

Pic 1: Audi R8 split into 2.
Pic 2 and 3: E 60 BMW M5 split into 2. hardly recognizable in 3rd pic.
Pic 4: BMW 730 D 2002 model.
Pic 5: W212 e class

Drive Safely. and responsibly.In this new year.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1r8_20090912_001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2m5_20091020_001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2m5_20091020_002.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-7series_20091108_001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-eclass_20091212_100.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 1st January 2010 at 13:52.
Old 1st January 2010, 22:13   #4388
BHPian

New Year's Drunken Grand Prix

Five Drunken Morons decided to race in the wee hours of New Year. Result: Two morons killed in the Zen Car. One moron in swift is in ICU while another moron escaped with minor injuries. Three other morons in the swift fled from the scene after the accident. The Zen car also mowed a Traffic Inspector and a Pedestrian. The incident happened after the zen car and swift car lost control at high speed.

It is not yet clear how many have been killed or injured. One Paper is reporting seven, another four.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-zen.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-swift.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Old 1st January 2010, 22:21   #4389
Senior - BHPian

When I was coming from Mahabalipuram to day through ECR, I saw an Indicab on the junction of ECR Sholinganallur. I was driving and the grand children aged 7 and 9 were with me, So could not stop and see the horrible scene of the Indica. It was facing towards Tiruvanmiyur. The front passenger windscreen was broken. The driver side wind screen and the bonnet was fully covered by dry blood. Horrible. Some other members traveled to Sholinganallur might have seen closely. I could not snap. Seems it is the offering to New Year joy.

Another accident news was that a bus hit a lorry or truck near Madurai. The truck was carrying match boxes and it was burnt. One died.

Last edited by navan49 : 1st January 2010 at 22:25.
Old 1st January 2010, 22:56   #4390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Five Drunken Morons decided to race in the wee hours of New Year. Result: Two morons killed in the Zen Car. One moron in swift is in ICU while another moron escaped with minor injuries. Three other morons in the swift fled from the scene after the accident. The Zen car also mowed a Traffic Inspector and a Pedestrian. The incident happened after the zen car and swift car lost control at high speed.
It is not yet clear how many have been killed or injured. One Paper is reporting seven, another four.
Did they make it to 2010? Yeah, morons! I had to drive to city around 11:30 Pm yesterday to pick up my brother from bus stand. On the way, a Lancer came at breakneck speed from opposite side and swerved towards my side of the road when we were just about to pass each other. I immediately reacted and swerved to my left to avoid a collision.... they must 've been drunk. They had High beams on and was honking continuously on an almost empty road.

Last edited by clevermax : 1st January 2010 at 22:58.
Old 1st January 2010, 23:28   #4391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Where did it happened ?
Old 2nd January 2010, 09:16   #4392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Where did it happened ?

it happened near the Airport.

its been said that the guys in swift are college students and went to airport to have IceCream.

its and Hoirrible accident..

here is the link for the accident
Welcome - Times Of India ePaper
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-getimage4.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2010, 09:59   #4393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats ghastly........
Old 2nd January 2010, 10:32   #4394
Senior - BHPian

the white swift looks very familiar!!.
is he a bhpian or is he stuying in my college? only time will tell.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:06   #4395
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
the white swift looks very familiar!!.
is he a bhpian or is he stuying in my college? only time will tell.
Oh yes that white Swift looks very familiar. And so does the Zen. I've seen both the cars prowling the streets quite often. The thing is, I have an eye for cars with even regular after-market bits slapped on them. And that's how I recognize these cars. My father had a lot to say about this accident in the morning. He kept talking to me about how irresponsible it is to race. And I have always agreed with him, so I wonder why he feels that I indulge myself in such 'racing'!

Most Viewed