Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 22:06   #4456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Seen in RK Puram in Delhi this morning - the result of speeding in dense fog at night. The Indica went under a truck and knocked out its rear axle. Speaks a lot about the tough bodyshell of the Indica. Not sure how the Indica acquired the dent in the rear though.
Wow! TATA vs. TATA - smaller one making such a big dent in the bigger one.. maybe size doesn't matter afterall
Old 16th January 2010, 22:22   #4457
BHPian

Indica vs Truck

Looking at the comments related to Indica vs Truck, i can tell, that there is a fundamental problem with the way people interpret an accident, in India - Enertainment

They try to interpret who won the accident, or how bad it was. Such is the mentality. There is nothing wrong with you, its just your mindset.

I think that the truck was stationary or moving very slow on the fast lane.
This is very dangerous. When will people learn to drive slower vehicles that are prone to breakdown on the left lane , and move their vehicle out of the road if it is not moving!!
Old 16th January 2010, 23:12   #4458
Distinguished - BHPian

...When they also learn to drive at a speed where stopping distance is less than visibility.

Why do they project themselves into the unknown at lethal speeds?
Old 16th January 2010, 23:17   #4459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
...When they also learn to drive at a speed where stopping distance is less than visibility.

Why do they project themselves into the unknown at lethal speeds?
Never - since most of them are plain "Stupid"
Senior BHPians driving @ 100 Kmph comfortably on their Zen is just disaster waiting to happen
Old 16th January 2010, 23:18   #4460
BHPian

.....right, and wrong - the truck was most likely stationary in the middle of the road, or was moving very slow, in the faster lane - that is exactly why the rear Axle is out..........this is what happens when a fast moving car hits a stationary truck
Old 16th January 2010, 23:25   #4461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Seen in RK Puram in Delhi this morning - the result of speeding in dense fog at night. The Indica went under a truck and knocked out its rear axle. Speaks a lot about the tough bodyshell of the Indica. Not sure how the Indica acquired the dent in the rear though.
Just see , here the lorry is in the fast lane , because of teh mist it could have defnitely travelled in very slow speed which is the primary cause for the accident. The carelessness of the Indica driver contributed to it.

I see that the lack of road saftey education is the main cause this type of accidents.

still many of the cab/lorry drivers does not know about the speed tracks on the road , I see very less sign boards on road showing the break up of the tracks on a multilined road.

This have to be considred as a serious issue and have to be rectified.
Old 16th January 2010, 23:37   #4462
Senior - BHPian

ZOMG! the indica's cabin is completely intact - really sturdy car! The track looks like it's been bulldozed!
Old 17th January 2010, 01:40   #4463
Distinguished - BHPian

The single most stupid thing a driver can do is to drive straight into something straight in front of them. The fact that it shouldn't have been there is an issue, but not the issue.
Old 17th January 2010, 03:27   #4464
BHPian

but he didnt do it on purpose, it was said that it was foggy morning (in Delhi) it gets cold there and really foggy this time of the year
Old 17th January 2010, 11:07   #4465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Looking at the comments related to Indica vs Truck, i can tell, that there is a fundamental problem with the way people interpret an accident, in India - Enertainment
Yes boss, you are absolutely correct. It definitely amuses me my friend. I have zilch sympathies for drivers who not only put their lives at risk, but put others at peril because of their stupidity.

Quote:
They try to interpret who won the accident, or how bad it was. Such is the mentality. There is nothing wrong with you, its just your mindset.
Yes, humour me mate..

Quote:
I think that the truck was stationary or moving very slow on the fast lane.
This is very dangerous. When will people learn to drive slower vehicles that are prone to breakdown on the left lane , and move their vehicle out of the road if it is not moving!!
Hmm.. interesting observation/conclusion. Only yesterday there was an accident on Greater Noida e-way where a dumper brokedown in the middle lane thereby causing a pileup of 15 vehicles. Now, the point is, in case of breakdown, one has to necessarily wait for a tow-away vehicle if the vehicle is big (read truck) or beyond being pushed aside. Point taken, but how about the axle in the pics which is completely obstructing the center lane!
Oh yes, maybe its my mindset which makes me see humour in such accidents in India.

PS - I am sure you would symapthise with riders in BLR who drive on foothpath and slip/skid because there's a tile or two missing. Nothing wrong with you mate, its your mindset

PPS - just remembered, 'in India', those roads where it is a free for all, survivors/victims of such accidents (read suicide) 'entertain'. Those roads, where folks are disciplined and respect others, an accident is truly tragic and the victims deserve sympathy.

PPPS - wow, perfect example of ''holier than thou attitude'!! All these posts are from you on this very thread where accidents are being seen as entertainers. Either there is a very drastic heart change you have underwent, or it is your mindset
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1293522
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1224753
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1153469
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1143395
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post950239
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1152779

PPPPS - Mods, please do not consider this to be a personal attack as per the forum rules. I am only trying to reply to a personal attack inflicted on by a fellow member who adopts double standards (obvious from his posts above) - one for himself and one for others.

Last edited by AlokSriva : 17th January 2010 at 11:09.
Old 17th January 2010, 11:42   #4466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but he didnt do it on purpose
You don't say? Here I was thinking all along that the Indica driver was on some kind of suicide mission.
Old 17th January 2010, 12:08   #4467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric_su View Post
Senior BHPians driving @ 100 Kmph comfortably on their Zen is just disaster waiting to happen
And why is that ? Please reply in detail on why you are calling 100 kmph in a zen (rated enthu's car by an admin here) a disasterous proposition and on a stretch (Belgaum - Kol mind you rated one of the best in the country). I am interested coz I sometimes drive on this stretch and unknowingly, due to refined engine levels (upto date maintenance), and premium fuel (Shell for easy going engine), touch 100 or beyond.
Old 17th January 2010, 12:27   #4468
Senior - BHPian

This is what you end up with when you park your car besides the 'Zoo' wall.

The wall fell on the car and to make matters worse, the portion of the wall which fell was the one which was supporting the Animal waste tank and the whole area was filled with animal poo n other stuffs. Took firefighters n civilians a day to clean up the mess and when they were done, this is whats left for the poor Omni owner.

Notice the wall behind the car which is fell off and is currently under construction !
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0451.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0450.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0452.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0455.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0454.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0453.jpg  

Old 17th January 2010, 13:16   #4469
Senior - BHPian

Jesus christ Sco ..... that's CRAZY!!

On another note, I personally find it hilarious of people preaching this that about safety in the fog yada yada. And in real life, on the expressway and major roads of gurgaon, everyone's doing 40-60 kph happily and much faster on the main expressway.

Case of keyboard jockeying without actually experiencing the fog to realize it isnt half as much as its cracked up to be?
Old 17th January 2010, 13:24   #4470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
You don't say? Here I was thinking all along that the Indica driver was on some kind of suicide mission.
Haha.. But on a more serious note, Indicab drivers do seem like they're on a suicide mission most of the time. Give them a quarter of the Ol' Monk's finest and they'll even offer others on the road a one way ticket to 'a better place'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
This is what you end up with when you park your car besides the 'Zoo' wall.....
again! Talk about being poo-ed on! This is ridiculous!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks