Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 00:36   #4531
Senior - BHPian

^Whoa!!! Any idea how'd that happen?

btw looks like a NHC or City ZX

EDIT - oops! we posted at nearly the same time!

Last edited by sohail99 : 24th January 2010 at 00:38.
Old 24th January 2010, 00:40   #4532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Beast View Post
Is that a logan? Very Bad crash.
No, it is not. Any more guesses?

Again, this car was driven by my batch mates of my college towards kerala.
Old 24th January 2010, 00:40   #4533
BHPian

Yes.. its a NHC. Check the wheel cap of the front wheel.
Old 24th January 2010, 00:49   #4534
Senior - BHPian

Saw the reply just now, thought it was a Ford Fiesta...That looks pretty bad shape, any survivors???

Last edited by xingamazon : 24th January 2010 at 00:52.
Old 24th January 2010, 00:50   #4535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^Whoa!!! Any idea how'd that happen?

btw looks like a NHC or City ZX

EDIT - oops! we posted at nearly the same time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Its a honda city for sure. (NHC).(Look at the wheel caps,YHeadlight, Right rear door lever)
How did this happen BTW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
It's a Honda City. Guessing everyone survived

Yes, it is a NHC ZX.

Sadly, one guy was killed while he was taken to the hospital. It was Onam eve ,2008. Classes were over by afternoon and the holiday mood was on! This guy went to his room and brought this then spanking NHC ZX to college, gets few of his best buddies into the car and i see the car being floored in and out of the campus without any reason. I could hear tyre squeals. I just move on, catch my town bus to reach coimbatore from there. Its around 8 PM and i get a missed call from one of the guys who work in my college canteen. I call him back and he says that one guy is dead, the honda city met with an accident. I was shell shocked.

FYI, this car did NOT hit any other vehicle. This is what happened. Car was doing around 120+. Rain + Bad roads, the guy tries overtaking an auto, while he sees an oncoming lorry. He frantically brakes, car skids, loses control, somersaults many times and goes into the fields.

The co-passenger is dead. The guy behind the wheel has broken bones n hips. The guys at the back had broken bones and only one guy had the least injury because he just hugged the front seat once he knew the car was out of control.

None other than the guy who drove were wearing seat belts.
Old 24th January 2010, 01:56   #4536
Distinguished - BHPian

Fool driver deserves to suffer for that. Pretty tough, though, on one so young.

To continue in boring mode: is it good taste to turn a fatal accident into a guessing game? I don't think so.
Old 24th January 2010, 02:06   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Yes, it is a NHC ZX.

Sadly, one guy was killed while he was taken to the hospital. It was Onam eve ,2008. Classes were over by afternoon and the holiday mood was on! This guy went to his room and brought this then spanking NHC ZX to college, gets few of his best buddies into the car and i see the car being floored in and out of the campus without any reason. I could hear tyre squeals. I just move on, catch my town bus to reach coimbatore from there. Its around 8 PM and i get a missed call from one of the guys who work in my college canteen. I call him back and he says that one guy is dead, the honda city met with an accident. I was shell shocked.

FYI, this car did NOT hit any other vehicle. This is what happened. Car was doing around 120+. Rain + Bad roads, the guy tries overtaking an auto, while he sees an oncoming lorry. He frantically brakes, car skids, loses control, somersaults many times and goes into the fields.

The co-passenger is dead. The guy behind the wheel has broken bones n hips. The guys at the back had broken bones and only one guy had the least injury because he just hugged the front seat once he knew the car was out of control.

Its a saddening incident.Just wearing seat belt(takes 2 seconds) could have saved their lives.Just a seat belt.:-(
I mean it has to do with bad driving,intoxication(if the driver was) and last thing being a bad road.Because 120+ + Rain is not much of a big deal. I mean you go in london where it rains quite often ,people do make 120+ now and then. Before anyone quote me saying that its london buddy not india and they have nice motorways out there then dont forget i have mentioned " Bad Road" already as a reason.

Last edited by Car-e-ok : 24th January 2010 at 02:10.
Old 24th January 2010, 02:09   #4538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
Its a saddening incident.Just wearing seat belt(takes 2 seconds) could have saved their lives.Just a seat belt.:-(
. However, how many of the rear seat passengers in India wear seat belts?
Old 24th January 2010, 02:11   #4539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it is a NHC ZX.

Oh such a sad story, let his soul rest in peace. I remember that I had read this news in papers at onam time.
Old 24th January 2010, 08:00   #4540

Quote:
Yes, it is a NHC ZX.

I had a friend in that car (initials A.M.; classmate from school). Thankfully he survived - visited him in hospital - I can only imagine the pain he was in. They had to replace a metal plate in his arm (from a bunch of minor accidents) with a bigger one. It was a very sad time, it was horrible hearing him recount what happened.

The car was upside down in a paddy field and water was seeping in. A.M. recounted being pulled out and laid on the road in the rain and hearing people saying that one of them was dead.

I have copies of other shots of the car in addition to this one (including ones showing a horribly deformed steering wheel), but never shared them so as not to bring back any bad memories for those involved.
Old 24th January 2010, 10:16   #4541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Fool driver deserves to suffer for that. Pretty tough, though, on one so young.

To continue in boring mode: is it good taste to turn a fatal accident into a guessing game? I don't think so.
No games here. Just highlighting the seriousness of the accident. The car is beyond recognition. A mangled mass of metal. Got that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
I mean it has to do with bad driving,intoxication(if the driver was) and last thing being a bad road.Because 120+ + Rain is not much of a big deal. I mean you go in london where it rains quite often ,people do make 120+ now and then. Before anyone quote me saying that its london buddy not india and they have nice motorways out there then dont forget i have mentioned " Bad Road" already as a reason.
No, he was not intoxicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
. However, how many of the rear seat passengers in India wear seat belts?
Very few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshyjohnuk View Post
I had a friend in that car (initials A.M.; classmate from school). Thankfully he survived - visited him in hospital - I can only imagine the pain he was in. They had to replace a metal plate in his arm (from a bunch of minor accidents) with a bigger one. It was a very sad time, it was horrible hearing him recount what happened.

The car was upside down in a paddy field and water was seeping in. A.M. recounted being pulled out and laid on the road in the rain and hearing people saying that one of them was dead.

I have copies of other shots of the car in addition to this one (including ones showing a horribly deformed steering wheel), but never shared them so as not to bring back any bad memories for those involved.
Yes buddy, A.M is my friend too. It was an unfortunate evening for them.
Old 24th January 2010, 10:38   #4542
BHPian

@ DRIV3R

Sad to Hear bout the co passenger
its always that the guy on wheels survives and the co passenger suffers

when i saw the pic for the first time , the only thing made me suprise was the front sun flaps on co passenger side was having a plastic packing which nornaly are there on Brand New cars

No driving experience is the result of such disaster
Old 24th January 2010, 11:17   #4543
Senior - BHPian

Parents who buy their kids cars (a Honda City for Christ's sake!) are partially to blame for these accidents.
It is sad that a life was lost due to the utter stupidity of the driver. If nothing else, his conscience is bound to hound him for the rest of his life for "killing" his friend.
Old 24th January 2010, 14:19   #4544
Senior - BHPian

That is real Sad..Similar thing happened to my friends in Dehradun.Vehicle involved was a Esteem, only difference was it had hit a tree sideways.1( person sitting in back seat) was icu-ed for couple of months with problem in backbone, others escaped scratchless.
Old 24th January 2010, 15:59   #4545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Parents who buy their kids cars (a Honda City for Christ's sake!) are partially to blame for these accidents.
A Honda City is just a plain family car. Maybe it is the perception that it is some sort of performance vehicle that leads to it being driven as one.

DRIV3R, In my absolute horror at this accident it escaped my mind to extend sympathy and condolences to you and all the friends and family involved. I think it is one of the most shocking incidents this thread has documented. Sometimes the death of one can save many --- if they do not forget. Even I read this thread to remind myself that cars and roads are dangerous and human bodies are fragile.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks