Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 17:38   #4591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He would say no issues this is a test drive car...
More evidence of the stupidity of sales staff, who will say anything.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:46   #4592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Irrespective of what they say, what happens if you crash the car? I assume you are responsible as the driver of the car if a police case is filed. But what about the damage to the vehicle?

And along the same lines, if you smash the car through a bad road and its suspension is damaged, is that your responsibility too?
Old 1st February 2010, 19:04   #4593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The Holy Grail in Indian motoring: Always expect the unexpected. This will cut reaction times and accidents drastically.
Well said, it has been a golden rule for me. Whenever I lowered my guards, I have had surprises. Our roads are full of uncertainties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
His vehicle was a TN registration and as we were on our way to Whitefield, the cops near KR Puram flyover pull us over and start asking for documents. Then they ask for Emission. He has the TN emission, but they insisted on a KA emission. I mean, he was in Bangalore for just 2 days. Do we need KA emission for a TN vehicle for a 2 day trip? End result was a Rs100 spot fine, with no challan whatsoever! I mean, this is really sad.
I have a feeling that TN vehicles are specifically targeted in KA, may be for some political reason.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:27   #4594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post

I have a feeling that TN vehicles are specifically targeted in KA, may be for some political reason.
I have a good reason to believe that and trust me the feeling is mutual. I was in TN last week and I had some tyre problems and had to detour into Salem City. I was asking for directions and when I saw 2 idle people sitting I stopped and asked for directions from inside the car. One of them jumped from the elevation they were sitting on and said 'Eh Eh Kannada Kannada'.
People know I know very little Kannada and almost zilch Tamil except for (Seri, Wanga Wanga, Wanakkam, Sapta cha, Yeppadi irke and stuff.)

They peeped in the car window with almost half of their bodies in and were franatically searching for something on the dash and the seat. Its a good thing I do not keeping expensive things here and there or else I would have been helpless in an alien state.

I talked to them sternly in English and they passified.
But the way they reacted looking at a KA vehicle was noticable.

Sad thing that these kind of things are a product of politicians.

Disclaimer: I do not want to generalize and comment on a particular state and its people. People of TN are the best example in India of how people of different religions and races co-exist and produce gems like Hon'able former President APJ Abdul Kalam and AR Rahman.
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:32   #4595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Irrespective of what they say, what happens if you crash the car? I assume you are responsible as the driver of the car if a police case is filed. But what about the damage to the vehicle?

And along the same lines, if you smash the car through a bad road and its suspension is damaged, is that your responsibility too?
Maybe this could be taken up in another thread. Certainly, the mods won't let us run further off-topic with this conversation here --- but there is plenty to discuss on the subject.
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:13   #4596
BHPian

city vs city

hey guys, this was what happened to my car a few months back ... a white NHC ran into my red OHC while momma was driving , in front of KIMS hospital... finally, the NHC fells got my car repaired
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20062009001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20062009.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20062009002.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2010, 09:31   #4597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
@McLaren Rulez,

To my understanding, i dont think we will have to pay for it as whenever i do the test drive i would ask the Guy, how much rash i can drive?( as a word of precautions) cos i would love to test the car on the potholes and speedbreakers. He would say no issues this is a test drive car... ( hope he would have thought that there wont be a pothole that is much deeper than the wheel size and base:P)
Quote:
Maybe this could be taken up in another thread. Certainly, the mods won't let us run further off-topic with this conversation here --- but there is plenty to discuss on the subject.
Guys, The driver has To pay for any damages done by him during the TD.What ever the sales guy might say but in the end you have to pay. Just 1 month back my friend was doing a TD of Ritz from Bimal, everything went on well but when he was taking a right turn there was a big stone used for/as divider and he hit that.The whole bumper,the guard behind the bumper got twisted and the cost was as high as 60k.The insurance guys paid 45k and my friend paid 15k from his pocket. Even here the sales guy told him to drive as he likes.So be careful while doing a TD.
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:51   #4598
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
doing a TD of Ritz from Bimal
There is a history with respect to BIMAL and Test Drives, search around the forum.
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:10   #4599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkar View Post
hey guys, this was what happened to my car a few months back ... a white NHC ran into my red OHC while momma was driving , in front of KIMS hospital... finally, the NHC fells got my car repaired
Looks like the NHC did not have any damage and hopefully your mom is out of the trauma.
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:57   #4600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkar View Post

I'm surprised the White city is not damaged, where the OHC has taken a major beating.
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:48   #4601
Distinguished - BHPian

Clear skies in Delhi, dense - and I mean really dense - fog on NH58 this morning, with visibility less than 20 metres. One of the results...

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-abcd0020.jpg

There was also a Vista-behind-a-truck-behind-a-fuel-tanker crash, which appeared very scary, and I couldn't get a picture of in the morning; on the way back the wreckage had already been cleared away because it was blocking the whole carriageway.
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:15   #4602
Senior - BHPian

from the front looks like the Swift took one helluva beating! any serious injuries or fatalities? cabin looks safe though.
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:41   #4603
Senior - BHPian

He simply decided to lay flat on his side. Spotted this on the stretch after Mandya towards Mysore.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1-1.jpg
Old 3rd February 2010, 00:01   #4604
BHPian

One more life went under the wheels of a Construction Truck tonight somewhere b/n 10.45 & 11.00 pm. The biker (pulsar ridden) went under the wheels of a heavy construction truck loaded with tarmac material at the Bagalur Junction (Yelahanka, Bengaluru) Airport road.

The truck moving at high speed with such heavy load towards Yelahanka (suspected to have jumped the signal) which mowed the biker, who had entered the NH4 from Bagalur road killing him at the spot.

The bike was dragged under the front wheel for atleast 60-80 mtrs from the signal to the halt spot, which actually ignited the fuel in the bike & finally engulfed the truck's cabin.

(attached: low resolution pics taken from my mobile)

Old 3rd February 2010, 00:40   #4605
BHPian

I took on a truck this at midnight of, december 2010, at kharar,the accident was "destined" to happen, the truck lost the front axle in exchange & I had a dislocated hip & a k-wire wrist fracture.i lost conciousness & had no memories of the accident at all.The truck driver ran away{assuming me to be dead}& ude to the fact that, all truck drivers in punjab are drunk after 10pm . The punjab police guys took me to the nearest hospital.The FIR goes against the truck driver. & as "every cloud has a silver lining" ,i'll soon have my new scorpio,now.I felt like the "Terminator" as the Doctor removed my K-wires with a plass & now I walk like arnold too.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-srv.jpg  

Most Viewed