Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 09:32   #4711
BHPian

Oh Man! It must have been an SUV looking at the impact.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:41   #4712
BHPian

I think this should be caused by the side stones/barrier in the road sides to avoid the fall.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:58   #4713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Hi..

I had an accident today. It feels weird writing about it knowing how close it came to me being an ex-member here.
Phew!! Thank goodness, nothing happened to anyone. I think you need to have a nice word with your driver.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:41   #4714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Lesson learned: No highway traveling on a car without ABS and airbags.
Was that the ONLY lesson learned?
Maybe the truck took you by surprise, but your driver could've been more careful and slower, given the wet conditions.

Trust me, even with the best of ABS, SRS and XYZ, if your driver is careless, this will happen again.

-- Torqy
Old 10th February 2010, 12:01   #4715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
if your driver is careless, this will happen again.
you can say that again! on our way to Chikmagalur in a TT (it was a night drive) the driver dozed off at the wheel and went off the shoulder and almost hit the railing. hadn't it been for one of my friend and myself (sitting in the front) who jerked the driver out of his sleep in time, all of us would have been dead. rest of the trip i was singing loudly to keep the driver awake!
Old 10th February 2010, 12:54   #4716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Phew!! Thank goodness, nothing happened to anyone. I think you need to have a nice word with your driver.
The fool jumped out the window to fight with the truck driver instead of turning the vehicle off, let alone asking us if we were alright.
I think the taxi owner kicked his backside pretty hard.

Quote:
Maybe the truck took you by surprise, but your driver could've been more careful and slower, given the wet conditions.

Trust me, even with the best of ABS, SRS and XYZ, if your driver is careless, this will happen again.

-- Torqy
Very true man!
Majorly the blame rests with our driver. Had he kept his eyes on the road, it wouldn't have happened.
I anyways rarely sit in a car without being in the driver's seat. This incident has made sure those occasions will become still rarer. I just can't trust anyone else at the wheel.

Its super irritating... I want to go out on a ride on my bike and I can't, thanks to the hurting wrist. He's ruined random bike riding day for me.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:17   #4717
BHPian

Quote:

-- Torqy
Dude, another lesson learnt should be to always wear seatbelts even on rear seats when on highways.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:50   #4718
BHPian

This car overtook me and was driving very carelessly in the forest roads of kabini, 5 minutes later this is what I see. The one month old swift was totaled, the passenger was rushed to the hospital with a gash on his head and a very badly injured eye. The driver(the one with glasses) standing next to the car was shaken and a little bruised. Both the occupants weren't wearing seat belts and are very lucky to have got away with it. Just to give you guys an idea, the first pic is taken from the point the swift went off the road, you can see the car has come to rest after toppling for a good 100 mtrs or more.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-04022010750.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-04022010751.jpg  

Old 10th February 2010, 14:09   #4719
BHPian

Gosh! This is crazy.
1. Wreckless Driving
2. Not wearing seat belts
3. Morons drive fast through the wild life reserve. (Killing wild animals)

Some people learn it the hard way.
Old 10th February 2010, 14:50   #4720
BHPian

Dont feel sorry for these guys totalling their car they deserved it.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:24   #4721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Dont feel sorry for these guys totalling their car they deserved it.
Agree with you there! In south Karnataka, there are lots of straight forest roads with decent enough surface that tempts a lot of people to step on the gas. Dangerous for the poor wild animals, and in cases like this, to the people in the car too.
Old 10th February 2010, 18:17   #4722
BHPian

Taxi Accident Pics, looks bad don't know if anyone was hurt. This happen at Worli, Mumbai. Apparently a tempo rammed into it in the night

With the City's case I don't know if it happened at Worli but the pic was in Worli.

Also wrt the City can anyone tell me what is the thing in the front it is anchored to the cable with, the bumper was broken into to access that device, was it put in after the accident and if so how?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p100210_11.1501.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p100210_11.16.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p100210_16.4401.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p100210_11.1601.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p100210_11.1602.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p100210_16.44.jpg  

Old 10th February 2010, 18:54   #4723
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianchiefrsd View Post
Taxi Accident Pics, looks bad don't know if anyone was hurt. This happen at Worli, Mumbai. Apparently a tempo rammed into it in the night

With the City's case I don't know if it happened at Worli but the pic was in Worli.

Also wrt the City can anyone tell me what is the thing in the front it is anchored to the cable with, the bumper was broken into to access that device, was it put in after the accident and if so how?
Ouch! The cab looks pretty bad and the City's shunt is bound to hurt the wallet more than anything else! Moreover, it looks like it's just a few weeks old! The tyres suggest just that.

I have no clue as to what that thing is that's poking out of the front bumper! Isn't that the tow-hook?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th February 2010 at 18:56.
Old 10th February 2010, 19:06   #4724
Team-BHP Support

Yeah its a tow hook, will be in the tool kit. One has to open the cap on the bumper to screw it on. But doesnt the ANHS has a cap for this? Seems like bumper was disfigured earlier?
Old 10th February 2010, 19:53   #4725
Senior - BHPian

Another one on SH11

Hi,

Straight road, car rammed into the right rear tyres of a local Parcel service truck. Other than a dislocated rear axle on the truck, there is hardly any visual damage to the truck, Sorry no pic of the truck!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_838.jpg

Even the rear windshield is gone!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks