Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 21:55   #4726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Straight road, car rammed into the right rear tyres of a local Parcel service truck. Other than a dislocated rear axle on the truck, there is hardly any visual damage to the truck, Sorry no pic of the truck!

Even the rear windshield is gone!
Rajesh Sir, looks like yet another one involving a cab (yellow board)?
Old 10th February 2010, 22:19   #4727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Straight road, car rammed into the right rear tyres of a local Parcel service truck. Other than a dislocated rear axle on the truck, there is hardly any visual damage to the truck, Sorry no pic of the truck!

Attachment 285481

Even the rear windshield is gone!
Where did this happen in AC road??
Old 10th February 2010, 22:47   #4728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yeah its a tow hook, will be in the tool kit. One has to open the cap on the bumper to screw it on. But doesnt the ANHS has a cap for this? Seems like bumper was disfigured earlier?
Yes,the ANHC has a round cap on the front bumper.Either the bumper was disfigured in the crash,or it was disfigured due to forcibly open the cap with a wrench or something! Though I strongly feel its the former!
Old 10th February 2010, 23:39   #4729
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this was posted earlier , so posting it. Happened between CBE and Erode, all travellers dead.

A lorry and speeding bus hit this verna.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc03247.jpg  

Old 10th February 2010, 23:46   #4730
Senior - BHPian

What in the god's name happened here! May the departed soul(s) RIP and those who are responsible rot while they live.
Old 10th February 2010, 23:58   #4731
Senior - BHPian

Road Construction work during the 6 lane -ing process and traffic from both sides at times should use the oncoming side only. A nasty overtaking attempt by a private erode bound bus, a lorry in the opposite and an innocent verna sandwiched between! It was a businessman's family from tirupur where they were returning after finishing the admission formalities of their daughter.
Old 11th February 2010, 00:06   #4732
Senior - BHPian

The Verna crash is horribly macabre.Every single panel on that car has been disfigured
Old 11th February 2010, 00:34   #4733
Distinguished - BHPian

Plus the fact that the car seems to have been cut in two. That must be very rare.

Getting between two big vehicles like that; nasty. A saying from my UK driving teacher: always avoid being the meat in the sandwich.
Old 11th February 2010, 00:48   #4734
Senior - BHPian

I get the feeling it was cut open to recover the passengers, or whatever was left of them.

Really horrible crash. God bless the victims.
Old 11th February 2010, 01:12   #4735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
you can say that again! on our way to Chikmagalur in a TT (it was a night drive) the driver dozed off at the wheel and went off the shoulder and almost hit the railing. hadn't it been for one of my friend and myself (sitting in the front) who jerked the driver out of his sleep in time, all of us would have been dead. rest of the trip i was singing loudly to keep the driver awake!
Why didn't you open the front door and throw him out?
You could have asked the driver to sing instead, so as to punish him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Plus the fact that the car seems to have been cut in two. That must be very rare.

Getting between two big vehicles like that; nasty. A saying from my UK driving teacher: always avoid being the meat in the sandwich.
I believe in this case, the Verna didn't had any choice.
May their souls RIP.

Last edited by Dippy : 12th February 2010 at 11:31. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 11th February 2010, 02:22   #4736
Senior - BHPian

Thats one nasty crash! Doesn't seem like the car was cut open to retreive the bodies, rather the impact of the car smashed the car open.Either way,unfortunate that the innocent folks departed this way.
Old 11th February 2010, 07:51   #4737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Road Construction work during the 6 lane -ing process and traffic from both sides at times should use the oncoming side only. A nasty overtaking attempt by a private erode bound bus, a lorry in the opposite and an innocent verna sandwiched between! It was a businessman's family from tirupur where they were returning after finishing the admission formalities of their daughter.
I'm not sure i understood.
Usually, the overtaking vehicle is the MEAT in the sandwich. So, if the bus was overtaking, the bus should've got sandwiched unless the bus tried to overtake from left and pushed the Verna onto the coming truck.

-- Torqy
Old 11th February 2010, 08:26   #4738
Senior - BHPian

That Verna Accident is straight out of a Teminator movie. Horrible to say the least. I too did not understand how it happened. Maybe, the Verna was overtaking. RIP any way. Looking at the impact the other vehicles involved might also be heavily damaged. Any news on that ?
Old 11th February 2010, 08:43   #4739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
God!!! I don't have words coming out. At times I feel like not going through this thread. But then the very thought of this thread makes me a safe driver on the road!!! This is one nasty accident & I'm going to have a nightmare tonight . May God bless the innocent souls.

I wonder what would be the state of the lorry & bus drivers who were responsible for this accident. Will they give up driving, even if they get away with the peanut fine & jail? Will they ever repent? Will they start any "I did a mistake & let me ensure no one else gets killed like this?"

Last edited by aargee : 11th February 2010 at 08:45.
Old 11th February 2010, 09:28   #4740
BHPian

RIP to the family in the Verna; drinks or no drinks generally these bus & truck drivers care a damn for the small vehicles on the highway.

Most Viewed