Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 22:13   #4816
Senior - BHPian

Guess he got fed up of searching for a U turn.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nice-road.jpg  

Old 15th February 2010, 22:18   #4817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Taking Karnataka into consideration, Seat belts are not mandatory in any parts of KA, i know it is mandatory in Delhi and Mumbai, This is what i'm trying to tell, Helmet rule was enforced a few years back and every rider on the road HAS to wear a helmet or else he would be flagged down,
again, each and every one of us would wear seatbelts if it was made compulsory and with fine ,us indians are not taught road manners at school nor in the so called driving schools, we blame the auto drivers and local bus driver for not keeping in lane or not stopping for a red light, they are'nt as fortunate as us to travel to developed countries and adapt to their style of driving or log on to tbhp like us, many dont even know what lanes are for, we just think road is the place to travel and we never bother to learn completely about it, my point is, Most of the people know that it is not right to stop beyond the stop line at a red signal but people even cross the zebra cross and stand beyond it, People would definitely learn to stop before the stop line if our govt. Impose heavy fines for an offense.
if our govt. makes the rule more strict and impose heavy fines, each and every person would learn about the rules and adhere to even if it is an uneducated lorry driver.
Law enforcement has been a problem in India. Many would prefer to bribe enforcement agencies to work their way out rather than follow the rules.

Ignorance is another factor.

So, till such time when the situation improves, we would have to endure these maniacs on the road. And wear seat belts. And buy cars which have airbags.

And spread awareness around. This thread is doing wonders in that regard, IMHO. I showed the Verna/Lancer images to my wife, and she now makes it a point to wear seat belts.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:23   #4818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Impose heavy fines for an offense.
if our govt. makes the rule more strict and impose heavy fines
Paying, in money, to get away sounds way straight forward. 'dont think heavy fines or stricter rules would help at all. Imposing existing rules, to start with, & community service for punishment would do.
Old 15th February 2010, 23:26   #4819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post

Now that is a superb example of axle articulation.i bet the serious offroaders would agree. :P
Old 16th February 2010, 01:28   #4820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Now that is a superb example of axle articulation.i bet the serious offroaders would agree. :P
or call it axle disarticulation ...
Old 16th February 2010, 09:48   #4821
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
And spread awareness around. This thread is doing wonders in that regard, IMHO. I showed the Verna/Lancer images to my wife, and she now makes it a point to wear seat belts.
I've conditioned my daughter that now she feels uncomfortable unless she wears a selt belt. She has been belted in since birth other than when not feeling well.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:24   #4822
BHPian

7th January 2010 I crashed my car..(though it wasnt my fault)

Bonet, Head Light (Left Side), Fog lights, both side fenders, Bumper, Windscreen, Head light assembly, a/c condensor, radiator, coolant store box, front grille, horn total loss....

and on the top (cherry on the cake) insurance was expired 3 days back..

Note from mod - please directly upload photos . We do not permit uploading from public hosts. Please add your pic in another post and we will merge
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-46393710.jpg  

Last edited by nick17s : 16th February 2010 at 12:33. Reason: please directly upload photos . We do not permit uploading from public hosts. Please add your pic in another post and we wil
Old 16th February 2010, 12:32   #4823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
This is bloody hillarious (text)! Is this NICE by any chance ? Looks like the driver dozzed off at the wheel.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 16th February 2010 at 12:33.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:32   #4824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This is bloody hillarious (text)! Is this NICE by any chance ?
Yes prince, This is NICE road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post

Bonet, Head Light (Left Side), Fog lights, both side fenders, Bumper, Windscreen, Head light assembly, a/c condensor, radiator, coolant store box, front grille, horn total loss....

Note from mod - please directly upload photos . We do not permit uploading from public hosts. Please add your pic in another post and we will merge
Nick, You can now use this forum itself for uplodaing the pic. I have uploaded on your behalf. Just see the first page of the forum on "how to upload the images" section.

Last edited by bblost : 16th February 2010 at 12:41. Reason: Please use multi quote when quoting multiple messages. Thanks.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:37   #4825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That cant be a very good cake to bite. I see ~1L in expenses.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:48   #4826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Yes prince, This is NICE road

Nick, You can now use this forum itself for uplodaing the pic. I have uploaded on your behalf. Just see the first page of the forum on "how to upload the images" section.
Thanks bro..actually i got a link to upload the url..

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
That cant be a very good cake to bite. I see ~1L in expenses.
35k bro, got bonet and bumper from mayapuri for Rs. 1500 and Rs. 350 resp. and others stuff from OEMs, Actually a friend is working with ACMA(Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India) so he helped me getting all the stuff at very controlled cost..
Old 16th February 2010, 12:53   #4827
BHPian

you still claim because you have grace period to renew and if any thing happens in that grace period you can still claim for insurance.eg if you insurance expires on 15- feb -2010 then you might have grace period of 2- 3 weeks.so please check with the agent.
If that grace period is over then I am sorry and feel pity for you :(
Old 16th February 2010, 13:09   #4828
BHPian

@ sudan: I checked with the insurance guy bro..
2-3 days were after the grace time..however, I would only have saved 10k, even if the insurance was claimed..
Old 16th February 2010, 14:32   #4829
BHPian

Quote:

Looks real bad. What happened? I hope no injuries to anyone
Old 16th February 2010, 14:44   #4830
BHPian

@ kr raj: my chin hit the windscreen, luckily, i just got a scratch like I use to get while shaving...Nothing else (thankfully)..

Most Viewed